Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
To preface this, I'm not generally an angry person. Before the following happened, I had been trying to be an understanding, friendly kind of a guy.

I spent most of my previous life fighting with a serious mental disease. I would not describe how utterly painful that was, but I was able to get cured and start living a life for the first time ever. I was able to get a job, education, friends and hobbies, which was deemed impossible for me. However, gradually I started to experiencing more and more back pain, until I was diagnosed with Scheuermann's disease. This disease took everything from me once again. Chronic physical pain crushed all my hopes for a life again.

As I found out through investigation, I was examined for my back pain twice when I was a child. At the time, it was still curable. Nevertheless, I was misdiagnosed by both doctors. I went through an usual route of hospital complaint > regional directorate complaint > public rights defender. Plus I've written many reviews on the Internet, describing how they ruined my life. Also, I found out that my parents were instructed to take me for another check-up but they didn't. They thought it was nothing and I was just basically exaggerating.

Do any of them care now? Not at all. Doctors only care about not being sued. They received instructions from hospital lawyers on what exactly to say. They even threatened me to take down the reviews, which I obviously ignored. Regional directorate has also a conflict of interest and is biased in their favor. Only public rights defender is truly impartial, but they cannot do much too. My father, a carrier of this gene, does not care at all. Only my mother does, but she cannot do anything now. It's over.

Most of the time revenge consumes my mind. How is it possible that the life I had to suffer for so much, is now gone forever again? I sometimes dream of dressing as a delivery guy and paying a visit to these doctors. How would they feel, if instead of receiving a package they would get stabbed right in their fu**ing chest? I would kill myself right after that. Happily, knowing that the justice has been served, irregardless of the ridiculous complaint system. That would teach them to be lazy, arrogant pieces of s*it.

Doctors are supposed to be caring and thoroug. If they're not, they should go do something where they cannot harm anyone. I have zero respect for them. They complain about too much work and low wages? They need twice as much work, their salary cut in half and no legal protection. Until they finally commit to their job. Ridiculous charlatans. The only hope of getting diagnosed correctly is when you have a textbook presentation of a very common disease. If you have an atypical presentation or a rare disease, you're screwed, no one will spend any time on your case.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ForbiddenSiren, chronicphysicalpain, Shrike94 and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really is such a cruel and unfair life. I understand why you would be angry. I'm sorry that you have to endure so much suffering. I think that it's awful how our bodies can torture us in so many ways. Best wishes.

Reactions: Cryptonite
Finding Sirius

Finding Sirius

The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows
Aug 16, 2022
Yep, I have no respect for the so called "medical profession". They are nothing but glorified murderers and quacks. I am so happy to see that many people around the globe now share this sentiment. The whole system needs to be torn down and rebuilt with people who actually care. Not narcissists looking to feed their over inflated egos.

• Love
Reactions: Shrike94, lionetta12 and Cryptonite
S

Shrike94

Jul 7, 2022
The only hope of getting diagnosed correctly is when you have a textbook presentation of a very common disease. If you have an atypical presentation or a rare disease, you're screwed, no one will spend any time on your case.
Exactly. A doctor I saw actaully said so in almost those words. He checked all the common things, and he said if it's something else then there is nothing they can do because they haven't seen anything like it before. No problem solving, or logical working through symptoms etc... No consulting other professionals for opinions or anything. I tell doctors exactly what happened to me and they say no you're wrong. I also had blood test results where a certain peramater was double the maximum of the normal range. Was not notified of the result.

Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
Exactly. A doctor I saw actaully said so in almost those words. He checked all the common things, and he said if it's something else then there is nothing they can do because they haven't seen anything like it before. No problem solving, or logical working through symptoms etc... No consulting other professionals for opinions or anything. I tell doctors exactly what happened to me and they say no you're wrong. I also had blood test results where a certain peramater was double the maximum of the normal range. Was not notified of the result.
What are the symptoms of the disease? Is it painful or not?

You've just described the most typical doctor ever.

Reactions: Shrike94 and chronicphysicalpain
C

chronicphysicalpain

Jun 28, 2021
I can relate a lot to your story. I had deep, deep social anxiety for many years and by the time things were starting to work slowly, the dormant lesions in my neck started shouting in crazy pain. Doctors checked as a teenager and as an adult were all horrible and some even worsened the condition -doctors are a shit outside stereotypically common issues-.

Also, my neck was fixable as a baby -it's the standard procedure in 99.9% of cases like mine-, but the doctor and my parents wouldn't give a fuck, so sometimes I wonder if I was American if I'd say my goodbye in a different manner, such is my wrath...

So yes, I can relate a lot to what you feel...

H

Hope:-)

Enlightened
Jul 3, 2022
I have been and am in a similar situation in terms of what happened to me. I don't feel vengeful, but I do feel so sad about it . Wishing you the best x

• Hugs
Reactions: chronicphysicalpain
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
I can relate a lot to your story. I had deep, deep social anxiety for many years and by the time things were starting to work slowly, the dormant lesions in my neck started shouting in crazy pain. Doctors checked as a teenager and as an adult were all horrible and some even worsened the condition -doctors are a shit outside stereotypically common issues-.

Also, my neck was fixable as a baby -it's the standard procedure in 99.9% of cases like mine-, but the doctor and my parents wouldn't give a fuck, so sometimes I wonder if I was American if I'd say my goodbye in a different manner, such is my wrath...

So yes, I can relate a lot to what you feel...
I feel you bro. If it was legal, I'd be in. Or the best thing for them would be to have exactly the same condition. I would just open their back, rupture all their spinal discs and say, hey, stop complaining and go on about your life. Or you could give them some lesions, if possible. Have fun, quacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: chronicphysicalpain
S

Shrike94

Jul 7, 2022
I have amnesia and cognitive dysfunction, no pain

ForbiddenSiren

ForbiddenSiren

Dec 16, 2019
Im sorry you have been through all of that. People are shit, I understand the rage, I feel similar myself.