Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Well, today I was on the verge of a crisis for the fact that a neighbor asked me a destructive criticity because I am a person that only works 3 days a week since with that I have enough to cover my expenses (I am a teacher of programming now ), I am somewhat sensitive to criticism.

I discovered that in the country where I am now, and in several that are around, the men who stay at home are considered a scum, so for most people, the exemplary lifestyle is a life where everything rotates Around work.

Wait! This is not normal, it is not normal for your life to be just working, even, I prefer flexible jobs, and they have always criticized me for that. Even my family hopes that it mounts a company or makes me a billionaire, it is funny because for a disabled person and mental illness is quite difficult. I even went from my country because I did not want to work for a miserable salary, just let me live as it with my animey video games, I do not tolerate this society.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: insanedoomer, Seiba, chocolatebar and 9 others
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
It sounds like your work schedule works very well for you. Congratulations. You understand your limitations and have planned accordingly.

I'm shocked that anyone would have a problem with this.

It sounds like the people around you do not understand - at all - how hard it is for someone with a mental illness to hold down job.

You're not a member of Sanctioned Suicide and thinking about ending your life because family and neighbors think you should be working throughout the week are you?

I know you said you struggle with a mental illness, which is very painful - is the thought that others think less of you because of your work schedule triggering suicidal thoughts?

You may have to limit or cut off communication with those who criticize you because you have come up with a work schedule that suits you. I wish I could do the same.

I'm sorry that you're being treated this way.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, weepingfree and Lostandlooking
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
It sounds like your work schedule works very well for you. Congratulations. You understand your limitations and have planned accordingly.

I'm shocked that anyone would have a problem with this.

It sounds like the people around you do not understand - at all - how hard it is for someone with a mental illness to hold down job.

You're not a member of Sanctioned Suicide and thinking about ending your life because family and neighbors think you should be working throughout the week are you?

I know you said you struggle with a mental illness, which is very painful - is the thought that others think less of you because of your work schedule triggering suicidal thoughts?

You may have to limit or cut off communication with those who criticize you because you have come up with a work schedule that suits you. I wish I could do the same.

I'm sorry that you're being treated this way.
My CTB intentions is due more than everything because of the impossibility of finding mental peace and not tolerate the fact that I am unable to make a significant change to help myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: weepingfree and Lostandlooking
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
My CTB intentions is due more than everything because of the impossibility of finding mental peace and not tolerate the fact that I am unable to make a significant change to help myself.
I'm so sorry my friend. You're a talented, intelligent person but I know that talent and intelligence does not cure the pain and torment of mental illness.

I'm so sorry.

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I would love to be skilled enough to teach something that could earn me a living working 3 days a week! If you have the skill and there's a demand for it, you decide how much you want to work. You've earned that privilege! If those people think you should be obliged to work 5 days a week to make them feel better why stop there, maybe you should work where they work too and then they will be happy. Idiots!

People have some strange reactions to people being home during the day. They assume that you don't work, which if true, is none of their business really. When I worked nights in a factory, I had just arrived home in the morning and was getting cleaned up and about to go to bed when there was a knock on the door. It was someone delivering a package but they had almost immediately walked away after knocking. I opened the door and shouted politely "I'm in! Sorry, I couldn't get to the door that quick". He stopped, slumped and turned round with an annoyed expression and stomped back to the door and thrust a package out at me. I decided to be polite and just said "thanks I appreciate it!" . He replied "Yeah well some of us work for a living!". So I said "Yeah I know, some of us work nights too". He went bright red and quickly left.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Alwaysbadtime, Judah and 1 other person
I

ihatemylife

Student
Jul 14, 2021
I would love to be skilled enough to teach something that could earn me a living working 3 days a week! If you have the skill and there's a demand for it, you decide how much you want to work. You've earned that privilege! If those people think you should be obliged to work 5 days a week to make them feel better why stop there, maybe you should work where they work too and then they will be happy. Idiots!

People have some strange reactions to people being home during the day. They assume that you don't work, which if true, is none of their business really. When I worked nights in a factory, I had just arrived home in the morning and was getting cleaned up and about to go to bed when there was a knock on the door. It was someone delivering a package but they had almost immediately walked away after knocking. I opened the door and shouted politely "I'm in! Sorry, I couldn't get to the door that quick". He stopped, slumped and turned round with an annoyed expression and stomped back to the door and thrust a package out at me. I decided to be polite and just said "thanks I appreciate it!" . He replied "Yeah well some of us work for a living!". So I said "Yeah I know, some of us work nights too". He went bright red and quickly left.
There are way too many pea brains out there that think everyone's life is exactly like theirs. Moron.

• Love
Reactions: insanedoomer and Judah