P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
Are there group meetups for people suffering from depression? Kind of like AA? I've been listening to YouTube videos to help with depression, etc and I read the comments. It's nice to see that people try to lift each other up by stating that we're not alone but unfortunately I still feel alone. It would be nice to actually be physically around people that comprehend the struggle. I need to see it with my own eyes and talk about it and share this horrendous feeling that I just can't shake.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Anxieyote, Remember-Me-Not and 1 other person
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I think going to a forum for lonely people or a forum for people looking for friends could be filled with depressed people. At least in my country, there are sites and forums for people looking to find a friend. And I think that if a person has to resort to a website or a forum to find friends, they probably aren't living happy lives.

I met someone on that kind of site/forum. They turned out to be a really good person, but had same kinds of problems as I do.

Reactions: Remember-Me-Not, prbreese01 and WonderingSoul
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Sounds like something for a Facebook group. I'm outgoing as hell, and I've only met one person from these forums irl. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I would be extremely careful with the whole group idea. Make a friend and meet them. Then, as a duo, decide if you want to add anyone else to the mix.

Also - this is not a dating or hookup site, but some people think it is. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: Remember-Me-Not and Shadowplay
P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
Sounds like something for a Facebook group. I'm outgoing as hell, and I've only met one person from these forums irl. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I would be extremely careful with the whole group idea. Make a friend and meet them. Then, as a duo, decide if you want to add anyone else to the mix.

Also - this is not a dating or hookup site, but some people think it is. Keep that in mind.
I stopped using Facebook because it's just way too upsetting for me. So I thought I'd ask here instead. I don't know, could I just go to an AA meeting? I live in South Carolina and just need to be around people that really comprehend how incredibly low I'm feeling. I don't think anyone really gets how close I am to giving up. I already have a bag of SN, I'm just too scared to take it.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I don't think anyone really gets how close I am to giving up. I already have a bag of SN, I'm just too scared to take it.
i feel for you but tbh nobody cares how close you are to ctb or most likely would want to invest in meeting you knowing you are in that state. It sounds you have pre conceived notions about human nature that is outright wrong and fantastical. I blame it on media and platitudes fed to us for long time but it is not the case. No one will come to save you

• Wow
Reactions: prbreese01
P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
i feel for you but tbh nobody cares how close you are to ctb or most likely would want to invest in meeting you knowing you are in that state. It sounds you have pre conceived notions about human nature that is outright wrong and fantastical. I blame it on media and platitudes fed to us for long time but it is not the case. No one will come to save you
I'm not getting the feeling that you feel for me. And I didn't ask for anyone to save me. I was asking for support group cause I'm trying to save myself. Thanks for your input though.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I'm not getting the feeling that you feel for me. And I didn't ask for anyone to save me. I was asking for support group cause I'm trying to save myself. Thanks for your input though.
Im sorry if you misunderstood me. I was just commenting about when you said "I dont think anyone how close i am to giving up". It sounds like you think the general public genuinely care for you or me. I just wanted to give you my two cents.

P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
Im sorry if you misunderstood me. I was just commenting about when you said "I dont think anyone how close i am to giving up". It sounds like you think the general public genuinely care for you or me. I just wanted to give you my two cents.
Sorry, I must've misunderstood it. I do think that there are people that have been in my life that know that I've had issues but I don't think they know how bad I'm really doing. I hise it pretty well. I just want to be able to vent like I do here but in person. I'm a terrible writer and I get easily lost with my thoughts and words so I thought maybe I'd do better in some time if support group.

Reactions: Snake of Eden
O

Onkyo74893

Dec 11, 2021
Are there group meetups for people suffering from depression? Kind of like AA? I've been listening to YouTube videos to help with depression, etc and I read the comments. It's nice to see that people try to lift each other up by stating that we're not alone but unfortunately I still feel alone. It would be nice to actually be physically around people that comprehend the struggle. I need to see it with my own eyes and talk about it and share this horrendous feeling that I just can't shake.
YES! I go to a face to face group of bipolar and depressed people that meet weekly. I believe it's national, if not worldwide. Google depression and bipolar support alliance. If you can't find a group, private message me and I'll try to find you more information.

P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
YES! I go to a face to face group of bipolar and depressed people that meet weekly. I believe it's national, if not worldwide. Google depression and bipolar support alliance. If you can't find a group, private message me and I'll try to find you more information.
Thanks for that info. I just searched and the closest one for me would be about an hour and a half a way from me. I don't think I'd be able to do that. There's gotta be something that I can go to near me. I'm in Charleston South Carolina , maybe AA?

O

Onkyo74893

Dec 11, 2021
I would'nt bother going to AA unless you're an alchoholic. I am one, and have been to dozens of meetings. But when I went to an AA meeting after I fell into a depression, nobody there could relate to what I was suffering. I'll get back to you after my next bipolar/depresssion meeting on Tuesday. The person leading the group might be able to give me more resources for you. Take care!

P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
I would'nt bother going to AA unless you're an alchoholic. I am one, and have been to dozens of meetings. But when I went to an AA meeting after I fell into a depression, nobody there could relate to what I was suffering. I'll get back to you after my next bipolar/depresssion meeting on Tuesday. The person leading the group might be able to give me more resources for you. Take care!
Thank you so much for trying to help me.❤️