Mar 30, 2020
I relate so much

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Sprite_Geist, death137 and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've seen about 10 different therapists throughout my life, can you believe that all of them told me "to be positive"? Ridiculous!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137 and NothingElseMatters
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
I can see only one positive thing: Death is waiting for all of us.

Reactions: FuneralCry
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
This is relatable. How is it possible to think positively when you are surrounded by awful people and situations? Sometimes the individuals who are viewed as "negative" are not actually negative at all; they are simply in a bad disposition in reaction to other peoples bad behaviour. It is anger-inducing when a person who is being bullied - for example - acts unhappy, and yet they are the party that is labelled as negative rather than the bullies; surely it is the bullies who are negative? This could be applied to any situation where somebody is mistreated by another.

Contrariwise: not everybody who is viewed as "positive", is actually positive. It is an overused word; to some that are in the category, that like to preach about the concept, it means to just ignore the suffering of those around you. Everybody has their own definition of what it means to be positive, but to me the concept is about trying to be kind to others, because kindness is a "positive" trait - right?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and FuneralCry
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I can relate. There are many people who just think that many of life's problems can be solved just by changing the persons mindset. People who say this are ignorant and it invalidates the suffering the person is experiencing. It is simply irrational to be positive in many situations.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist