Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
I have been suicidal since I was 13, and wanting to CTB since so young definitely did a thing or two to my perspective. As my SN and AE makes their way to me, I have come to terms, knowing that I'll finally leave in a few weeks. Its a luxury, I suppose, to have the power to choose your exact date of death. I have been taking these few weeks seriously, went out and saw my best friend for probably the last time just a few days ago. I'm thinking and making drafts of the note I'll send to her for after I CTB. I'm considering gifts, things that she said she wanted, and meaningful things to gift her.

Other than this though, I'm also making peace with death. One of the perks, I guess, for having many mental illnesses, is that I'm no stranger to suicidal thoughts. When I was 13, the thought of suicide seems so scary and daunting. And yet, over the years, as I suffered more and more, suicide has became increasingly comforting. Gone are the original fears, and replacing them are excitement, happiness and calm. In my darkest days, fantasizing about my last day, and what happens next are what kept me sane, what sent me to sleep, what gave me hope. Still, though I still thought It'd helpful to look up more on this topic. I found a forum post about making peace with death, and in it, the topic of grieve was widely discussed. She (OP) was grieving about her past, a better time, and the illusions of a better future. Unlike her, however, I never had a past to look back upon sweetly. My childhood years were lost, locked away in a place deep and inaccessible. Many of my trauma responses today has no clear explanation, its origins lost to the seas of dissociative amnesia. My teenage years were one of turmoil, and deterioration. Truly, I lost what little life I had till then. I would stay up late at night, thinking what had gone wrong, and what made my life the way it is. I had hope then, and would think of a better and brighter future, a timeline where all my troubles were resolved. And yet, l would always come to the same conclusion---its too late. Sure, there were things I COULD have done in the past, routes that lead to the future I desire, but I can't change the past. When I look at what I CAN do, it is blank, my future so tantalizing close, and yet unreachable. The same conclusion followed me when I was 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 Each time I would see all the things I could have done, and yet I see nothing I can do, except for keep going downhill. Truly, hide sight is 20/20, and foresight is legally blind. A punishment fit for the fiery pits of Tartarus, where I'm forced to look back at all the mistakes I have committed, every single one that lead me to this place, and yet I can't do anything to fix it.

However, for the first time in forever, I can see something that slightly resembles a future I can tolerate. In previous posts, I expressed a desire for nothing but death, and the happiness and peace that follows. This still holds true even now, hence why I am so hesitant to embark on it. In my hands is a referral letter to a psychiatrist, give to me in late February that I have discarded till now. In theory, I COULD send this letter to the hospital. I COULD seek treatment for my many mental illnesses. I COULD finally get on prescription HRT, one day finally unlocking the surgeries I need. I COULD go to university, and study for the course I love. A major in psychology, where I can perhaps help others like me one day. Ironic, amirite? I'm not sure where this hope came from. A large part of me hates it, despises it. Its giving a decision that seems certain and inevitable just days ago a tinge of doubt. Perhaps having my SN coming to me gives a sense of security, that I can always use it if need be. But, it isn't here yet, there's still a chance it gets seized in customs, and my last hopes being replaced by despair again. I don't want to think about Plan B if that happens, its too painful. Or perhaps my weeks long depressive episode is clearing, and I'm finally heading towards euthymia, even for a little while. Or perhaps I have a hypomanic episode ahead, and I'm destined for an endless cycle of pain and suffering until I CTB.

I'm just, so tired. I don't want to be better. I just want to give up, and finally sink. Its what I want for so long. Even if I do seek 'help', the road just seems so long, so painful, and I'm so tired. I wished the road never appeared in the first place, so I'm never presented with this choice. My childhood and teenage years aren't gonna un-traumatize, my parents aren't gonna un-abuse, and the country I'm in aren't gonna un-discriminate. What's the point?

Sending the referral in would mean my life being turned upside down. I would need to talk about everything I buried for so long, everything too painful to even think. I might even lose the roof above my head. After all, telling my parents how their abuse gave me mental illness aren't gonna win any favors with them.

I'm sure when the time comes for me to go, I still will. Its what I wanted for so long, and simply an easier way. And yet unlike previous years, it isn't death that haunts me anymore. Its this illusion of hope, and I fucking hate it.

Sorry for the long rant, I just hate this sense of doubt, especially since (hopefully), all I need to CTB are coming soon. Why did that god forsaken letter fall out of my bag?

Reactions: imlookingforward, Dolphin55, redbathingduck and 1 other person
tuyu

tuyu

im not afraid to die.
Mar 19, 2023
Hello,

I think I can relate with you on the aspect that my depression had started from a very young age. I was about 5-7 years old and had chronic depression ever since. displayed behavioral problems in school and even got referred to psychiatrists back then but my parents didn't care enough to continue with it and even wrote on some notebook that they thought I had """recovered""" (nice joke).

Like you, I constantly feel / felt tired as well with life because it's a never ending struggle just to survive (I always tell pro lifers and my psychologists this and they don't know how to respond to that other than this is what everyone does … lmao seriously). I constantly under-slept because I was juggling so much shit like work, studies and other school shit so that I could feel like I'm overachieving and that other people can think that way, in order to open up more life opportunities like having some recommendation letter could get me into a good college, something along these lines. And when I say tired I mean both in the emotional and physical sense, I often could fall asleep while standing, or during lectures despite drinking copious amounts of coffee.

Anyway. I've started seeing a psychiatrist almost half a year ago and don't regret it. I got medicated and it's the best I ever felt in life. I no longer feel chronically tired even on days where I under sleep. I actually feel motivated to "learn some new skill" which was something I had wanted to do when I wasn't medicated but back then I literally felt so tired and no energy to pursue it. Edit: it is so life changing that I regret not being medicated when I was a young kid and blame my parents for their shit decision.

I'm definitely someone who is still pro-choice and will always be. I won't say shit like "things will definitely get better if you continue living " because I hate it when ppl say such shit to me. But I personally think there's nothing to lose to try going for the session, and maybe you'd gain something from it :)

Reactions: ocklepold and Scacie
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
I wish I could say things will get better if you take that road of hope. That you'll just have to fight for awhile longer, and then finally the sun will start to appear, and you'll get to experience everything you've missed…happiness, joy, love. But I can't say that, and no one can.

However, I will say this. If you have never before attempted treatment for your mental illnesses, it's a very real possibility you could improve and start to see things in a different light. No, it doesn't work for everyone. But it does work for some. It seems incredibly sad that one would end up giving up when perhaps, just perhaps, some form of relief is right around the corner.

But I know how tired you must be. I want to urge you to cling to that hope and not let it go, give this one more shot, but I know it's not fair for anyone to ask that of you. You've suffered a lot, perhaps you have suffered enough, and I'm so sorry for that.
You're faced with an awful choice and I wish you peace and strength for whatever you decide.

• Love
Reactions: ocklepold and Scacie
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Your feelings are very much understandable as of course existing in this world certainly can be so tiring. I also find comfort in the thought of death as it's the end to all suffering and problems, and I do see those who have the option of a reliable method as being very fortunate. To me this world certainly is hell, and it's just so unfair how people have to suffer all through no fault of their own but anyway I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: Scacie
Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
I wish I could say things will get better if you take that road of hope. That you'll just have to fight for awhile longer, and then finally the sun will start to appear, and you'll get to experience everything you've missed…happiness, joy, love. But I can't say that, and no one can.

However, I will say this. If you have never before attempted treatment for your mental illnesses, it's a very real possibility you could improve and start to see things in a different light. No, it doesn't work for everyone. But it does work for some. It seems incredibly sad that one would end up giving up when perhaps, just perhaps, some form of relief is right around the corner.

But I know how tired you must be. I want to urge you to cling to that hope and not let it go, give this one more shot, but I know it's not fair for anyone to ask that of you. You've suffered a lot, perhaps you have suffered enough, and I'm so sorry for that.
You're faced with an awful choice and I wish you peace and strength for whatever you decide.
I did though, when I was 15-16. The psychiatrist was bad, as I tend to be mute to new people who fails the ASD 'vibe check'. She would always say stuff like "your parents paid alot of money to be here, so you should better talk", which was horrible. I was suicidal then too, but I just wanted to get out so I lied and said what she wanted to hear

tuyu

tuyu

im not afraid to die.
Mar 19, 2023
I did though, when I was 15-16. The psychiatrist was bad, as I tend to be mute to new people who fails the ASD 'vibe check'. She would always say stuff like "your parents paid alot of money to be here, so you should better talk", which was horrible. I was suicidal then too, but I just wanted to get out so I lied and said what she wanted to hear
And you know that the particular one you previously went to was bad. I mean that experience downright seems horrible, if it happened to me I would be hesitant to visit any other psych too. I hope that if you do decide to use the referral, the new psych would work out better :)

Reactions: Dolphin55
Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
And you know that the particular one you previously went to was bad. I mean that experience downright seems horrible, if it happened to me I would be hesitant to visit any other psych too. I hope that if you do decide to use the referral, the new psych would work out better :)
Thank you.:heart: maybe it will, but I'm not hopeful. It's just, the journey is too long, and I'm just so tired.

Reactions: Dolphin55
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
Im sorry it was like that, sounds horrible. to be honest I tried to get help at around 16 too and lets just say it didn't go too well for me either. You have to get lucky to find good pyschs/therapists it seems, but they do exist…at least I hope so! I really hope your new one will be better, if you do choose to go…it's exhausting to try when it feels pointless but I guess you can think of it like you don't really have anything left to lose by trying. You can still ctb if they didn't help, nothing really lost. I'm trying a new therapist tomorrow, which I had to psych myself up so hard to book, and this is what I'm telling myself.

• Love
Reactions: Scacie