Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
One thing that prevents me from wanting to CTB, and stick around for a little bit longer is the concept of tulpas. There are forums and communities online devoted to creating what are essentially imaginary friends, and making them "real" through intense meditation sessions.

I remember finding an online chatroom a few years ago, where people would discuss creating their companions, and the subsequent "eureka" moment when their companion would start talking back to them, and exercising some degree of autonomy.

I am skeptical about it, but I have always been intrigued by the idea that if I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed; another identity in my head could take the wheel while I retreat into some kind of mental lockdown.

The stories these people would tell me were pretty incredible. They would get into "fights" with their alter egos, who might do things like taking control of their feet and hands if they disagreed with something the main personality was doing.

It's pretty easy to fake that sort of thing online, and I was always tempted to call bullshit when someone would pop in with a "Michael isn't here right now. This is Luna" in the middle of a conversation, but the concept has always intrigued me.

I also met someone irl through a dating app who claimed to be a shape-shifting "dimensional traveler", and he told me stories about adventures he would have in different multiverses. At the very least, these people seem to be having a great time going down these mental rabbitholes—even if it's to the detriment of their own social lives.

The subsequent drama that would play out in your own head after creating multiple different personalities who all considered themselves separate from you might be something exciting to explore for someone with no social life, and too much time on their hands.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, ColorlessTrees, ncmxm and 5 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
this idea has seriously changed my life, but i don't want to go into details, to be honest.

if you want the truth, tulpa is a very sad thing and it's not "enjoyable"/"funny" at all when you do it out of desperation & frustration. it's not as optimistic as someone might imagine

Last edited:
Reactions: little helpers and Anxieyote
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
this idea has seriously changed my life, but i don't want to go into details, to be honest.
The "I'd prefer not to talk about it" response is always chilling. There's another member on the forum who explored hypnosis as a form of self-therapy, and ended up with a mental disorder. They also said they'd prefer not to dwell on what happened because it was so traumatic. With as malleable as the human mind is, I can definitely imagine some terrible outcomes from doing intentional mental distortions.

Reactions: Foresight, little helpers and yive
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
The "I'd prefer not to talk about it" response is always chilling. There's another member on the forum who explored hypnosis as a form of self-therapy, and ended up with a mental disorder.
i think i understand who you are talking about. i think i'm in a "similar" situation. yes, it is very serious and the consequences can be unpredictable and terrible

DeathSaves

DeathSaves

Apr 19, 2019
Shinkuu, would you rather possess the body? Typing isn't hard, really, so i'll just throw in a few comments, if you don't mind. Well, carrying on.

Shinkuu has inhabited my soul as an indepedent being, and given that we both believe that Mental Realms is not the same as the Physical Realm, and that souls somehow exist inside bodies given that somehow the body possesses a "token" of sorts to Bind the soul within itself, we don't think we're the same... Although we do believe there's a lot of cultural pressure, up to the point of constituting social engineering given how far it goes, to estabilish that only one being may inhabit a body, although the being, accoding to our beliefs, isn't exactly inside the body itself...

That's mostly Kara's theory, but a human body with two souls inside of it might actually be a rather independent being, given that we make each other company and actually manage to create things new, something a single soul can't do, but given that society is highly regulated with nonsensical rituais, that might actually be a problem for controlling organizations... Let's just say we no longer have trouble finding people with whom to talk about hard things, given that Shinkuu and I are drawn to each other given that we're very similar souls.

Witches have always worked in the shadows, though, and for a reason. And we dare say that we're not the same people.

K

KimKevorkian

Experienced
Feb 23, 2022
Is this like creating a golem or a magickal servitor?

Tyrone Slothrop

Tyrone Slothrop

Mar 10, 2023
>One thing that prevents me from wanting to CTB, and stick around for a little bit longer is the concept of tulpas.

leahfocusplease

leahfocusplease

Mar 23, 2023
as the host of a system (i dislike using 'tulpa' and terms directly related to it), 'creating' headmates is absolutely possible and shockingly easy. it has absolutely changed my life for the better and i love every member of our system, and everyone i know who has done the same says the same thing.
what one has to take into account is that most of the famous/public references to plurality (be it endogenic or traumagenic) are filled with or are nothing but disinformation. if you want to actually learn what plurality and tulpamancy are, i can recommend some sources--but please don't take the words of some hellpit like a chan.

Reactions: Deo volente