february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
For the last few years I've had this image in my mind that I associate with absolute peace. It's more or less a post-apocalyptic scene of the Earth, hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of years after humanity was wiped out one way or another. Thinking about it and imagining it has become bizarrely comforting to me

I think I just really really hate humanity as a species. Like there are people I love, but as a whole, I hate us all. I hate what we've done to this planet and what kind of world we've created. I hate all the pain and unnecessary suffering, I hate the pointless injustices, I hate capitalism, I hate war, I hate religion, I hate it all. I see everything we do, everything we've done in the past, and I just see our species as a parasite that ruins everything it touches. And there's so much bad that I can't overlook any of the rare good. So that would be my ideal world

No people, no sounds of cars in the distance, no low buzz of some electric thing or other. No light when the sun goes down. The ruined remains of civilization being completely washed away with a tsunami, landslides burying whatever remained, trees and foliage growing over factories while the planet reclaimed everything humans touched. That's the important thing, obviously. No humans. No me. No more pollution, no more internet, no more pointless fighting, no more government, no more religion, no more systems, no more of any of it. Just a flock of birds flying through clear skies and deer quietly walking through the overgrowth, wind rustling the grass around their legs. Flash floods, wildfires, the most beautiful sky full of stars with no one to witness it. An ocean shore with no one standing on it, just waves crashing in over and over again for decades. Bees. Weeds everywhere

I don't know. I want it all to exist but I don't want to exist with it

• Love
Reactions: Lynx., sserafim, Iamtired and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
You are right about humans, they truly are the worst species that has just created so much harm, if all humans were capable of rational thought this species would had went voluntarily extinct a long time ago.

Reactions: sserafim and myusername890
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
For the last few years I've had this image in my mind that I associate with absolute peace. It's more or less a post-apocalyptic scene of the Earth, hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of years after humanity was wiped out one way or another. Thinking about it and imagining it has become bizarrely comforting to me

I think I just really really hate humanity as a species. Like there are people I love, but as a whole, I hate us all. I hate what we've done to this planet and what kind of world we've created. I hate all the pain and unnecessary suffering, I hate the pointless injustices, I hate capitalism, I hate war, I hate religion, I hate it all. I see everything we do, everything we've done in the past, and I just see our species as a parasite that ruins everything it touches. And there's so much bad that I can't overlook any of the rare good. So that would be my ideal world

No people, no sounds of cars in the distance, no low buzz of some electric thing or other. No light when the sun goes down. The ruined remains of civilization being completely washed away with a tsunami, landslides burying whatever remained, trees and foliage growing over factories while the planet reclaimed everything humans touched. That's the important thing, obviously. No humans. No me. No more pollution, no more internet, no more pointless fighting, no more government, no more religion, no more systems, no more of any of it. Just a flock of birds flying through clear skies and deer quietly walking through the overgrowth, wind rustling the grass around their legs. Flash floods, wildfires, the most beautiful sky full of stars with no one to witness it. An ocean shore with no one standing on it, just waves crashing in over and over again for decades. Bees. Weeds everywhere

I don't know. I want it all to exist but I don't want to exist with it
Poetic.

• Love
Reactions: Lynx., sserafim and february in alaska
Lynx.

Lynx.

Sep 28, 2022
Scenarios such as these are also one of the things that bring me comfort - the peaceful sound of civilizations gone by, without any sign of human life in it.

It is a morbid yet calming description.

Our pointless destruction of everything that lives would be finally put to rest.

Reactions: february in alaska and sserafim
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Scenarios such as these are also one of the things that bring me comfort - the peaceful sound of civilizations gone by, without any sign of human life in it.

It is a morbid yet calming description.

Our pointless destruction of everything that lives would be finally put to rest.
It's the most peaceful annihilation I can think of. And completely deserved, I'd say. It feels funny to be a traitor to your own species, but it's nice to know that inevitably all the shit we've done will implode and humanity will wipe itself out

Reactions: sserafim