L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I'm so saddened for the people who find my body. It'll be badly decomposed. It will smell terrible. My heart breaks for them. I don't want to traumatize them. But, this is my only way out. I wish this could be different.

Can anyone relate?

Reactions: SquidsCuts, FutureHanger, Aim and 1 other person
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I'm so saddened for the people who find my body. It'll be badly decomposed. It will smell terrible. My heart breaks for them. I don't want to traumatize them. But, this is my only way out. I wish this could be different.

Can anyone relate?
I mean no one gives a fuck about me. So if I could laugh at whoever would find me I would.

• Hugs
Reactions: F@#$, Meditation guide, letmejoindeath and 1 other person
Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
I understand you. I wouldn't want to traumatize anyone or cause problems for anyone after i'm gone, but i think this is inevitable, and the person who finds the body will probably be shaken, but my family and friends will too.

This is sad, and unfortunately everything in this life has a consequence, whether positive or negative, but in this case it is negative :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and leavingsoon99
C

changes

Nov 25, 2023
Having to choose who will find me is a major stress, and almost a deterrent. It's leading me to favour a less visually upsetting method, which may not be the best choice for me. Can anyone else relate to this I wonder

Reactions: alba87, Redacted24 and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It is a sad thing that worries us ontop of all the stress we are going through. It's even worse when you know your families are the ones who would find you and that they would forever associate the room with your death. But there are some things that are beyond our control.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I've thought about this too. I was thinking about waiting for a really cold stretch of weather climbing into a dumpster and shooting myself. If I'm frozen I won't smell. Hopefully I'll get dumped into the truck and then to wherever trash goes. If I am found then it's a police matter. Fuck the police they can deal with it.

Reactions: FutureHanger
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Last year I was really looking for any out and despite my long desire to make it so nobody could ever find me, I just didn't care about being found at that point. I was scoping out places in the house to hang, and almost got a shotgun to use in the back yard. But I couldn't do it, not that way, because the first people to get back in the afternoon are my kids from school and the chance that one would go to the basement that day for some reason were too great.
I would not want to do that to them.

If you're able to wrap yourself in something and put a note on outside to alert authorities, that might prevent a random hiker seeing much.

The coroners are used to seeing decomposed bodies. Fun fact, there's a University in Iowa where they have a field where they let bodies decompose, for forensics training as part of their curriculum..
Thank you for being thoughtful of others. I've seen a few bodies in my time and every one of them is in my memory. :heart: