jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I had all the arguments and retorts at my finger tips today. I had such clarity and unusual assertiveness and ability to phrase things how I wanted, it was liberating. Thank you SS for being here for me always, you're all in my heart, I love you all

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: woh6, StolenLife, archipelago and 21 others
worst.therapist

worst.therapist

Aug 25, 2022
i'm not much of a reddit guy, most of topics people are just saying stupid shits to op, so gj kicking theirs ..

but i have to confess that sometimes i go to r/DeadBedrooms/, always make me laugh

and i love you too @jodes2

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and jodes2
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Pro lifers really are annoying. I think that a lot of them are delusional. I'm pleased for you that you benefitted from arguing with them. I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: archipelago, not-2-b-the-answer and jodes2
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
While it is good that you stood up for yourself, I am not sure if kicking a proverbial hornet's nest is the best action.

Especially since this place, from my little understanding, has enough heat.

That said, I think anyone should be able to stand up for themselves, but with the understanding that there may be a flip side to that coin and a price to pay.

Always make sure you want to pay the price.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: milkandcoffee, not-2-b-the-answer, waitingforrest and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I had all the arguments and retorts at my finger tips today. I had such clarity and unusual assertiveness and ability to phrase things how I wanted, it was liberating. Thank you SS for being here for me always, you're all in my heart, I love you all
What is it pro lifers do except say things like that?

• Love
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, waitingforrest, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 3 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Oh, do not fall down that trap. Do not develop a taste for deliberately going to people you disagree with to argue on the social media, it is like doing drugs. At first you get a high like what you're described, you have all the arguments and retorts, and you're clever and verbose and happy to "show them all", but if you keep doing that you'll start getting into lengthier and lengthier arguments that will make you more and more frustrated. And then before you know it, you'll be sitting in your room fuming with the mood completely ruined, because you didn't have enough retorts and right words to get back at all the people teaming up against you after you've kept kicking the hornets nest (or because you got banned from everything) and now you keep walking around pissed off, continuing an imaginary argument with an asshole that is wrong on the Internet and wouldn't listen to you. Been there, done that, 0/10 do not recommend :)) Don't go seeking out assholes, they eventually find you everywhere anyway. There are a million other things more worthy of your time, talking to us here instead of pro-lifers on Reddit is one of them.
I don't think you'll be able to persuade them, and there is the reason for that. Not everyone wants to be saved - but that doesn't mean that no one does. They help some people, they just can't help most of us despairing SS folks, and the best we can do is agree to disagree and let them be.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hollowillow, apple2myeye!, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Oh, do not fall down that trap. Do not develop a taste for deliberately going to people you disagree with to argue on the social media, it is like doing drugs. At first you get a high like what you're described, you have all the arguments and retorts, and you're clever and verbose and happy to "show them all", but if you keep doing that you'll start getting into lengthier and lengthier arguments that will make you more and more frustrated. And then before you know it, you'll be sitting in your room fuming with the mood completely ruined, because you didn't have enough retorts and right words to get back at all the people teaming up against you after you've kept kicking the hornets nest (or because you got banned from everything) and now you keep walking around pissed off, continuing an imaginary argument with an asshole that is wrong on the Internet and wouldn't listen to you. Been there, done that, 0/10 do not recommend :)) Don't go seeking out assholes, they eventually find you everywhere anyway. There are a million other things more worthy of your time, talking to us here instead of pro-lifers on Reddit is one of them.
I don't think you'll be able to persuade them, and there is the reason for that. Not everyone wants to be saved - but that doesn't mean that no one does. They help some people, they just can't help most of us despairing SS folks, and the best we can do is agree to disagree and let them be.
Yeah there's good truths in that, good points, thank you. I just thought it might be good to be around normies a bit but it really is kicking the hornets nest and asking to be banned lol. Bloody Reddit.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, waitingforrest and GrumpyFrog
jane

jane

death is not the end
Sep 5, 2022
heck yea good job! usually when i try to defend the pro choice side, i get downvoted to helllll

• Hugs
  • Love
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
heck yea good job! usually when i try to defend the pro choice side, i get downvoted to helllll
Ah you need to choose a slightly more pro-choice sub to have any chance of convincing pro-lifers, when it's a pro-life brigade through and through it's asking for trouble lol they'll swarm on you like angry hornets

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
You're our hero 😆💖

• Love
Reactions: jodes2
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
What happened to Jodes? Did he leave? Or was he banned? I liked his posts quite a lot, miss him quite a bit.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and Source Energy
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
What happened to Jodes? Did he leave? Or was he banned? I liked his posts quite a lot, miss him quite a bit.

Quotes from User Discussion Megathread.

According to the mods, he was auto-permabanned for receiving too many warnings, with the last one, from what I can make out, seemingly being for 'Encouraging CTB'. (Idk if I'm allowed to repeat what was said or link the post, as his comment is deleted now.)

It's a great shame, jodes2 was a really nice and helpful person to me. :notsure:

I must have missed that one. I don't remember any time that jodes2 encouraged anyone to CTB.
I thought he usually discouraged it.
Sometimes I worry about saying the wrong thing in goodbye threads.

Yeah, that's the thing I find quite weird about it.
He was known here to discourage people from CTBing to the point of being accused of being a 'pro-lifer'.
I'm pretty certain he wasn't actually encouraging it in the thread, but taken out of context his comment sounded like he was I suppose.

I can kind of understand someone accidentally saying something that could be considered encouraging CTB and getting a warning for that, but I'm not sure what else jodes2 might've done that got him so many warnings as to be automatically permabanned. :/

I'm very upset to hear jodes2 was banned. they helped me a lot, and I wished to speak with them again. could the mods reconsider the ban?

:ohhhh: Oh no, @jodes2 NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ;-;

I considered you my best buddy on SaSu! :aw:

I can't believe, I just simply cannot believe that. While he was willing to share sources with people who asked him for it (he was the one who helped me find the source for antiemetics that I share with others after all), I've always heard of him discouraging CTB far more than the opposite. And despite my distaste for pro-life statements... strangely enough I didn't mind at all when it came from him.

Were his previous warnings from making too many pro-life statements outside of the recovery section? That's the only thing I can think of why he'd get so many warnings.

It don't matter, I'm gonna miss him badly. :'(

Indeed, I feel the same way. :'(

I'll miss seeing @jodes2.

Hope he's doing ok.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Shivali and Per Ardua Ad Astra
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Thanks did not know how to serach the partner megathread and you helped me quite a bit so i thank you very much for the infor provided. I do not remember jodes encourging anybody to ctb usually quite the opposite. Not sure if you are still reading but you are missed at least by me. Not sure if there is a way to ask the mod to reconsider if there is i would like to formally make this rquest. If not I wish jodes all the best and may he always find what his heart is looking for. Godspeed to him.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and rationaltake