HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
I think im too far gone now, im in my 30s and never achieved anything. Recently got 1 IT certification and doing others but so lazy. Most days i dont even wana learn, i just rather watch Youtube , browse reddit, chat to people , game and eat junk until sleep time.

Ive lived like this all my life, just a hermit/ hikikomori.

Sometimes il study for 1 or 2 days and say to myself il keep it up tommorow then i wake up and feel too lazy again and say nah not today.
then another week goes and no study until i study for 1 or 2 days again then laziness for a week.

I just cant do anything, im possibly the laziest person on Earth.

I cant work I wont be anything.
Not only am I lazy, I am useless , social anxiety and other shit.

You have to be a proud worker bee to succeed and buy that house or car.

Im just not cut out for work or achieving anything but wasting time and my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: lalius, WonderingSoul, sserafim and 11 others
savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
pretty much in the same boat

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WonderingSoul, voyager, Kalabrese and 4 others
Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
I feel similarly. Currently 20, but feel like I have wasted all my life. I literally don't have any talents or achievements that I can list. CTB seems to be the only option as I grow older and things get worse. I do wish you the best!

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, voyager, loopdaloop and 2 others
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
I feel similarly. Currently 20, but feel like I have wasted all my life. I literally don't have any talents or achievements that I can list. CTB seems to be the only option as I grow older and things get worse. I do wish you the best!
my advice to you is you still very young, start working now! when you my age you will be earning a good salary with your own house and stuff. Find something youre passionate about or something you can manage that can help you achieve a good life. 20 is not late at all. But start now trust me i wish i was 20 again and i wouldnt waste that time.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: sserafim, steppenwolf, dialogos and 1 other person
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
my advice to you is you still very young, start working now! when you my age you will be earning a good salary with your own house and stuff. Find something youre passionate about or something you can manage that can help you achieve a good life. 20 is not late at all. But start now trust me i wish i was 20 again and i wouldnt waste that time.
Thank you, but I just feel so broken. I failed throughout my school life so I don't have any talents and I am hardly passionate about anything. It's like I don't have the energy to do anything Even getting out of bed and facing other people seems impossible. I also have a stutter which makes things worse when I want to communicate with others. I doubt I can do anything

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, voyager and dialogos
B

blindly_optimistic

Jan 23, 2023
Wellbutrin could be helpful

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos
D

damianshawl

Jun 9, 2023
Telling people lies isn't exactly helpful.

• Hmph!
Reactions: sserafim, steppenwolf, dialogos and 3 others
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
? Nothing he said was a lie. I too wish I was still in my early 20s or better yet younger. by the time you hit 30 and if you're still lost your peers are either moved on or worse off it's very hard to recover by that point

• Aww..
Reactions: WonderingSoul, lalius and dialogos
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
who says its lies? you? 20 is a ripe age to start any thing so fuck off i cant be arsed . who the fuck are you anyway to say im just lying? how about you go and fuck off from my thread take your worthless opinion and get the fuck outta here.
Wellbutrin could be helpful
i was on it for 6 months, true it helped but caused me side effects which i didnt like.

Reactions: Hollowman
F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
Thank you, but I just feel so broken. I failed throughout my school life so I don't have any talents and I am hardly passionate about anything. It's like I don't have the energy to do anything Even getting out of bed and facing other people seems impossible. I also have a stutter which makes things worse when I want to communicate with others. I doubt I can do anything
Im close to your age and i understand the desperation but life is about much more than succeding in a career and making a house etc.

There is so much more things like getting into a relationship, watching the stars while taking to a friend and eating marshmallows, indulging in things you like and are passionate about.

I know our depression is currently hindering us from enjoying these things but hopefully it won't be permanent

• Love
Reactions: Gaga786
D

deomlez

Not english native speaker. Ctb is my life.
May 19, 2023
It s easy tosay "at your age..." but not useful imho.

OP Perhaps can you try to challenge a time to work every day. Begin little (1 hour ?) But honnestly, with a precise goal (e.g. work a sheet of training course, understand a notion etc).
Good luck.

Reactions: HermitLonerGuy
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
Im close to your age and i understand the desperation but life is about much more than succeding in a career and making a house etc.

There is so much more things like getting into a relationship, watching the stars while taking to a friend and eating marshmallows, indulging in things you like and are passionate about.

I know our depression is currently hindering us from enjoying these things but hopefully it won't be permanent
Thank you, it does mean a lot. I agree, but I can't do any other things as well. I can't get have a relationship because im gay in a homophobic country, I hardly have any friends and I doubt I will ever have any because im just so dislikable and ive never been good at making any..I have very low intelligence and have zero passions so there's nothing regarding that. Each day is difficult, I always dread what lies ahead in my future. I hope too that it won't be permanent, but it seems like it'll last forever

F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
Thank you, it does mean a lot. I agree, but I can't do any other things as well. I can't get have a relationship because im gay in a homophobic country, I hardly have any friends and I doubt I will ever have any because im just so dislikable and ive never been good at making any..I have very low intelligence and have zero passions so there's nothing regarding that. Each day is difficult, I always dread what lies ahead in my future. I hope too that it won't be permanent, but it seems like it'll last forever
You might be able to leave the country one day who knows. What makes you think you have low intelligence?

• Love
Reactions: Gaga786
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
You might be able to leave the country one day who knows. What makes you think you have low intelligence?
well I get severe airport anxiety, its like whenever I see the check in counter my heart starts pounding and I feel like ill be reprimanded and insulted. It's like the worst case scenario, I just can't communicate with other people and I also have this fear that I'll lose my passport and things are going to be wrong. Applying for visas and stuff seems to be most the stressful aspects and I can't handle it. Regarding intelligence, I failed throughout my school life, my parents had to be called every single year and I was told that I am a burden on my parents as I waste their money and that Its better that I should be studying in a state school(worst type of school in my 3rd world country)and that I will bring shame to my private school reputation by getting a very bad result etc. I got a IQ test back in 2017 and It came back in the 80s.

• Aww..
Reactions: voyager
F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
well I get severe airport anxiety, its like whenever I see the check in counter my heart starts pounding and I feel like ill be reprimanded and insulted. It's like the worst case scenario, I just can't communicate with other people and I also have this fear that I'll lose my passport and things are going to be wrong. Applying for visas and stuff seems to be most the stressful aspects and I can't handle it. Regarding intelligence, I failed throughout my school life, my parents had to be called every single year and I was told that I am a burden on my parents as I waste their money and that Its better that I should be studying in a state school(worst type of school in my 3rd world country)and that I will bring shame to my private school reputation by getting a very bad result etc. I got a IQ test back in 2017 and It came back in the 80s.
I guess i get it now, sorry if i wasn't of much help. Just so you know im also from a 3rd world middle Eastern country so i know the discrimination gay people face

• Love
Reactions: voyager and Gaga786
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
I guess i get it now, sorry if i wasn't of much help. Just so you know im also from a 3rd world middle Eastern country so i know the discrimination gay people face
its completely alright. Don't worry, I wish you the best

• Love
Reactions: fedupwithlife
KarmicRain

KarmicRain

Mar 27, 2023
i think "low intelligence" is derived from the insecurity built from lack of meaningful action. after all, the value of any given thought is only really proven once it has haven an effect on reality. and changing reality requires effort I don't have.
well, that's me anyway. maybe they're different.

• Love
Reactions: foreverfalling and fedupwithlife
F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
i think "low intelligence" is derived from the insecurity built from lack of meaningful action. after all, the value of any given thought is only really proven once it has haven an effect on reality. and changing reality requires effort I don't have.
well, that's me anyway. maybe they're different.
Agreed

neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
Im pretty much the same at the moment.
Funnily enough I used to work really hard and studied a lot. Problem is I paid all this money and time to study things that I realised quite soon were basically useless. My 20s were fun because I travelled a lot but i didn't get much valuable work experience.
I'm 35 and most of my friends have careers and I'm still wondering what course I can do that will give me the magic life skill I need to do anything useful. I even struggle to do basic administrative work in an office due to my shitty social skills and lack of self esteem.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
I feel the same. I am 27, only worked in a "regular job" for a couple of days. I've had my own business but failed to achieve anything with it. I just want to play video games, listen to music and spend time with my pets. I want nothing more from this life. I am deeply disgusted by this society and people in general, the existence of child and animal abuse fucks me up mentally so bad that I just want to die so I'll never see anything like that ever again. I am tired as fuck, but cannot sleep at night because I can't stop crying.
The worst thing is if I could just make a little amount of money, I think I would be relatively okay. I would move to a tiny house faaaar from everyone and just be there with my animals. So the fact that I can't find a fucking online job makes me want to die. I don't need anything, I just want to be alone with my pets. It hurts to breathe.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: voyager, dialogos, HermitLonerGuy and 1 other person
F

fruitty

Apr 18, 2023
Can relate. Right now im 26, heading to 27 years old still live with my parents. I've had work experience, but its just an intern position. Also I think I'm behind on everything in life, I honestly don't like comparing myself to others. But damn, truth fuckin hurts, and its also a fact too. I've made my peace and make up my mind, that I don't want anyhting. I'm not looking forward to do anything in the future, I'm just waiting for my body to rot. I don't even care if I'm end up on the street.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: voyager, dialogos and HermitLonerGuy
D

damianshawl

Jun 9, 2023

cool beans *thumbs up*

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Rocinante, deomlez and dialogos
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
well, for starters grandpa, you're very angry over an opinion. secondly, things are different now and it's not exactly easy. so if anyone should screw off it should be you and your advice. you're contradicting yourself by offering this advice and not applying it to yourself. just because you're in your late 30s doesn't mean you're not young?

literally what you just told them you can apply to yourself as well. but hey it's not my thread so you're right.

I'll see myself out.
How can someone 35 be grandpa use your brains moron . Secondly it wasn't an opinion u called me a lie so fuck off with your insults .

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos
S

SafferGuy

Oct 27, 2023
I think im too far gone now, im in my 30s and never achieved anything. Recently got 1 IT certification and doing others but so lazy. Most days i dont even wana learn, i just rather watch Youtube , browse reddit, chat to people , game and eat junk until sleep time.

Ive lived like this all my life, just a hermit/ hikikomori.

Sometimes il study for 1 or 2 days and say to myself il keep it up tommorow then i wake up and feel too lazy again and say nah not today.
then another week goes and no study until i study for 1 or 2 days again then laziness for a week.

I just cant do anything, im possibly the laziest person on Earth.

I cant work I wont be anything.
Not only am I lazy, I am useless , social anxiety and other shit.

Im just not cut out for work or achieving anything but wasting time and my life.

You sound like a carbon copy of me. I did fuck all today again, and now it's time to smoke some weed.

steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023

You just posted on a suicide discussion forum that you're not cut out for anything but wasting time; you're in no position to be giving advice! Take a look out of the fucking window: nobody's working, the pollution and wars over the oilfields are poised to end civilization, and the youth are all discussing how best to end themselves humanely, and your advice to them is to buy a fucking car! No wonder they want to catch the bus ffs

Last edited:
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Well, I'm 46 and certainly wouldn't want to be 20 again. Having to go through all that suffering and decade long dying process again, no thanks. At most I'd take a peek at the moment before my problems began at 16.5, to see if I could had done anything different or was always damned to fail. But that's it.

I'm not saying that just because it didn't work for me it won't work for anyone else but I'd be cautious suggesting that age could solve one's problems or improve one's life. My mum would also sometimes tell me "if only she was my age". She sees herself at that age not me in my situation.

As for laziness, same, yes, for instance knew about bitccoin in 2012 when they were below 10$, but was too lazy to set it up. Wouldn't really have made a difference but still...