GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
There's no cure for the common cold, right? It's a virus, we ride it out until its run its course.

COVID-19 and the common cold are both coronaviruses, correct?

How are they going to come up with a vaccine for COVID-19 but never did for the common cold? What am I missing here?

Reactions: FusRohDracarys
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
I think the gist of it is that the common cold evolves too quickly to have a vaccine against. By the time it gets distributed, there's a dozen other strains. Covid mutates more slowly so you'll need a vaccine for every strain, similarly to the flu, but there will be time between mutations to develop it. But I'm not a medical person either so take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, faraway_beach, Epsilon0 and 1 other person
RockBot

RockBot

A Mole Sitting in a Hole
Jun 6, 2020
People think bio science is far more advanced than it actually is, and I think that has lead to some confusion as to why it's 'taking so long' to get a vaccine. @FusRohDracarys is also right. Vaccines are always being developed for viruses such as flu but there are many strains about at the same time. The other problem with Covid 19 is the 'Novel' bit to the virus. This is what is giving scientific researchers such a headache. Scientists don't know exactly how it is attacking the body. It's a very complex thing to understand and this Covid is playing havoc in very different ways. The challenge is to find the pathways in the body that are being affected the most. Turns out that it is actually linked to a number of symptoms not commonly associated with viruses such as blood clots, skin conditions and inflammation related diseases. This is why diabetics are suffering more than others. Their bodies are already weak and unable to fight the virus like others can can. The virus is taking advantage of metabolic pathways, and is taking out organs that are already weak or unable to respond. Essentially scientists are shitting themselves. Fortunately there are ways to limit how Covid attacks the body. Unfortunately Governments are not listening to bodies not linked to pharmaceutical companies. And there's the rub. Short sightedness means hundreds of ways to save people's lives are being ignored.

• Wow
Reactions: Shakespear's Brother
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
First off, I am just a random idiot on the internet, NOT a doctor.

One of the better theories right now is the following, overly summarized.

SARS-CoV-2 infects a cell using the ACE2 receptor. This impairs the receptor and in turn ACE2 is unable to convert AT-II to AT-1,7. AT-II creates Superoxide, oxidative stress, while AT-1,7 inhibits it. Also, COVID-19 creates PWMs which also creates superoxides. The extra oxidative stress causes endothelial cell dysfunction. The end result is an increase in VWF (von Willebrand Factor) and that in turn leads to thrombosis.

There are many reasons why we don't develop an immunity to various viruses. Ranging from mutations and quality of antibodies produced to not stressing our immune system enough and many things in between. Just like some immunities last a lifetime while others require shots every ten years, like tetanus. The immune system is highly complex and there are different stages and defenses at play.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I don't know but I'll say one thing, the current state of biology is not sophisticated at all compared to the other natural sciences. The most sophisticated ones are chemistry, mathematical and logical sciences. People won't admit they are a "biological phenomenon" and how viruses targeting them is a biological process which then has its roots with biochemistry -> chemistry -> physics -> math -> logic. A big part of why this shit happens because humans continue their silly retarded games and shit shows like politics while still stealing each other resources with the stupid system of man made economy. The virus doesn't know anything about the human shit, it will attack and continue to develop. More viruses could possibly appear also. What should humans do? Continue with their ass politics or develop themselves scientifically to face the real dangers of life and how are we miserable species living in a brutal machines and our only shield is science and true knowledge, not politics or anything else that distracts others and actually meaningless. Its the time for humans to change and if they miss this point, they'll continue their shitty process forever. Either be pro-choice and accept the scientific reality of life or be a dumb species that repeats the loop of suffering.
Sorry if this has nothing to do about the topic. I think the virus is a real threat and probably could mutate and change and that would make it an endless loop just like other common cold viruses. However, its still not a high ratio of spread and infections, the common cold has other group of viruses and not only coronaviruses which means Covid-19 has lower mutation comparatively. Its like an endless wack-a-mole game but the Covid one currently is not as fast as the common cold. But people shouldn't underestimate the dangers of the common cold or Covid-19. Covid-19 does actually damages the body and it could possibly be on the same tier as other common cold viruses in terms of impossiblity to prevent if the mutation became faster.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've kept up briefly on news in regards to the development of the vaccine and it looks like there are some that are in Phase 2 maybe 3 of development. I can't predict the future, but I'd imagine around sometime 2021 there would be a vaccine based on the pace they are going by currently.
I don't know but I'll say one thing, the current state of biology is not sophisticated at all compared to the other natural sciences. The most sophisticated ones are chemistry, mathematical and logical sciences. People won't admit they are a "biological phenomenon" and how viruses targeting them is a biological process which then has its roots with biochemistry -> chemistry -> physics -> math -> logic. A big part of why this shit happens because humans continue their silly retarded games and shit shows like politics while still stealing each other resources with the stupid system of man made economy. The virus doesn't know anything about the human shit, it will attack and continue to develop. More viruses could possibly appear also. What should humans do? Continue with their ass politics or develop themselves scientifically to face the real dangers of life and how are we miserable species living in a brutal machines and our only shield is science and true knowledge, not politics or anything else that distracts others and actually meaningless. Its the time for humans to change and if they miss this point, they'll continue their shitty process forever. Either be pro-choice and accept the scientific reality of life or be a dumb species that repeats the loop of suffering.
Sorry if this has nothing to do about the topic. I think the virus is a real threat and probably could mutate and change and that would make it an endless loop just like other common cold viruses. However, its still not a high ratio of spread and infections, the common cold has other group of viruses and not only coronaviruses which means Covid-19 has lower mutation comparatively. Its like an endless wack-a-mole game but the Covid one currently is not as fast as the common cold. But people shouldn't underestimate the dangers of the common cold or Covid-19. Covid-19 does actually damages the body and it could possibly be on the same tier as other common cold viruses in terms of impossiblity to prevent if the mutation became faster.
Great post and I do agree with you that even during this pandemic there are still humans who use it for their own gain.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
There's no cure for the common cold, right? It's a virus, we ride it out until its run its course.

COVID-19 and the common cold are both coronaviruses, correct?

How are they going to come up with a vaccine for COVID-19 but never did for the common cold? What am I missing here?
You understand this is a fraud correct? I mean it. This was a hoax. The goals of it are depopulation, smart cities, one world government, and to rollout martial law. The vaccine is a fraud. It contains poison and possibly microchip. Many will die from the poison in the vaccines. If u reject it they will likely execute u. When they send the military door to door to give fake test and it will show a fake result that u have it even if u don't. This is how they will trick the population into accepting it. The vaccine contains mercury, aborted baby tissue, animal dna, formaldehyde, and many other bad things. You can refuse it but they will likely kill u because all this is about getting full domination over the people so u will never again be able to have any control over your own life. You will be permanently a slave of the ruling class. They will decide your whole life for u. It will be really terrible. Most whites will be killed off especially because the ruling class hates the high iq's of white people and that's why they want to eliminate us entirely. Not all whites are high iq but we carry certain traits that make us a threat to the ruling class. The people who wish to rule over everyone are Jews from my understanding of everything that I've read. Jews can look white but they are not white. Not all Jews are bad but the ones trying to roll out this world domination are evil.

Last edited: