Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Yup, I am. And I'll tell you why
I had an in depth conversation with a manga author today. While talking they told me about their story and how they don't have friends but are satisfied with their work. It made me think how, in desperation to be loved, I always put "making friends" high up on my list. I always said "I don't need friends" but then like a dog, would run after people wanting their numbers because I was so desperate. Making a bunch of fake friends who never cared while craving more at the same time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja, BornofDust and botanormal
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
That's why I'm not desperate to make friends anymore.
They show up when you expect it the least. There's no need to look for them. They will find YOU.

Meanwhile, just enjoy your loneliness...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Manaaja, Meditation guide, loopylou and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
In my friend's circle, I'm the champion at Hide N Seek, they haven't found me in 30 years!!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma, Wrennie, wolfsoul and 1 other person
Invisible 73

Invisible 73

Jun 22, 2019
Yup, I am. And I'll tell you why
I had an in depth conversation with a manga author today. While talking they told me about their story and how they don't have friends but are satisfied with their work. It made me think how, in desperation to be loved, I always put "making friends" high up on my list. I always said "I don't need friends" but then like a dog, would run after people wanting their numbers because I was so desperate. Making a bunch of fake friends who never cared while craving more at the same time.
There's nothing wrong w.u for wanting friends. Were social beings, we crave closeness instinctively. And when we've had less than stellar childhoods, where that initial need wasn't properly fulfilled we seek closeness w.any & everyone we come in contact with. But that's something we can work on in therapy! Learning how to build self esteem, and healthy connections, healthy relationships.

On another note; as someone who has 2 disabled brothers, & grew up w.them being taunted by the R word. I'm asking you to PLEASE stop using it! And to please edit it out of your post title.

Reactions: Tkmiz_Tsukumizu and Joey
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
That's why I'm not desperate to make friends anymore.
They show up when you expect it the least. There's no need to look for them. They will find YOU.

Meanwhile, just enjoy your loneliness...
I made a really good friend of mine by pure chance. Went out for an evening , I was driving so sober. Her mates changed their plan and instead of sharing a taxi home they decided to stay in the city and she didn't want too. I offered to take her home as she was quite upset ( now realise she's the same as me and gets bad social anxiety ) I went 17 miles past my house then 17 back to drop her home. She's my best friend since

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife