marooned123

marooned123

Jul 2, 2023
I've decided on my method. I have plenty of propranolol, amitriptyline, etc. to stop my heart. I'll eat a small meal and take an antiemetic to keep from throwing up. I'll take the doses a little at a time. I'll have a double trash bag ready for when I'm almost asleep. I have a buckled strap with Velcro that I got just for this, when I think I'm close to passing out, I'll fasten it securely around my neck. It won't need to be tight, just enough to deprive me of oxygen. I have a tarp for the floor so I won't ruin anything after I pass. I'll just fall asleep and never wake up. I'll make arrangements for my ESA to be taken care of. I'll have messages and/or emails pre-written and scheduled for the next day so the police can find me and my family won't have to. I'm just scared as hell. Damn SI. I'm such a chicken. I thought about getting a partner but I don't trust anyone anymore anyway plus I don't want to be responsible for someone else's death. Only question is, the thoughts are always there, when will they get so bad that I finally can do it? Will the prep scare me out of doing it again? I told my dad that if he ever found me he wouldn't try to save me. He promised me. He's 86 years old and understands how horrible life can be and he knows I've struggled my whole life. I was doing well in therapy and then my trauma counselor resigned due to health reasons. I was about to start EMDR, etc. I have tried almost every counselor near me and they seem to take everything either too seriously or too lightly. Like Goldilocks. What happened at the end of that fairytale? Did the bear eat her? I don't remember.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: dauntra17, landslide2 and Kalista
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be tiring what you've been through, it truly is such a cruel existence. But anyway I wish you all the best.

Reactions: marooned123
landslide2

landslide2

Student
May 6, 2024
We all struggle with SI, it's a natural part of us. One of the hard things about therapy is finding someone you feel you can connect to. I'm sorry you lost your counselor. Is EMDR still possible through a new therapist?

Reactions: divinemistress36
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Together with you in solidarity for Palestine. For those poor innocent children being slaughtered over there, survival instinct is not part of the equation.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, FallingGrace, marooned123 and 1 other person
marooned123

marooned123

Jul 2, 2023
We all struggle with SI, it's a natural part of us. One of the hard things about therapy is finding someone you feel you can connect to. I'm sorry you lost your counselor. Is EMDR still possible through a new therapist?
No. I tried everyone already

FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
Also together with you in solidarity with Palestine. I'm not sure whereabouts you live, but depending on the type of trauma you hold, some charities offer EMDR for free after a (painfully) extended waiting list. For example when you are the victim of criminal sexual assault offences, but I'm sure other charities have different criteria. I'm currently on one myself, hence why I'm still sort of lingering. Everything is worth a shot, right?

Reactions: landslide2 and divinemistress36
marooned123

marooned123

Jul 2, 2023
Also together with you in solidarity with Palestine. I'm not sure whereabouts you live, but depending on the type of trauma you hold, some charities offer EMDR for free after a (painfully) extended waiting list. For example when you are the victim of criminal sexual assault offences, but I'm sure other charities have different criteria. I'm currently on one myself, hence why I'm still sort of lingering. Everything is worth a shot, right?
Well I live in a red state with no care about mental health
Together with you in solidarity for Palestine. For those poor innocent children being slaughtered over there, survival instinct is not part of the equation.
I meant SI as in survival instinct in the context of my post

D

dauntra17

Aug 12, 2024
For me, this time feels different. I've accepted what I am and will never be and forgive myself for giving up. I too worry SI will kick in, but I've fought thru SI before, just didn't die. I hope you are able to make a decision deep down, the in between pain is horrific. I like your plan and it helped me tweak mine a little. I hope you find peace in whatever way you choose. I'm journaling my days as I get closer and will reread my entries if SI does kick in, to remind myself why I came to this decision.

• Hugs
Reactions: landslide2 and Infinitespace_