D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Idk what awaits me after death. I haven't been a particularly great person during my 26 years here. I am really scared guys. I don't know.

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread, Kit1 and annxietty
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
If we're already in hell, how could it possibly get any worse? The bus is a one-way fare to nothingness.

Reactions: thewalkingdread and Worndown
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
If we're already in hell, how could it possibly get any worse? The bus is a one-way fare to nothingness.

idk, i have read a bunch of ndes and they say there is some form of an aferlife, although idk how credible they are

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
idk, i have read a bunch of ndes and they say there is some form of an aferlife, although idk how credible they are
I'll take my chances. I'm betting we just turn to dirt or ashes.

Reactions: thewalkingdread, Kit1 and SenseOfLoss
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Remember, the religous convention that will damn you if you ctb is the same religion that promises unconditional forgiveness when you die.
They also promise to comfort you in times of trouble. How comforted are you?

Reactions: Dorito, Kit1 and SenseOfLoss
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Remember, the religous convention that will damn you if you ctb is the same religion that promises unconditional forgiveness when you die.
They also promise to comfort you in times of trouble. How comforted are you?
not really comforted lol

Reactions: Kit1 and Worndown
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe death to just be nothingness, instead what I fear is this cruel and hellish existence. But anyway no matter what we all have to cease existing someday, death is inevitable, I wish you the best.

Reactions: Kit1
dangero

dangero

May 1, 2023
I believe that after death, there is a small probability that we will suffer greatly, but also a small probability that we will be exceptionally healthy, beautiful, and wealthy. I believe that if you are currently in hell, if you are suffering greatly, then death is a release, even if such a world I believe in exists, because there is a much greater likelihood that after death, you will have a successful life. Majority + Positive minority > Negative minority.

All religions, sects are fairy tales, rational thinking is either there is nothingness or a throw of the dice as I described above. Such thinking is hated by people who have succeeded in life, which is why they are more likely to believe in jesus, reincarnation, et.al. Especially since they often behave more morally than suffering people, who often have to steal or do other socially harmful things. No pretty, healthy, rich person who loves life would want her death to be a throw of the dice, because then she might lose a lot, lose the fate that favored her.

Humanity doesn't know anything about what will happen after death, we don't know it, and it's not worth seeking knowledge about it because you won't find it. For the living it will be a mystery forever. No belief is certain, but to claim that an invented fairy tale is as certain as a theory about a roll of the dice is very naive and foolish.
Someone might say that the throw of the dice is also made up. Only there is a big difference, it is a theory that is close to reality, it imposes itself on us immediately without inventing a fairy tale, it is rational, mathematically correct without resorting to magic.

Last edited:
Centraloze

Centraloze

Nov 25, 2023
Listened to and read a lot of NDE experiences as well. Whether or not it's just the result of electrical signals in the brain still firing, who knows. I may be in the minority but I believe consciousness continues.

Reactions: SenseOfLoss
annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
Its completely normal to be afraid of death since we dont know for certain what really is like, we are terrified of the unknown, Im also very afraid of dying and sometimes in the silence of the night I start panicking because I know I will someday die... and then during the day I think about killing myself at least once lol... we are very contradicting and thats "normal" ... You being a bad or good person is very relative, I personally dont believe in any religion, and I think once you die you are nothing and thats it, nothing more nothing less, you are nothing, doesnt matter if you are a bad person or a good one, we all die, and we all become nothing... You have to come to peace with a lot of stuff because we dont have any type of power to stop time or whatever you would wish to do, we are pretty powerless but (and Im being kinda hypocritical here because I cant follow my own advices lol) If you feel you are not a good person then change things, and if even changing things you still feel the same then you are broken and you need help or find a way out... Sorry for rambling I just really relate with your feeling, hope you find peace.