mashka9

mashka9

Oct 4, 2023
I have a very suicidal friend. I know he has attempted multiple times in the past, and i've discussed this with him over text MANY times. I keep worrying about how if he does succeed, and someone goes through his phone, they'll find our messages (esp since we are also friends irl). If someone finds our messages, i'm scared i'll get sent somewhere... does this actually happen? or am i just anxious for no reason?

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
The police shouldn't be able to go through his phone without a good reason, that would be a violation of privacy. If you are scared about someone finding the messages anyway you can ask your friend to delete them and talk about ctb with disappearing messages, that's a thing on telegram, whatsapp and instagram
Also welcome to SS

Reactions: Foreverix
catperson

catperson

#live stream your last breath
Aug 25, 2023
most likely the cops wouldn't go through it but if you're worried about someone seen it, their family might go through Messages, so I was just asked to delete

Reactions: Foreverix
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
nicotine_goblin makes a good point. Especially if you live with your parents, any reasonable expectation of privacy doesn't matter all that much. Why not ask your friend to delete their texts with you and move to an encrypted chat app?

If you're scared of getting caught, prioritize your privacy. If you're capable of it, acting like you're well can go a long way towards increasing your own privacy. The more apparent suicidality becomes to those around you, the more they will try to insulate you and distrust you.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicotine_goblin
mashka9

mashka9

Oct 4, 2023
The police shouldn't be able to go through his phone without a good reason, that would be a violation of privacy. If you are scared about someone finding the messages anyway you can ask your friend to delete them and talk about ctb with disappearing messages, that's a thing on telegram, whatsapp and instagram
Also welcome to SS
thank you! for both the welcome and the help!!