Bad-luck

Bad-luck

"Tradition is the corpse of wisdom"
Oct 31, 2023
I hate how god damn lonely I am. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to break this feeling. Paired with depression, it doesn't help. People always say that "oh you can talk to me!" When I do, they get very annoyed by it. I wish I had someone to talk to.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Life Is My Coffin, sylvey, Praestat_Mori and 17 others
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
I am lonely too , it hurts so much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Deadfrogwalking, wontachievehappines and 2 others
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Same, I've been incredibly lonely as of late. I lost my few connections I had in this area and now I'm really really alone. Making new friends at 46 is hard. Especially in this time with ecenomic hardship and I feel unconfident, hopeless, anxious, rejected too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Deadfrogwalking, divinemistress36 and 4 others
wondering&wandering

wondering&wandering

My precious moon! Don't go, please.
Jan 12, 2024
I hate how god damn lonely I am. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to break this feeling. Paired with depression, it doesn't help. People always say that "oh you can talk to me!" When I do, they get very annoyed by it. I wish I had someone to talk to.
Yeah, being lonely is a slow-cooked killer. Personally, I have a fear of rejection, so when people say, "you can talk to me," and I do, and they stop talking to me it's absolutely devastating. But I've tried learning from that, and now I do my best to not be seem like a nag (I believe I was pretty toxic back in high school with how clingy I was to this one girl), and to give people the benefit of the doubt when they inevitably not respond to my messages.

People are busy and have their own absorbed lives and problems. There are billions of people out there and lots of potential for lots of conversations. So I try to keep a 'don't get attached or offended' mindset, and that's helped me.

Also, if you want, you can talk to me. Although, I will say I don't always have SS open, so it might be a daily check-in chat instead of real-time talking. But yeah, if you want to talk I'm here.
I am lonely too , it hurts so much.
I'm sorry you feel that way too. For whatever it's worth, I'm here to talk to if you want.
Same, I've been incredibly lonely as of late. I lost my few connections I had in this area and now I'm really really alone. Making new friends at 46 is hard.
Yeah, making friends as you get older is tough. Especially when most people have established connections and friends at that point so I'm just a bottom choice.
Especially in this time with ecenomic hardship and I feel unconfident, hopeless, anxious, rejected too.
Yeah, I feel you.

Reactions: Spiritual survivor
vivisectione

vivisectione

shade of a person
Jan 13, 2020
i haven't figured out a safe and surefire way to ctb and i cant do it. so im playing a waiting game. and its kinda humiliating how much i crave just like. simple positive interaction. like for me it feels really cloying and embarassing the extent to which it constantly follows me. so youre not alone in feeling this way.

Reactions: Life Is My Coffin, Remanant and Spiritual survivor
P

pasho25000

Student
Jan 17, 2024
Every time I feel alone I try to do something I love it's a horrible feeling I know but when it hits me I watch a good movie

rottenflesh

rottenflesh

Jan 8, 2024
can i add you somewhere else? i really "enjoy" listening

J

jackrussell023

Oct 31, 2023
Same, I've been incredibly lonely as of late. I lost my few connections I had in this area and now I'm really really alone. Making new friends at 46 is hard. Especially in this time with ecenomic hardship and I feel unconfident, hopeless, anxious, rejected too.
Totally agree with you in making new friends in the 40s - very hard. I don't even have the motivation to try to attend events etc to try to meet new people due to social.anxiety etc. And even if I did, breaking into a friendship group is supposedly extremely difficult where I live as everyone has their little clicks.

H

hannila_m

Jan 18, 2024
I know how much it hurt... Might sound weird, but.. you are not alone with your loneliness :heart: hugs!

depthss

depthss

SOON
Dec 12, 2023
Same here, severe loneliness is one of the worst things I've ever felt. I feel your pain

D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
Same nere,
Every time I feel alone I try to do something I love it's a horrible feeling I know but when it hits me I watch a good movie

Same here, I dive alone well beyond the reef and hope the sharks get me or my gear fails.
Loneliness drives me more than anything to CTB.
Self imposed isolation in order not to hurt anyone else or be hurt by another ever again.

Last edited:
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
It's not uncommon. The older you get, the smaller your circle becomes. You realize that outisde of family, most people only have 1 true friend they can really count on. That sincerely care about your problems. And that's if you're lucky.

NoAIarmsNoSurprises

NoAIarmsNoSurprises

soon this will all just be a bad memory
Jan 18, 2024
I'm sorry friend, I know exactly how you feel. Every time I find a piece of new information or something interesting, I find myself wishing I had someone to share that moment with. The worst part is.. it's not that people are uninterested in me or find me strange, I just can't bring it in myself to let them get close. I always obsessively second guess everything I've said or done during the interaction, even hours or sometimes days after they've taken place. My brain just wont let me enjoy the most simplest things without having to be so pathetically self-conscious of myself.

A

AllAlone

Oct 4, 2023
It sucks cause when you spend enough time alone it becomes what you are used to. For me, I am really lonely and all I want is to have somebody that cares about me. But at the same time talking to people gives me nothing but anxiety. When someone tries to talk to me I feel so anxious I try to escape the situation as fast as possible. Even posting on forums I feel anxious about people responding to me so I won't check my messages for days sometimes. I hate being alone but my brain is so broken that it is the only thing I can tolerate.

Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises
P

pasho25000

Student
Jan 17, 2024
It sucks cause when you spend enough time alone it becomes what you are used to. For me, I am really lonely and all I want is to have somebody that cares about me. But at the same time talking to people gives me nothing but anxiety. When someone tries to talk to me I feel so anxious I try to escape the situation as fast as possible. Even posting on forums I feel anxious about people responding to me so I won't check my messages for days sometimes. I hate being alone but my brain is so broken that it is the only thing I can tolerat

ti relate to what you said i feel the same