H

HopeIsLost

Game Over
Oct 2, 2020
I don't understand how people think that you can just get through everyday despite how awful life may be and that it's bound to get better. I live in constant suffering and I'm sick of it.

Every single time I try to bring up my problems anonymously on the internet or to anyone I always get the same response.

I just wished people would actually listen instead of trying to give me false hope that my life will ever become worth living.

I just want my feelings and problems to be acknowledged rather than to be dismissed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, NO-HOPE, GreenTree and 11 others
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
That phrase is sort of a go-to from people who don't understand. I've been hearing it for years. I'm sorry people are so invalidating and dismissive of your feelings.

Reactions: ncmxm, FuneralCry, Ramirez and 3 others
Elysium Searcher

Elysium Searcher

Longing for eternal sleep
Jun 12, 2021
That phrase is sort of a go-to from people who don't understand. I've been hearing it for years. I'm sorry people are so invalidating and dismissive of your feelings.
This.

Unfortunately most people seems to be like that, it's very difficult to find someone who can listen to you and your problems without judgement or "empty phrases", but to try to acknowledge your state, especially IRL. People are really terrible at this.

I hope this will change one day, as well as for the rest of us. :happy:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, EraseRewind, SuicideAwaits and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those people often haven't been suicidal themselves so they will never be able to comprehend what it is like. In this society there is an attitude that we have to live and push through life no matter how much suffering we are going through. Quantity of life is seen as more important than quality of life. I would rather others accept and agree that my situation is hopeless rather than be told positive phrases that don't help anything.

Reactions: lovelyheartz, NO-HOPE, Not Being and 7 others
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
if u want a change you gotta try sth different. Things wont get better if you remain in the same place doing nothing.

Reactions: SosoruzeDosukoi and EraseRewind
GlassAlwaysEmpty

GlassAlwaysEmpty

Red Grapes only
Jun 22, 2020
Things will get better, I know you will find happiness one day, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I've heard these types of sayings for YEARS and things have only got worse.

I hear these things a lot from people who have suffered from depression in their past and luckily for them they've seemed to have gotten their life back. But not all of us are that lucky, and I'm just so tired, not sure how much longer I can hold on for things to get better.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
Alot of people who talk like that probably don't believe in their bs themselves. They just feel the need to make sure they dont end up with the feeling that "they could have said something to prevent it." I suspect. Either way I usually just stop talking to people who think they can bullshit me that easily :hihi:.

Reactions: ncmxm, Gabriel.88, Largeletters and 2 others