dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
I have tried soooooooo hard to manage my unmanageable life. I think I may actually have gone insane in doing so. The facade is crumbling.

As some of you know, I have wanted to go out looking like I died accidentally as to not hurt my daughter in such a way & I failed a very serious (& close) attempt a couple of weeks ago via hypercapnia while she was in the care of another. I am a single parent (for her whole life) & she is done with my bullshit. I used to be a good mom & then everything came crashing down. Tonight, she told me that she wants to be adopted. She doesn't deserve a shell of a parent, but I don't know how to remedy that. Fuck me- I swear I've tried everything, for her & myself... but mainly for her.

I have failed so hard, fam. I never wanted to be the parent who offed themself. It's like a nightmare become reality. I can only gather that I must be terribly mentally ill to make such a choice. I doubt she'll ever forgive me if she knows I chose to leave, but I'm afraid I've reached the "at any cost" point. I just fuck her up more & more. I am a bedridden mess & I shouldn't even be alive to begin with. Hanging has always been my preferred method due to the comfort of strangling as self harm. So, maybe this is goodbye because I've fucking cracked.
& Before any asshole jumps in here, talking about shit they know nothing about... I just want you to know that nasty/pro-life comments won't change anything. I love my daughter, she will be more than loved & cared for, & I've tried everything I know. I literally feel like my entire existence is atrophied, my mental state has been in rapid decline for months, & it's not your place to demand that I stay alive. & If your intent would be to hurt me even more than I already am over this, good luck.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Lotharius, MellowAvenue, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 22 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I am just going to send you a hug (NO pro life stuff / lectures) and say its clear you are a loving mother and you did try your best. I'm sorry its got this bad. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, ronigail9, Silvermorning and 4 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
I am just going to send you a hug (NO pro life stuff / lectures) and say its clear you are a loving mother and you did try your best. I'm sorry its got this bad. :hug:
Thank you so much. I don't know if you could have any idea how much this means to me. My life makes no sense, how things could ever get to this point.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LittleJem, BLUE1970, Silvermorning and 4 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I can understand it must be overwhelming.
(Don't worry this ISN'T going to turn into a pro life lecture .I respect your feelings and choices)
People sometimes say things they don't mean and we often hurt the most the ones we love the most. We lash out and don't think. Frustration and anger gets the better of us.
Despite the harsh words I'm sure she knows you love her. And she loves you too I'm sure.
Life can be horribly unfair. We get lost. We make mistakes. Or life just hurts us. That's why most of us are here sadly.
You said you did your best. I believe sincerely you did. That's all you can do.
I'm just sorry its come to this for you.
Take care.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: shadowchaser, dropdeadfred and x~Sophia~x
lonelymountaingirl

lonelymountaingirl

just passing through
Oct 21, 2020
I am saddened to read you're in this place but absolutely understand feeling so gone that ctb is the only solution.

Do take care.

Be seeing you.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, dropdeadfred and x~Sophia~x
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
As a single mother myself, I just want to say, I understand. You are NOT alone with these feelings. You are not a terrible person or mother for having these feelings. Breathe, love. I'm sending you all the hugs I possibly can because I understand this horrible constantly torn battle you have to go through each day because I also do.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, dropdeadfred and x~Sophia~x
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Honey, it is not my place to patronize you for your choices. In an ideal world, parents wouldn't CTB. However, this world is not ideal. I really believe that, but again, it is not my place to comment. It is not your fault that life has been cruel. I do not know the pain you've gone through, so if that makes you be at peace then just make sure that is the choice you are the most comfortable with.

• Love
Reactions: dropdeadfred, x~Sophia~x and Panna
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Sending you hugs. I hope you find peace in whatever you choose.

• Love
Reactions: dropdeadfred
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't know if your daughter knows about your recent attempt, but I hope you'll leave something that tells her that her words didn't cause this attempt if you do so, and that she won't be on the premises.

This is so sad and I'm genuinely, compassionately sorry you're going through this. I wish I had the ability to fix everything for you. If you can keep going and want to, I hope you get all the support you need. If you can't, I wish you a peaceful passing and that your daughter has the best support and the most gentle recovery.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, dropdeadfred, cii and 1 other person
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
-hugs- Whatever you have to do, I hope you find the peace you're searching for.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Ghost2211 and dropdeadfred
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
:heart::heart:Most incredible community in the world. Thank you all so much. If I decide to go, I will be as mindful as possible concerning all involved, especially of the poor kid who had nothing to do with my decision. Life is ultimately so unfair.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Silvermorning, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
iftheworldwasending

iftheworldwasending

My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoice.
Sep 26, 2020
i'm sending you all my love and thoughts. having a parent who was absolutely horrendous to me, i can tell you just by reading what you've said, you've been an incredible parent. you care and that's what truly matters. i would have killed to have someone like you in my life growing up, and they will absolutely see that one day.
here if you need someone to talk to in the remaining moments. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Silvermorning and dropdeadfred
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
i'm sending you all my love and thoughts. having a parent who was absolutely horrendous to me, i can tell you just by reading what you've said, you've been an incredible parent. you care and that's what truly matters. i would have killed to have someone like you in my life growing up, and they will absolutely see that one day.
here if you need someone to talk to in the remaining moments. :heart:
& Yet, you defied the odds of your situation & kept your beautiful heart. Amazing. Thank you so much. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem and iftheworldwasending
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
Perfection and happiness are mainly a facade in our case. I'm so sorry that you feel hopeless. It's very clear how much you love her and that you've tried extremely hard dear. May I suggest you leave something for her letting her know this? Assure her that any choice you've made regarding this choice was not a reflection of your love for her, express to her it's impossible to accurately relate how dear she is to you. Also that none of this is her fault or a result of anything she has done. Fighting as hard as you have, as long as you have should accurately portray to her your struggle to overcome and how important and meaningful she is to you. I'm sure that she can recognize the struggle, as just reading your post I can hear the pain, despair, and regret in feeling you may have to move forward. She will always love you. No matter where you go from here, we love you! I hope your heart finds peace and mind finds rest, love. Sending the largest, warmest, tightest of hugs, bundles of positivity, and all my love. Xoxo

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, dropdeadfred and Silvermorning
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
Perfection and happiness are mainly a facade in our case. I'm so sorry that you feel hopeless. It's very clear how much you love her and that you've tried extremely hard dear. May I suggest you leave something for her letting her know this? Assure her that any choice you've made regarding this choice was not a reflection of your love for her, express to her it's impossible to accurately relate how dear she is to you. Also that none of this is her fault or a result of anything she has done. Fighting as hard as you have, as long as you have should accurately portray to her your struggle to overcome and how important and meaningful she is to you. I'm sure that she can recognize the struggle, as just reading your post I can hear the pain, despair, and regret in feeling you may have to move forward. She will always love you. No matter where you go from here, we love you! I hope your heart finds peace and mind finds rest, love. Sending the largest, warmest, tightest of hugs, bundles of positivity, and all my love. Xoxo
If I had tears to cry, I so would right now. :heart: You are very wise. It is a big goal of mine that I do try to help her recognize her worth to me & how it was never her fault that I fell apart. Thank you for the emphasis on that as well.:hug: I love you guys too!

• Love
Reactions: TattiQueen and Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Good luck, friend
I acknowledge the title was surprising since you seem to be rational... aren't you?
Peace

• Love
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
Good luck, friend
I acknowledge the title was surprising since you seem to be rational... aren't you?
Peace
Thank you. :happy: That was a major freak out. I've collected myself more now & am considering other options. The weight was all too heavy last night. I really don't want to leave my child behind like this.
You all are amazing.
Edit: Unless I go "insane" again, I have decided to go with SN, as I don't want her to envision my body hanging for the rest of her life, when my time comes.

I just want to say "thank you" to a specific member for the ignorant, rude PM. I was not surprised, as I've seen this person making crass comments on other threads recently. You've been reported, son.

Last edited:
Reactions: greebo6 and Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Thank you. :happy: That was a major freak out. I've collected myself more now & am considering other options. The weight was all too heavy last night. I really don't want to leave my child behind like this.
You all are amazing.
That's amazing Fred. We're glad you're still with us.

• Love
L

lifesucksxoxo

Nov 3, 2020
I have tried soooooooo hard to manage my unmanageable life. I think I may actually have gone insane in doing so. The facade is crumbling.

As some of you know, I have wanted to go out looking like I died accidentally as to not hurt my daughter in such a way & I failed a very serious (& close) attempt a couple of weeks ago via hypercapnia while she was in the care of another. I am a single parent (for her whole life) & she is done with my bullshit. I used to be a good mom & then everything came crashing down. Tonight, she told me that she wants to be adopted. She doesn't deserve a shell of a parent, but I don't know how to remedy that. Fuck me- I swear I've tried everything, for her & myself... but mainly for her.

I have failed so hard, fam. I never wanted to be the parent who offed themself. It's like a nightmare become reality. I can only gather that I must be terribly mentally ill to make such a choice. I doubt she'll ever forgive me if she knows I chose to leave, but I'm afraid I've reached the "at any cost" point. I just fuck her up more & more. I am a bedridden mess & I shouldn't even be alive to begin with. Hanging has always been my preferred method due to the comfort of strangling as self harm. So, maybe this is goodbye because I've fucking cracked.
& Before any asshole jumps in here, talking about shit they know nothing about... I just want you to know that nasty/pro-life comments won't change anything. I love my daughter, she will be more than loved & cared for, & I've tried everything I know. I literally feel like my entire existence is atrophied, my mental state has been in rapid decline for months, & it's not your place to demand that I stay alive. & If your intent would be to hurt me even more than I already am over this, good luck.
Why not get SN

dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
Why not get SN
I actually just ordered it for when the time comes, just to have it. It seems like a necessary bottle to have in the cabinet no matter what happens, you know? & It's a much better vision of me than anything else for my daughter & hopefully, relatively peaceful once I get my hands on some benzos. Otherwise, my anxiety will sabotage it.