ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Won't lie I'm paranoid about SN failing on me, I am confident I won't call for help and find myself in bed. But wanted to know, what's the best otc medicine to have in case of failure. Prefer to avoid admitting to hospital for obvious reasons.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
If you can get methylene blue under one of it's brand names, that's your best bet. Intravenous administration is preferred because it takes effect more rapidly, but since you don't want to go hospital you could consider taking it orally. The dosage is 1-2 mg/kg with a maximum dose of 7 mg/kg so don't overdose on it.

It was even part of a crazy debunked health fad a while back. Amazon still sells it as a disinfectant for fish tanks, for example.

Other than that, maybe filtered water, a few sips, if you've vomited and only several hours after doing that, then drink every 15 minutes for the next few hours. Note I still think not going to a hospital after a failed attempt seems like a bad idea to me, and that failure chance is low if you do it right anyway. Methyl blue won't save you then.

• Informative
Reactions: squirley and ToTheTwillight
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Thanks for that useful info. From what I understand is that most recover without permanent damage, but still it's like when you get sick, you still take medicine to heal up, and in this case it's especially more important.

I don't have any psychiatric record of suicide or being admitted to mental institution, and I prefer to avoid being interogated by the psyche ward, thou I'll choose to admit to the hospital, be locked and interrogated and heal to normal rather than avoid it and risk high potential permanent damage. That's one of my concern, the other one is if my health insurance won't cover and I get extraordinaire expenses. You can even argue the latter concerns me even more.

I saw this on amazon, you think it's good as a failsafe to have at home per your suggestion to have methylene blue?

Amazon product ASIN B0BXTCGP6B

Kta1994

Kta1994

Experienced
Apr 25, 2019
If you can get methylene blue under one of it's brand names, that's your best bet. Intravenous administration is preferred because it takes effect more rapidly, but since you don't want to go hospital you could consider taking it orally. The dosage is 1-2 mg/kg with a maximum dose of 7 mg/kg so don't overdose on it.

It was even part of a crazy debunked health fad a while back. Amazon still sells it as a disinfectant for fish tanks, for example.

Other than that, maybe filtered water, a few sips, if you've vomited and only several hours after doing that, then drink every 15 minutes for the next few hours. Note I still think not going to a hospital after a failed attempt seems like a bad idea to me, and that failure chance is low if you do it right anyway. Methyl blue won't save you then.
What about intramuscular? There should be on how to go on about this, pretty sure the hospital in my small town in Brazil dorsnt have it

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Check the ingredients but in the case of methemoglobinemia, taking a small dose of methyl blue is safer than taking nothing if you're not going to hospital. It's not safe to take during pregnancy as it can harm the baby but I don't think many people will be on here to ctb while pregnant.

To avoid the embarassment of explaining you already took some orally if you have to be admitted to hospital later anyway, it's probably better to just be administered to hospital right away and let them do it. I'd have it on hand just in case you can't make it to hospital anyway, though. Don't overdose on it.
What about intramuscular? There should be on how to go on about this, pretty sure the hospital in my small town in Brazil dorsnt have it
An injection of methyl blue has to be intravenous otherwise it can cause necrosis/gangrene. If you don't think your hospital has it, it would be wise to acquire some.

Last edited:
Reactions: squirley
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Check the ingredients but in the case of methemoglobinemia, taking a small dose of methyl blue is safer than taking nothing if you're not going to hospital. It's not safe to take during pregnancy as it can harm the baby but I don't think many people will be on here to ctb while pregnant.

To avoid the embarassment of explaining you already took some orally if you have to be admitted to hospital later anyway, it's probably better to just be administered to hospital right away and let them do it. I'd have it on hand just in case you can't make it to hospital anyway, though. Don't overdose on it.
Got it as far as either going to the hospital to get the methyl blue, which is the advisable route. Or if you really case, as a fail safe have the methyl blue at home (given the right product).

I got these contents and info from the Amazon page. The bottom part where it says 1 mL (20 drops) contains 10 mg of Methylene Blue, I have guess but not sure based on your recommendation of dosage of 1-2 mg / kg how much drops should be taken in this case, and what the cap is if you said 7 mg / kg. Rather inquire by you to be safe rather than guess it.

Appreciate it a lot for you good responses!

Attachments

• Methlymene Blue.jpg
    Methlymene Blue.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: squirley
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Probably some kind of OTC anti-nausea medicine, i'd imagne you would wake up feeling pretty shitty.
I've also heard that people suffer from diarrhea after failing SN, so maybe something for that also.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
I would not drink anything personally that says "formaldehyde free" since nobody should be drinking formaldehyde in the first place for the product to require a label. Most of the ingredients are relatively safe enough individually. Glycerin can give you diarrhea. ORMUS minerals can be either ok or really bad, and I would not consume that unless it's listed as a product you take orally, to eliminate the possibility of heavy metal poisoning. I would not consume eye, ear or nasal drops either.

1mL:10mg ratio is good. Provayblue has a 1:5 ratio.

If you weigh 65kg you could take up to 60mg imo (6 drops...), assuming you have methemoglobinemia and aren't going to the hospital.

There are various other symptoms you can suffer with after an SN attempt depending on the regime followed.

Last edited:
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
Won't lie I'm paranoid about SN failing on me, I am confident I won't call for help and find myself in bed. But wanted to know, what's the best otc medicine to have in case of failure. Prefer to avoid admitting to hospital for obvious reasons.
I honestly don't think that anyone here can answer that and you will probably end up with suggestions that might make you worse off. It's a bit risky to be honest asking here for genuine medical advice 😳😳

Reactions: toofargone6969
I

iyusof

Sep 24, 2023
If you fail and are backing out after ingesting.. Go to a hospital or call for help asap!

You won't know what damage has been done and you might be making things worse by self medicating or not doing the proper medical steps. The worry is ending up in a worse state that you started, or worse still in a state that you can't attempt again in future!