Mara09

Mara09

Tired
Feb 6, 2021
So, I was shopping recently and I don't really do well in shopping mall environment, my brain always feels overwhelemed by the people and general atmosphere. I guess it's because of that I ended up buying a pair of knee socks to wear with a skirt - only when I got home did it hit me I have a bunch of self-harm scars on my thighs and I wouldn't be able to wear a skirt with knee highs. It's not as if those are new scars or anything either, I should be well-aware they're there. I felt really dumb but at the same time it was pretty funny.

Does anyone else have some sad-funny/stupid moments like this?

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dr Iron Arc, GrumpyFrog and 2 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I got a bottle of fine champagne as a gift from a client this Christmas/New years. I opened it and drank exactly one sip before not feeling like champagne anymore. After a few days it spoiled and had to be poured out. Can't I get to enjoy anything at all in life?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Sensei, Mara09 and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
without knowing your scars, you couldnt use foundation or scar/tattoo cover up to hide it? maybe a longer skirt? honestly i try to not let my scars bother me although i can understand, theyre like a big waving flag "hey look at me!"

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and GrumpyFrog
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've become so lonely that some things like that happen to me when I go out.

For example, when I go to a supermarket, I feel as if people were looking at what I bought and thinking stuff like "oh, this guy is gonna get drunk and eat junk food today".

I can get very anxious and nervous because of this and maybe, actually, they're not paying any attention to me lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Sensei, Mara09 and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
For example, when I go to a supermarket, I feel as if people were looking at what I bought and thinking stuff like "oh, this guy is gonna get drunk and eat junk food today".
They likely don't think anything, and even if they do - how's that a bad thing? If I'd notice a guy who's about to get drunk and eat junk food, I'd just want to join him.
I guess it's because of that I ended up buying a pair of knee socks to wear with a skirt - only when I got home did it hit me I have a bunch of self-harm scars on my thighs and I wouldn't be able to wear a skirt with knee highs.

I don't know your situation, but why not? Can you just cover them with foundation so the scars are less noticeable?

• Love
Reactions: Mara09, WornOutLife and Dr Iron Arc
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
They likely don't think anything, and even if they do - how's that a bad thing? If I'd notice a guy who's about to get drunk and eat junk food, I'd just want to join him.

This worlds needs more people like you!! You've just made me more confident haha.

• Love
Reactions: Mara09 and GrumpyFrog
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I have so many moments like these they're more than daily occurrences and I can't remember most of them...

One experience I get reminded of a lot is like in 2012 when my friends and I went to go see The Dictator in theaters, I went to the bathroom before getting seated while my friends went in. When I went in the movie had already partially started so I thought I saw one of my friends and sat near him at the end of the aisle. I spent the whole movie laughing with him, whispering jokes to him, and he just told me to shut up. I thought he was just trying to enjoy the movie. When the movie ends and the lights go on, I realize I was sitting nowhere near my friends and I was just sitting next to some random guy and annoying him which astounded me because he sounded exactly like one of my friends. Turns out they were all sitting in the back of the theater wondering where the hell I was the whole time. I'm amazed that guy didn't sue me for harassment or something because I was definitely tapping his shoulder a lot to tell him jokes all the way through.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: lobster salad, Mara09 and WornOutLife
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
@WornOutLife aw c'mon, you're making me blush with your hopefully not sarcasm.
I'd tell you what my friend once told me: have you ever thought that you might seem like much cooler guy than you give yourself credit for from the outside?
Because if getting drunk and eating junk food are the "worst" things you do, you must be pretty cool.

So many people on here are so much cooler than they give themselves credit for. Even with their scars.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and WornOutLife
Mara09

Mara09

Tired
Feb 6, 2021
without knowing your scars, you couldnt use foundation or scar/tattoo cover up to hide it? maybe a longer skirt? honestly i try to not let my scars bother me although i can understand, theyre like a big waving flag "hey look at me!"
I don't know your situation, but why not? Can you just cover them with foundation so the scars are less noticeable?
Not sure if I'm dumb, but my scars are pretty bumpy, so foundation doesn't really hide their texture, just makes them a different colour and leaves them pretty visible. Unless I did something wrong (I just used the foundation I usually use for my face).

I have however since I stopped cutting (hopefully for good) considered getting treatment for them since there seems to be quite a few options, it's just gonna take a while. My main point of this post wasn't really that I'll never be able to get rid of the scars, just that I found it funny how it had completely slipped my mind in that moment that I even have them. Maybe should've added a "wouldn't be able to wear it anytime soon with the specific skirts I picked". Thanks for the advice, though.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I have however since I stopped cutting (hopefully for good) considered getting treatment for them since there seems to be quite a few options, it's just gonna take a while. My main point of this post wasn't really that I'll never be able to get rid of the scars, just that I found it funny how it had completely slipped my mind in that moment that I even have them. Maybe should've added a "wouldn't be able to wear it anytime soon with the specific skirts I picked". Thanks for the advice, though.
i figured that was why you made it however in case you were upset that you felt you couldnt wear your skirt i thought some advice might help :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Mara09
Mara09

Mara09

Tired
Feb 6, 2021
i figured that was why you made it however in case you were upset that you felt you couldnt wear your skirt i thought some advice might help :hug:
Aww I'm just fine don't worry haha, but I really do appreciate the sentiment

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Not sure if I'm dumb, but my scars are pretty bumpy, so foundation doesn't really hide their texture, just makes them a different colour and leaves them pretty visible.
Yeah, I get it, some if mine are fairly bumpy as well. But considering they're on your thighs, they probably aren't really that noticeable if their color doesn't stand out, unless a person knows to look for them, or their face is somewhere in your lap (and in the latter case they should either be comfortable with the whole of you, scars and all, or GTFO). I'm sorry if I'm saying the wrong thing, I just wanted to point out that if even you forgot you have them, others might not notice as well.
Well done quitting self-harm, that's the hell of an achievement. Hope you're proud of yourself!