apoptosis

apoptosis

rest easy in sleep eternal
Mar 25, 2022
It can't even be called exhaustion anymore. It's far, far more than that. I'm tired every time I breathe. With every thought I think, I feel the last of my energy being strung out further like taffy. It's becoming thinner and thinner and I can't even break down and cry anymore. I'm too exhausted to even do anything but lie in bed. And even then I feel like I'm burnt out.

I'm failing my college classes. I used to be a straight A student. I don't care anymore until I do, and when I do, I feel this fiery, crippling, all-encompassing self hatred that makes me want to stab and rip myself apart whilst I scream. I genuinely despise myself. I feel absolutely disgusted with my entire being.

I just fucking HATE existence. I'm so fucking pissed that my parents decided to fucking bring me into this world. I'm so fucking mad, depressed, exhausted, bored, and apathetic that I can't wrap my mind around it and it's just— I'm so tired with it all.

And the thing is— while the depression had not gone away when I had little responsibilities over summer break, it was... bearable. Marginally. But now I'm in college and now I have to get a degree— and then I have to work Monday through Friday 9-5. For the rest of my life until I'm old and that is half a century away. Half a fucking century.

That's not even mentioning the fact that the world is going to fucking shit politically and environmentally. It's all so goddamned depressing.

But yeah. If I had no responsibilities and I can just rot in bed and scroll on my phone I'd be relatively happy. But I can't. So, I want to die since there's no way that I can't participate in society.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MyFinalProject, almaranthine, Snatsbats and 5 others
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Having to work 8h+commute/day for 40+ years is madness, looks like modern slavery.

• Aww..
Reactions: Hollowman, almaranthine, makethepainstop and 1 other person
apoptosis

apoptosis

rest easy in sleep eternal
Mar 25, 2022
Having to work 8h+commute/day for 40+ years is madness, looks like modern slavery.
Looking at the overarching trends it has gotten better, labor movements have worked in some respects. That's good for people who are mentally functional and happy even if it needs to get even less focused on productivity and more on, yk, the people.

But for people like us— who are mentally ill, neurodivergent... it's hell. And we are denigrated as lazy. It's disgusting.

Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Have you tried antidepressants? You are 100% suffering from clinical depression… I went through it myself… You should at least try antidepressants and getting some therapy which is probably available through your university… Might as well give it a chance before taking other measures…

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. It is a Herculean feat to study as well as manage poor mental health. i give you credit for trying. Do you think it is worth it to take time off to focus on mental health? I know you may not want to sacrifice time for that but health is paramount and ignoring or neglecting it is unsustainable.

Reactions: almaranthine and Shrike94
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That does sound awful and very tiring what you have to endure. I've always hated existence and see being brought into this world as being the worst thing possible. Life is such a terrible, tedious concept with unlimited potential for suffering. But I get that it can be horrible feeling trapped in a life that you hate.

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Failing out of college did a number on me psychologically, so I can really understand where you are coming from. I absolutely hated myself and become completely despondent after I dropped out. I was so angry that I wasted all of my high school years working extra hard to get college credits only for all that effort and earned scholarships to be trashed. However, you have not, unlike me, failed out yet. There is still hope for you. I'm not trying to sound like a pro-life drone here but if you so choose, there are plenty of options you can take to deal with this situation such as taking a health and wellness leave, petitioning to late drop the classes you are failing, taking an incomplete in classes, etc. I ran my gpa into the ground so badly that I legitimately don't think they'd even let me back into the uni... so anyways, yeah, just be mindful of that. Taking time off/postponing your degree=/= failing out.