conveniently_dead

conveniently_dead

May 31, 2019
It's becoming legal in Canada for mental illness in March of 2023 apparently. I can hold out through another winter.

But I'm terrified I won't be approved. I do have a documented history of mental illness but I've heard rumors that you need like 3 different doctors to agree and need to try every medication avaliable.

I just want to go in peace. I'm in chronic pain mentally and physically. I can't hang myself or jump I just don't have the courage. I need assistance.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: eternal_life, Rational man, Funeralprincess and 6 others
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Crap, I always refused medication so they will refuse me. Pills or even heroin can't fix a lifetime of abuse. The problem is society & I want out.

I hope you'll be approved

I wish we could hire a hit man on the dark web

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rational man, lionetta12 and conveniently_dead
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Woah, this is pertinent news for me. I just brushed up on the situation and it looks like the eligibility criteria will be the same as it is now for physical conditions: two physicians or nurse practitioners must sign on for it (likely tough to get them), and your condition must be determined to be "grievous and irremediable" (subjective at best...). But unless there are new criteria added, you do not have to agree to any potential methods of treatment you deem unacceptable. The full document is here.

Getting the physicians to sign on for this will almost certainly be the hardest part, though I suspect once this comes into force, a few may make names for themselves for being supporters of it. Hopefully this is all implemented in a beneficial and humane way. Best of luck with whatever happens.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man, Disappointered and conveniently_dead
F

Funeralprincess

Death never turned on me
May 8, 2022
It's becoming legal in Canada for mental illness in March of 2023 apparently. I can hold out through another winter.

But I'm terrified I won't be approved. I do have a documented history of mental illness but I've heard rumors that you need like 3 different doctors to agree and need to try every medication avaliable.

I just want to go in peace. I'm in chronic pain mentally and physically. I can't hang myself or jump I just don't have the courage. I need assistance.
I'm in america and was disappointed Canada wouldn't take people from other places. It was at that point I realized they're going to be very strict. My friend who lives in Canada has also heard that multiple doctors need to approve it (most likely they won't because they will pull the "do no harm" BS) and she also heard that multiple psych evaluations need to be done and they need to be deemed valid enough for an assisted death (meaning that they feel getting better wouldn't be possible for the patient)… it seems like so much red tape

• Aww..
Reactions: conveniently_dead and Rational man
I

Idontmatter

Just want it all to be over
Oct 25, 2021
Wow, I wish the U.S would do that. I've tried so many medications I've lost track.

• Aww..
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Your feelings are understandable. Euthanasia should be a human right, people have already suffered enough in life so they deserve the option of a peaceful exit. None of us should have to resort to methods like hanging and jumping, they sound so horrible. I hope that things go the way that you want them to. Best wishes.

• Aww..