randomindividual

randomindividual

Jul 12, 2024
I want to order SN . I found a reputable company. I am quite confused as the website has listings for "sodium nitrite AR" and "sodium nitrite CP" . Can anyone tell me what AR and CP means , and which one I should get.

greyblue_bian

greyblue_bian

2x Failed CTB Member
Jun 10, 2022
I want to order SN . I found a reputable company. I am quite confused as the website has listings for "sodium nitrite AR" and "sodium nitrite CP" . Can anyone tell me what AR and CP means , and which one I should get.
I'm pretty sure "AR" stands for Analytical Reagent but I don't know about CP. Maybe chemical something..?

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
From these two, the "Analytical Reagent" is a higher grade than the "Chemically Pure."

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and randomindividual
randomindividual

randomindividual

Jul 12, 2024
I'm pretty sure "AR" stands for Analytical Reagent but I don't know about CP. Maybe chemical something..?
I got this from chat gpt:

Sodium Nitrite AR (Analytical Reagent): This grade is highly pure and specifically suitable for analytical and laboratory work. It is typically used in applications that require precise and reliable results, such as in chemical analysis or as a reagent in experiments. The purity level is usually very high, and the substance is often subjected to rigorous testing to ensure it meets specific standards.
Sodium Nitrite CP (Chemical Pure): This grade is also pure, but it is intended for use in general chemical applications where ultra-high purity is not as critical. It is suitable for use in manufacturing and other industrial processes but may not have the same stringent purity and quality control measures as AR-grade chemicals.

So I'm assuming AR is better . I don't know. I'm hoping somone can dumb it down for me . Thank you so much for your reply šŸ™
From these two, the "Analytical Reagent" is a higher grade than the "Chemically Pure."
Thank you so much

• Informative
Reactions: Relic, greyblue_bian and not-2-b-the-answer
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It doesn't make one bit of difference whether AR or CP, as long as the assay is >95%.

Reactions: randomindividual