Serenity

Serenity

Another Broken Spirit.
Feb 8, 2020
I don't know what to do anymore. I'm trapped. I can't escape this house - I'm 19 and I can't get out. They won't let me out. I can't escape this place. Everything I do, they are watching. They just want me to suffer forever. I can't kill myself and escape this pain because they have control over everything. I can't order packages without them being taken and opened, I can't drive, I can't walk anywhere because I live in the middle of nowhere, I can't even leave my phone sitting somewhere without my Dad looking at the notifications. This has been going on for a year, and I can't escape. This is complete torture. Someone, please help me, I don't know what to do. I have to act like everything is fine when they are home or else they get worse. I'm going to snap soon.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ghostgirl1995, Bauhaus, Wisdom3_1-9 and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
What they're doing is way too intense. It's like being in prison. It's torture.

I understand that no matter what you say, they're just not going to hear you. I don't know that for sure, you haven't said, so I'm making an assumption. My parents didn't hear me no matter what I said or how I said it, they had filters that distorted or blocked everything. I assume you've tried to speak up for yourself and they just double down.

At this point, your human rights are being violated. You're an adult and have no freedom of movement or action. Why the fuck are they forcing you to stay alive if they won't let you live? It's so counterproductive!

You asked for help. All I can think of would be to contact domestic violence programs and see if you can get into a shelter, rather than a straight up homeless shelter. What you're experiencing qualifies as domestic violence. Imprisonment is a means to control and falls under domestic violence.

DV programs and shelters can potentially help you get other resources for mental health support, finding a job, job training, housing, financial support if you can't work, etc. If you still want to die, then as soon as you get into transitional housing where you have your own room, or actually get your own place, then you'll have the privacy to do it. At best, you'll get the support you need to become independent.

If you choose to go this route, it's like anyone else who gets out of domestic violence. You have to use your strength and courage -- in spite of feeling fear and helplessness -- to reach out for the services, make the effort required to get to the help, and to use it. The services may suck, they may not, but it's an empowered risk and forward movement. I read once that when people are experiencing domestic violence, they can't be saved, they have to use their own desire and power to get out and get support, otherwise they can't overcome it and they will return or fall into another abusiy situation, similar to how helping a baby bird break out of its shell, which is so hard for the bird, will in fact keep it from surviving.

I hope this helped. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. You have my empathy and compassion.

Reactions: okkkk
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Your lack of freedom in this situation sounds suffocating. Why are you in this situation. I am assuming these are parents or some kind of carers keeping you here; is there no way of leaving this living situation. Even if you were to not ctb and try to recover I can't see this intense restriction helping.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm so sorry to read about this. I wish I could drive to your place and rescue you.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
M

mellow

Jul 19, 2020
do you have friends or relatives you can stay with ?