Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
It's really that simple. I cannot focus on any of this for the life of me. I will just start daydreaming in the middle of homework and i'll just straight up lose an entire hour of time. I'm thinking about maybe giving up on trying to have a good life and just basking and rolling around in the mediocrity of it all. Maybe I will just choose to have my life be chaotic instead of trying to have peace. I guess I don't want things to be different hard enough, but I can't imagine why. I am not convinced this is a preferable state to be in.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Foresight, edu0z and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've always had bad concentration, so I understand. I'm sorry you are going through this. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

Reactions: Nolan96
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I've been experiencing a similar issue. I have a real addiction to daydreaming and my focus has been shattered due to a number of mental health problems.

I know it's hard but it can oddly feel so good to commit to the grind for the moment and come out on top. I've had more days where I gave up than days where I did well, but those days where it goes well are kind of euphoric. Pomodoro is the only thing that's worked for me. Being set to a timer and having a scheduled break just allows me to dig in. If I know I'm low on enthusiasm for the day I do shorter study sessions and longer breaks. If you ever want a study buddy my chat is open and we can do pomodoro together.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I always had this problem when in school. I found it impossible to focus on things that I didn't want to do. It was one factor behind my never finishing school. Then a few years ago when I did a year of a university course, same thing. I got through it but only barely.

If the cause is something like OCD, it would be good to see if there is any support available for you. Otherwise, just do your best! The flipside is that I've often been very respected in the workforce. Sometimes our strengths just don't align with the criteria of the education system. The inflexibility of the system in a neuro-diverse population is an issue that is slowly being recognised.

Reactions: SadLoser and Foresight