idkimtired

idkimtired

Jul 8, 2020
I was taken off of my antipsychotic and it did not go well. I've just restarted it. But I'm crazy suicidal. I always hope that my life will miraculously end, but every once in a while I feel the desire to act on that thought...like right now. My only method right now would be alcohol and painkillers which I know is super inefficient. Or slitting my wrists. Also not very effective. Should I just admit myself to a hospital? If my job found out I went inpatient recently I'd get fired for sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The decision to admit yourself is a personal one that only you should be making. Maybe try to channel your impulses elsewhere?

Reactions: KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Job means nothing if your life is in danger.

Perhaps give your therapist a phone call if you can,
or alternatively you could call suicide prevention helpline in your country,
talking to someone how you feel right now can help relieve your stress and suicidal thoughts.

If you think it's necessary, do check yourself into the hospital.

Wish you well, darl. :hug::heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
I was in mental ward as a kid, when I was 14 and again at 17. My experience is that they put you on a lot of meds and wait for what happens. It helped me for like 3 months and then I was suicidal again.

However, this is just my experience. It could be potentially helpful to you.

• Hugs
N

Notmadeforthislife

Jul 12, 2020
I thought I'd lose my job for being admitted to the hospital for psychiatric reasons, too. That turned to be false. I was admitted for a week and my job was still there when I got out. Are you certain you would lose your job? I don't think employers should punish you for getting help.

• Hugs