wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Thoughts? why the 600L figure?
Humphrey said even a minute of breathing just N2 will be enough. "3-5 gulps of inert gas"
Sorry for so many questions but am just curious :)

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Elbow room. Time for hesitation, time for a trial run, etc. And on top of that, when the actual time comes, you want plenty of time on the other end because human physiology differs wildly, and some people (uncommonly) can take longer, like 20 minutes or so. Now, even if the N2 ran out after 10 minutes, the N2 in the bag is more than likely plenty to finish the job with no panic because by that point, the body isn't even really breathing anymore except for agonal breathing and a few terminal gulps. But why cut it so close?

• Love
Reactions: LetmeCTB566 and NodusTollens
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
Elbow room. Time for hesitation, time for a trial run, etc. And on top of that, when the actual time comes, you want plenty of time on the other end because human physiology differs wildly, and some people (uncommonly) can take longer, like 20 minutes or so. Now, even if the N2 ran out after 10 minutes, the N2 in the bag is more than likely plenty to finish the job with no panic because by that point, the body isn't even really breathing anymore except for agonal breathing and a few terminal gulps. But why cut it so close?
Makes sense!! Thank you.

Reactions: LetmeCTB566
wannagohome

wannagohome

Jan 6, 2021
Maybe it's due to a report by Russel Ogden about 4 cases of assisted suicide at Dignitas Swizerland using Helium and facemask (!) that is circling round here.
Can be found at researchgate.net. (maybe also in the resources)
3 have died within ~10 mins, one took ~40 minutes. Later analysis showed the the facemask was displaced during the procedure and the Dignitas staff was not allowed to interfere by law. So 40 min is somehow a number in case something fails.

Reactions: LetmeCTB566, wordsonscreen and Mare Imbrium
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I would love to use this method to ctb, but I am so low on funds. I don't have $300 to spend on a regulator alone, not to mention another $200 at least on the tank of gas. If anyone can help with ideas of how to make it a little cheaper for me, that would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Mare Imbrium and wordsonscreen
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
I would love to use this method to ctb, but I am so low on funds. I don't have $300 to spend on a regulator alone, not to mention another $200 at least on the tank of gas. If anyone can help with ideas of how to make it a little cheaper for me, that would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Sharing a regulator maybe? idk. Same issue for me. Its just so much work and money. But am glad you're trying for this method.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium