N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Is this per definition given? I am not sure but capitalism is at least built on it. There are marketing sayings which are ingrained the psyche of Germans. Geiz ist geil! Ich bin doch nicht blöd! Difficult to translate. It is from a company a marketing slogan that says everyone who buys it for more money is an idiot. Ironically the revolution devours all its children. The company is almost broke because on the internet nowadays all is even more cheap. So it backfired. The other saying was stinginess is awesome. In German it sounds better.

What do I want to say? The current ideology and world order produces winner sand losers. However I have to add I don't know any other system with more life quality. But it is obvious capitalism and its rule is very deep entrenched in our daily life. There are some fake countermovements which all have the usage of shallow protest to portray oneself as better and morally superior.

Our lifestyle destroys the enivironment, exploits workers from all the world and not enough people profit from it. My personal answer is not to procreate to stop that cynical game. I could also now start to become a communist well the last 20.000 times (exaggerated of course) the outcome was not that "optimal". One could call me now a pessimistic. But when I just try to be self-aware how privileged I am to sit in a warm house, electricity, no war, no physical threats, not being forced of being a slave wage for a ridiculous amount etc I think it might be rational consideration to dislike the game that gets played. On top of that I still hate my life so how will people feel in even worse conditions.

To stop procreating won't really solve the problem. But at least noone that has my genes has to be part of this sick game. I hope my sister won't procreate.
I cannot really offer any good solution. The thread had to become extremely long for an attempt and I am tired. However if someone can come up with a brilliant idea maybe you will be the first SaSu member who will win the noble prize for a post. We would be all proud of you.
Sorry for the sarcasm I am feeling horrible and the humor helps to cope.

I am a loser for sure in this game called life. Capitalism fucks over me but I don't think in any other currently viable I would have a chance to become happy either. I wish science would come to the point that re-starting a brain could be a real option. I read about psychedelics however for someone who had a psychosis this would be pure poison. ECT. I don't know sounds scary too.

Kind of a rambling thread. An attempt to distract me from the pressure and anxiety.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dissappointed, katagiri83, Source Energy and 1 other person
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Yes, that's how life is balanced. There will always be someone better, more attractive and more talented than you. Winners, losers. Pretty, ugly. Life is a lottery.

Reactions: VioletNight, Jane Doe 13, Zegers and 2 others
asterisk3

asterisk3

gone
Jan 5, 2023
Recently I have begun to loathe my nature-given "conscience". It is a terrible fate to be self-aware of how unfair and difficult reality itself is for living beings. I won't mind it much anymore if I can fix my "discontentments" in my life, but I'm not so sure that is as possible as I'd personally like to believe

unHumam

unHumam

I <3 the cure
Feb 4, 2023
Learned that when I was very young. School will drill it into you, especially "good" schools.

manocsak

manocsak

Jan 24, 2023
Yeah it's unavoidable you can't do anything about it, there are people born more wealthy than you can be in a million lifetime. My cope is to try to be just a little better than I was. If you compare yourself anyone but you, your reward will be suffering

• Aww..
Reactions: VioletNight and Zegers
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
That's pretty much the way that life works as far as I can see. Predator and prey (in animal terms). I guess our consciousness has aided us partially in escaping this cycle but not nearly enough for my taste.

Reactions: WorthlessTrash, Source Energy and Anon1337
movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
Yeah, I feel this. I used to want to be a parent, but i don't think that would be good. Some people in life do well, and they'll be fit to raise kids. For me, I don't think so. I'm not fit, not now. This sub is full of unfortunate people.
It's Bad enough to be losers. Maybe one day, far in the future, society will understand the suicidal wish

Reactions: WorthlessTrash
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
It's called zero-sum logic and I'm not sure…

Procreation is both a taxing factor and a ressource for the planet. We need more humans to create sustainable solutions.

I'm so sad.

Last edited:
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Nature is vile, it loves to make winners and losers. I would love to see it all perish, sadly that can't happen.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes- to the extent that we all range in our abilities to do stuff. Those of us lucky enough to be gifted in subjects that are valued in their current era will do better.

Still- we ALL make mistakes- winners as well as losers make mistakes. Perhaps the winners in our society are just more resilient though. They maybe see all criticism as constructive and have that drive to keep going... Are ALL winners the most talented people in the world? I doubt it. They maybe just have more determination.

What I think would be an interesting question would be- Are ALL losers people who have given up? Is someone who is struggling but still trying a loser? It's comparitive really surely and it depends on your own value system. Is someone REALLY a loser if THEY don't believe they are?