A

Ayloy

Apr 13, 2023
I'm really close to ctb. I don't know what to do. When my family kicks me out I'm going to be homeless without the ability to get a job let alone the energy to work. I'm supposed to support my friends. One of them said this "I'm sorry but you'd have to push yourself - you're going to have to anyways if you want to get anywhere and help me and epic. - not to mention all your other friends". I don't know what to do. Whenever I try to push myself I only get worse & that's not even enough. I don't have access to any help without forever debt that would lead me more homeless.

I don't know what to do. I need something, anything able to keep me going & to have enough energy to live. Other than that I'm just not going to make it. I'm supposed to get a job by November. I don't have any other option. I don't have any accomplishments. I don't have anything more than depression & trauma. There's nothing I could put on a resume. So I think I'm going to starve to death on the streets if nothing happens.

• Hugs
Reactions: chloramine and LittleJem
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
You may not be able to get anything more than not-very-good job rn but perhaps doing a little bit of volunteering for some service organization and using that as an activity you did and as a jobs recommendation would work! :D

Reactions: 710
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
if you don't mind me asking, why exactly do you "have to support your friends?" you don't "have" to support anyone you are not the legal guardian of. nobody can make you support anyone. if my friend told me i had to support them we would almost instantly stop being friends. I don't agree to personally support anyone, i barely support myself.

Reactions: wishmomwasprochoice
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
"I'm sorry but you'd have to push yourself - you're going to have to anyways if you want to get anywhere and help me and epic. - not to mention all your other friends".

what a very insensitive and selfish thing to say to someone whos struggling. id rather have friends who said nothing versus this shit. at best, they might be trying some kind of 'tough love' tactic but this friend -- or any friend for that matter -- isnt magically entitled to your help.

Reactions: chloramine
A

Ayloy

Apr 13, 2023
if you don't mind me asking, why exactly do you "have to support your friends?" you don't "have" to support anyone you are not the legal guardian of. nobody can make you support anyone. if my friend told me i had to support them we would almost instantly stop being friends. I don't agree to personally support anyone, i barely support myself.
I promised them that I'd help, before my depression became this bad. All of my friends except one are in terrible positions. I am to, but for a long time I was able to fake happiness until my mental health started spiraling downwards at striking speeds. It's my fault they have those expectations.

Last edited:
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
I promised them that I'd help, before my depression became this bad. All of my friends except one are in terrible positions. I am to, but for a long time I was able to fake happiness until my mental health started spiraling downwards at striking speeds. It's my fault they have those expectations.
respectfully, their expectations don't matter. what they think doesn't matter. you have to support yourself, you aren't legally obligated to support them, so you don't have to. these people don't sound like friends at all. if i were you i'd cut them out of my life sooner than later.

Reactions: wishmomwasprochoice and jazzcat
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Okay, but situations change. It's not that you don't want to or aren't trying- it's that you can't. I sympathetic to them, but expecting one person to shoulder the responsibility of a group of people is insane. Even if the one person is perfectly functional that's too much.

Take things one step at a time and maybe reevaluate things with your friends. Maybe there are social supports that can be accessed or something? I don't know their situation and what's possible for them, but this really isn't a matter of you going back on your word.

Reactions: wishmomwasprochoice
A

Ayloy

Apr 13, 2023
respectfully, their expectations don't matter. what they think doesn't matter. you have to support yourself, you aren't legally obligated to support them, so you don't have to. these people don't sound like friends at all. if i were you i'd cut them out of my life sooner than later.
Soo I'm just going to say this. Me, "Kei", & "Epic" are planning to support each other in a single housing situation. It was in hopes to get somewhat stable & maybe successful in an unstable & rotten world. I was supposed to be the first to get in a my sh^t together as I'm not resilient enough to survive the situation my family has forced me into. I just don't have the energy for anything. I'd be ok with just dropping dead, but my friends would be hurt. I just want to know of any way to get energy & an opportunity to get money.