• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
Just imagine that. The great before. You're actually given a choice because someone in the living world, our world, is trying to conceive a child BUT you're actually given two options:

- Take a glimpse at what existence could be and the possibility of being someone in a living world.
- Choose to never exist and just fade away for eternity into oblivion.

Your decision is irreversible and final. Honestly I wish we had the possibility to choose to never exist...we never asked to be here.

Now I live each day wishing I never existed. It's torture.

P.S anyone watch the movie Soul?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Numbtopain97, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and 13 others
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Just imagine that. The great before. You're actually given a choice because someone in the living world, our world, is trying to conceive a child BUT you're actually given two options:

- Take a glimpse at what existence could be and the possibility of being someone in a living world.

Your decision is irreversible and final. Honestly I wish we had the possibility to choose to never exist...we never asked to be here.

Maybe we did choose. Personally I do not believe that, but it is possible.

Reactions: the_final_countdown, Spiral and RedPanda
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
I like the possibility that we're in some kind of fucked up Sims game, one that is full of microtransactions and grinding (not to mention terrible game balance). The person playing "me" should know better to stop purchasing shit from whatever EA-wannabe company published this game and uninstall.

Edit: if you're reading this, Player, fuck you!

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, it's_all_a_game, 262653 and 8 others
Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
I have often wondered if i chose this too, if i did i will kick myself for an idiot xD I sometimes look at my body and ask it, what did you offer me to trick me into this trap?
Imagine if before....we were a soul with no body, no sight, no sound no senses, and we come across a body with no soul, it cant move, it cant think, it is useless without energy. Did we trade?
I hope not xD

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and DivineMedicus
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
I have often wondered if i chose this too, if i did i will kick myself for an idiot xD I sometimes look at my body and ask it, what did you offer me to trick me into this trap?
Imagine if before....we were a soul with no body, no sight, no sound no senses, and we come across a body with no soul, it cant move, it cant think, it is useless without energy. Did we trade?
I hope not xD
Right? Like how desperate were our souls to find random bodies to merge with? There must have been some kind of bargain beforehand. Let's just hope that this is all worth it lol.

Reactions: Spiral and rayofsunshine
Deleted member 8782

Deleted member 8782

Jun 21, 2019
Hmm, how could one make such a choice without existing in the first place

Reactions: Mersault and GenesAndEnvironment
ThePainIsntSoBad

ThePainIsntSoBad

Jan 24, 2021
I would've hit the NO button in the middle of the their explanation that I have a choice

• Yay!
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, it's_all_a_game, Spiral and 3 others
Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
Right? Like how desperate were our souls to find random bodies to merge with? There must have been some kind of bargain beforehand. Let's just hope that this is all worth it lol.
Its one of my favorite theories to ponder, i am glad to have seen earth at least. It really is a beautiful place to look at.

'Veni Vidi conlidebantur'

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, suicidal_joe and DivineMedicus
hopelessyearning

hopelessyearning

Jan 12, 2021
I think we just keep thinking too much For me there is NOTHING after dead but it's hard to commit readings so many wild stories about what will it be on the other side NO-THING is my guess

Reactions: Spiral
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
Its one of my favorite theories to ponder, i am glad to have seen earth at least. It really is a beautiful place to look at.

'Veni Vidi conlidebantur'
Meh, wish I chose a totally different planet tbh.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Wrennie and Spiral
Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
would you create a new planet or you had one in mind? like mars or jupiter?

Reactions: DivineMedicus
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
would you create a new planet or you had one in mind? like mars or jupiter?
Mars is far too plain for my liking, and Jupiter far too violent and unforgiving. I would love to create my own worlds, where creation dominates over consumption. Currently the laws of the universe tend to heavily endorse entropy, and this has proven to be a pain in the ass.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Zzzzz and Wrennie
voidliquid

voidliquid

Jun 14, 2020
I feel like someone must have chose for me, and if I ever meet them again, golly will they be sorry!

If there is another round (which I really hope there isn't) I'm choosing "to fade away for eternity into oblivion."

• Love
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020

I do not think I have seen that movie? Is it good?

If my response to this single thread determines it, then I will probably be back?

I do not think a full-time human can be able and fully examine the full scope of this type of questioning though, unfortunately?

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
Mars is far too plain for my liking, and Jupiter far too violent and unforgiving. I would love to create my own worlds, where creation dominates over consumption. Currently the laws of the universe tend to heavily endorse entropy, and this has proven to be a pain in the ass.
I couldn't agree more. I spent a lot of time fantasizing about what life would be like if we didn't have to consume to live. Really i just want to be a fly on David Attenbrough's camera lens :love: Maybe i am just some kinda weird nature voyeur but i just want to watch things grow and watch animals going about their lives.
I do not think I have seen that movie? Is it good?

If my response to this single thread determines it, then I will probably be back?

I do not think a full-time human can be able and fully examine the full scope of this type of questioning though, unfortunately?

The term 'Full-Time human' has reaally set my imagination off on a tangent. Like, imagine if you could be a Part-Time human and the rest of the time something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: DivineMedicus, Spitfire and voidliquid
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
But when you choose to not exist you have to be conscious and therefore exist.
I rather not be a sentient being at all...neither ghost nor actual human/animal.
I simply wish there was no "I or me".

The idea to at least be able to make a decision whether to come to this earth sounds appealing though...

I wonder if this sort of thinking leads some people to reverse the argument
-like:
Accept the situation you're in since you chose to come here - which could be a pretty crushing argument for longterm sufferers of all kinds of (living) conditions.

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
But when you choose to not exist you have to be conscious and therefore exist.
I rather not be a sentient being at all...neither ghost nor actual human/animal.
I simply wish there was no "I or me".

The idea to at least be able to make a decision whether to come to this earth sounds appealing though...

I wonder if this sort of thinking leads some people to reverse the argument
-like:
Accept the situation you're in since you chose to come here - which could be a pretty crushing argument for longterm sufferers of all kinds of (living) conditions.
I know some people have found a lot of comfort in the idea that their spirit is eternal and free and they have chosen to be here for a short time but this isn't actually reality. For me i think its a fascinating concept and i love to debate it but i want the end to be the end. I do like to imagine that maybe there was a before though, like maybe i was a conscious entity before i came to this life. If i did choose to be here it was definitely not with full knowledge of what i was letting myself in for.

• Hugs
Reactions: DivineMedicus and stygal
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
I know some people have found a lot of comfort in the idea that their spirit is eternal and free and they have chosen to be here for a short time but this isn't actually reality. For me i think its a fascinating concept and i love to debate it but i want the end to be the end. I do like to imagine that maybe there was a before though, like maybe i was a conscious entity before i came to this life. If i did choose to be here it was definitely not with full knowledge of what i was letting myself in for.

I mean, we can't really prove that the spirit is eternal, but neither can we disprove it. Science may fail to provide any suitable explanation for this dilemma because science and "spirit science" may be non-overlapping magisteria.

TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
Imagine if before we were born, we get a trailer showing how our lives would be and then a choice to be part of it or not. I would certainly know the shit that was sticking to. I sure as hell wouldn't be here now.

I doubt that I asked to be part of this world, because even if God assured me that my life would be wonderful I would still refuse the offer.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Spiral
S

Suffocated

Nov 14, 2020
Of course, that would be awesome. I watched Soul last weekend.

Spoiler alert

It's a good movie, but I'm sick of the message "you have to just enjoy life, not live on expectations, yadda yadda."
For fu**'s sake, some of us just do not get it, we do not enjoy life, and just wish we never started it to begin with.
I would've committed suicide in the great before too if that was the only way out.

It's just brutal to throw us on this earth, give us shitty lives and unsolvable problems, insurmountable amounts of pain to drown in, then also make our way out hurt others! WTF? What kind of sick joke is this?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Deleted member 23885
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I'm Muslim & according to Islam, we did choose to be born but don't remember it.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Finally someone else brings up Soul here.

Technically the movie is absolutely what we'd consider pro-life so I really thought I'd see more people bashing it here lol. While I enjoyed the movie, it only solidified my plans to CTB because, in the context of the movie, I'm sure I am just a lost soul and whatever my own spark was had to have been something stupid anyway. I was probably tricked into choosing to come here.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Zzzzz
inthemoonblue

inthemoonblue

Nov 26, 2020
Surely I would've chosen not to exist. I'm really not cut out for it.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I like the possibility that we're in some kind of fucked up Sims game, one that is full of microtransactions and grinding (not to mention terrible game balance). The person playing "me" should know better to stop purchasing shit from whatever EA-wannabe company published this game and uninstall.

Edit: if you're reading this, Player, fuck you!

That is an interesting take DivineMedicus, or should I say - Mister Anderson?

The Sims is actually fun though - modded content, debug console, a creative sandbox, et cetera - there is none of that here. Plus with the Sims it is actually easy to CTB. If only it were possible to jump into a swimming pool in the real world and then delete the ladder.

The reality that we are in is much worse than a god-game, it is more like the average GTA: Online lobby.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Spiral and DivineMedicus
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
That is an interesting take DivineMedicus, or should I say - Mister Anderson?
Haha, thanks for the laugh :D

Yeah in Sims you can just spam yourself money and be filthy rich in no time (inflation would probably end the fun really quickly though lol). I also notice that Sims have much shorter yet more interesting lives, and I would rather take that than the drawn-out monotonous life that has become the norm in society.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 262653 and Sprite_Geist
confused-gemini

confused-gemini

Jan 7, 2021

I really loved that movie I really related to 22 in the beginning when she refuses to come down to earth and at the end when she turns into that monster that's how I feel every day. It honestly would be amazing if we could choose, I definitely wouldn't be here.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I really loved that movie I really related to 22 in the beginning when she refuses to come down to earth and at the end when she turns into that monster that's how I feel every day. It honestly would be amazing if we could choose, I definitely wouldn't be here.
Technically according to the movie then literally everyone who has ever existed actually did choose to come here. Kind of throws a lot of the arguments people have made here on their heads. :ahhha:

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I'd choose never exist. However, How would I know how painful life is without experiencing it. So I might be a bit curious and choose life, sadly.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
That would definitely be nice. Although, I'm not sure if I could trust my judgement. I mean, my life was ok early on, but progressively got worse, and my pessimism seemed to build up over time. There are many things I've chosen to try out and that have ended up being unpleasant experiences for me. There's no promise that any new activity you try will be a happy thing just because you've consented to it.