• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SunflowerBrains

SunflowerBrains

May 7, 2023
My tub is almost 2 feet deep. Planning to measure more carefully in a few hours, then going to OD on alcohol and Melatonin. Any reasons why I shouldn't/should do this?

• Hugs
Reactions: chop and Sannti
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
My tub is almost 2 feet deep. Planning to measure more carefully in a few hours, then going to OD on alcohol and Melatonin. Any reasons why I shouldn't/should do this?
Incidentally, today or yesterday is the anniversary of Jim Morrison's death, though it remains an eternal mystery whether he actually died in the bath, and I'm almost certain that no one thinks he drowned.

nadia225

nadia225

journey to reach the light
Aug 18, 2023
Well realistically speaking I hope you considered all possible variables that could be detrimental to this being a effective way. I can tell you that going into a bathtub will cause sI because of the discomfort so you have to go in with a certain mindset/method(i.e blackout and go underwater or go underwater inhaling water without holding breath and allow you lugs to just fill up) but I do have to say I hope you don't have family because a bathroom death could cause spasms and you don't want anybody to find you because if they do and you aren't brain dead yet it could cause cognitive impairment. I would consider making sure you bathtub plan is about 90% fool proof if that is the route you want to go. It's all about what is convenient for you.

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
I have tried this, harder than you think. You have to be extremely sedated (as in passed out) once you go under the water. Even then you will flip around and kick out (i cut my ankle open) ……so I've learned you need to use tie wrap to hold your wrists and ankles . Then possibly something else around your neck or on your back to weigh you down.

Also, kneeling down face forward was more comfortable, as on your back the water fills your nose and you automatically choke/cough.

I feel a large clear water lake or a large hot tub works better than a bath, as they are very uncomfortable as well.

Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
For healthy adults, drowning in the bathtub is virtually impossible. The survival instinct kicks in, so you keep your head above water.
The situation is different, however, if you abuse medication or drugs. Then there is a risk of losing consciousness, which can be fatal in the bathtub.
Heavily intoxicated people can drown in the bathtub because they fall asleep or pass out in the tub. The body sinks down, breathing starts and the person breathes water into the lungs. Also in certain diseases, just unattended epileptics are at risk.
Someone who can hyperventilate can also drown themselves in a bathtub.
The bathtub only needs to be large enough so that the body remains submerged when unconscious.

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
SWB can work, but obviously heading off to the river and jumping in with heavy weights works much better.

chop

chop

Admіnіstrator
Aug 17, 2023
i wouldn't suggest drowning method since would most likely result in SI, Alcohol and melatonin are also okay ideas but there's a chance your body could reject them and force you to vomit them out if not done correctly, please make sure you do your research though and make sure you plan out the bathtub method if you really do want to do that, I wish you the best of luck.

DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I've been thinking about taking some NyQuil in the bath tub and hoping to slip under the water and die when I fall asleep. I haven't tried yet. Seems like my chances of it working are low. I'll probably wake up. But there's definitely a chance it'll work.
Best of luck to you.

SunflowerBrains

SunflowerBrains

May 7, 2023
Update: I attempted that week but survived, unfortunately. I thrashed around too much in the tub even though I was unconscious. I feel like I've tried everything by now. I'm so tired.

• Aww..
Reactions: Kerrtu, USER80709 and vanadium23
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

I'm just wondering... Were you face down or face up in the tub?

Last edited:
U

USER80709

Apr 30, 2023
Update: I attempted that week but survived, unfortunately. I thrashed around too much in the tub even though I was unconscious. I feel like I've tried everything by now. I'm so tired.
Even unconscious our instinct acts, this sucks. All to make it difficult for us to die.

Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Damn. The 2' deep tub sounded feasible but reading through the comments, I can see how difficult it would be unless you were heavily sedated/unconscious. Even then…well, as OP says, it didn't end up working 😰

I remember an episode of Forensic Files where a married couple were staying at a hotel and the husband killed the wife in the bathtub, staged it to look like she had tried to grab the towel ring and the ring dismounted, causing her to fall into the tub and essentially drown.

Investigators were curious how a petite woman would've have had the strength to rip the towel ring from the wall and they tested towel rings in other hotel rooms using much more weight. All in all, the reality was the husband had held her down under the water and killed her. Motive: Insurance money. He was going to try and sue the hotel, etc.

Reactions: John Ryder