N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020
and it's stupid bc i have no evidence in either direction: what if you restart your own life again after you die? or what if reincarnation is real? i would rather keep living this shit. i wanna die but only if i know it's all black and nothing after i do. can anyone put my mind at ease with some logic? (or opinion)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, painoflife and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If you had the chance to restart your life with your current memories, wouldn't that be awesome? You could fix many past mistakes and make the right decisions. At least that would be epic for me.

The thing is, if we don't remember anything from this life and reincarnate in another body or simply restart everything, we won't realize. I think that would be ridiculous.

I bet there's either eternal nothingness or some afterlife in which we remember our past lives.

Reactions: IHaveNoName, nothingchanges, ashedout and 1 other person
gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
Looking at the way my life has turned out, I would welcome something like reincarnation. From the way I see it, it would kind of be like restarting a video game. Sure it could be worse, but I feel like the chance of things being better is greater.

Reactions: bluesrock and x~Sophia~x
painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
If you had the chance to restart your life with your current memories, wouldn't that be awesome?
Nothing could sound worse to me, some memories just shouldn't exist.
I do understand what you mean though but it would be a double edged sword for me

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Nothing could sound worse to me, some memories just shouldn't exist.
I do understand what you mean though but it would be a double edged sword for me

Well, you have a good point there.
I have some memories I wish I could forget but at the same time, I would like to experience those situations and make different decisions.

Damn, what a dilemma lol.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and painoflife
Gonjoolie

Gonjoolie

Student
Feb 5, 2021
What if whatever is after death is what you believed to be after death when you alive? For instance, I believe there's nothing after death. Just nothing. Someone who believes in the Christian god would go to Heaven, someone who believes in reincarnation would be reincarnated. That sounds pretty cool.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, x~Sophia~x, Pony and 2 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@nothingchanges very similar to your username, nothing changes when you die. The atoms in your body go on like nothing is different. They will go on for ever, or at the very least 1.67×10^34 years. But I wouldn't worry about consciousness or reincarnation or anything like that. You will simply become part of the universe, part of something much much bigger than you will ever be in life.

Reactions: bluesrock, x~Sophia~x, weepingfree and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
What if whatever is after death is what you believed to be after death when you alive? For instance, I believe there's nothing after death. Just nothing. Someone who believes in the Christian god would go to Heaven, someone who believes in reincarnation would be reincarnated. That sounds pretty cool.

If it's eternal nothingness, we'll be okay because we'll never realize we're actually dead.
Sure, I like some religions and their theories. Although most of them sound as scam, the hell's theory especially. If there's one, we're already living in it.

gus.nixon

gus.nixon

Apr 19, 2020
Just my opinion, but the concept of "hell" is the stupidest thing. I don't worry about that at all.

Reactions: TobyPadres, RedHarlequin, weepingfree and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Just my opinion, but the concept of "hell" is the stupidest thing. I don't worry about that at all.

Me neither, fortunately.
However, some people are really scared of it. I wish I could help them but it's really difficult to stop being a "believer".
I remember my "catholic days". I was afraid of going to hell because of the bugs I had killed lol

• Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and x~Sophia~x
gus.nixon

gus.nixon

Apr 19, 2020
Me neither, fortunately.
However, some people are really scared of it. I wish I could help them but it's really difficult to stop being a "believer".
I remember my "catholic days". I was afraid of going to hell because of the bugs I had killed lol
Haha yeah I know what you mean. I grew up Catholic too and that can really mess with a person's head. To me, the concept of hell contradicts the idea of a totally loving God.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, x~Sophia~x and WornOutLife
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Oh, I like the sound of that...!!! :hihi:
I suddenly believe that after death, we have a life of total luxury, where anything we want will suddenly appear in front of us - no need to work because robots do all that, no such things as obesity, ugly, rich/poor, unhealthy, illness, sadness, cruelty mental illness, death, etc., - we're all equal, and we all live forever. :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Gonjoolie and gus.nixon
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I believe in reincarnation. I've had multiple past lives. I don't believe how you were in this life effects (affects) the next one. It's just a clean slate. Or I would be in an even worse spot this time around.

Reactions: nothingchanges
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Aww no, I hope not. I just wanna sleep forever! :ehh:
I don't know who decides who gets to return and when or I would see the same people over and over again. Obviously not everyone has come back. Do to my warped sense of religion I don't believe in hell

it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
I suddenly believe that after death, we have a life of total luxury, where anything we want will suddenly appear in front of us - no need to work because robots do all that, no such things as obesity, ugly, rich/poor, unhealthy, illness, sadness, cruelty mental illness, death, etc., - we're all equal, and we all live forever. :pfff:

I wish! That would be awesome ;) Everyone could get a chance at a better life.

• Love
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I don't know who decides who gets to return and when or I would see the same people over and over again. Obviously not everyone has come back. Do to my warped sense of religion I don't believe in hell
You remember your past lives? :O

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
The first scenario would require a solipsism to be true, but I think it's safe to say that it's not. And if reincarnation is real then we wouldn't know anyway so there's no reason to worry about it.

Reactions: nothingchanges and x~Sophia~x
D

D0wn4nd0ut

Feb 11, 2021
A lot of people say deja vu is one of three different things..

1. It's either someone remembering something the happened in a past life, which could mean reincarnation if that's the case..

2. It could be that we live in a simulation, which would mean someone is controlling what we go through, whether it be one entity or multiple..

3. A parallel universe that is lining up exactly at that point in time.. and if that's the case or death would just be nothingness in this universe, we just disappear as normal, people go on without us..

But with parallel universes, what if when we die in this one, we jump to another.. which would almost be like reincarnation too in a way

Reactions: nothingchanges and x~Sophia~x
win32

win32

I did it for me.
Mar 26, 2020
The first scenario would require a solipsism to be true, but I think it's safe to say that it's not. And if reincarnation is real then we wouldn't know anyway so there's no reason to worry about it.
All the first scenario would require is that, at some point in time, the big bang or whatever caused this universe to exist, repeats.

If at any point, even 1^1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years in the future, this universe comes into existence again the same way it came into existence this time, you would be living a loop of your current life over and over again.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
This holds me up as well. I've had at least 11 past lives, many of them brief and very negative. I'm afraid of re-incarnating into another traumatic life