TheRottingContinues

TheRottingContinues

Low consciousness
Aug 23, 2023
"it gets better" When? I've stuck around for long enough and it hasn't gotten better.

"you're missing out on the rest of life" I've seen enough.

"Find a hobby" As if I haven't tried? How can I enjoy doing anything at this point?

"Love yourself" I have 0 redeeming qualities. I have no desire to change anything.

"Suicide doesn't solve anything" it obviously doesn't. But considering the options, I'd say its the best choice.

"It's not too late" why would I care about getting better anymore?

"You can get a fresh start" This is the point that life has naturally led me towards. I could give life a million different restarts and it would have the same result.

"You are not alone" yeah, probably not. Plenty of other people have probably felt the same way I do. Good for them, but I don't want to live anymore.

Anybody else getting kinda pissed at this series of responses? This might be too cynical, but I really hate having to go through this every single time I want to talk to somebody. It feels like I'm being such a downer and refusing to get help when I ask people to talk in the first place.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, zenirsar, Forever Sleep and 2 others
ratioinsanity

ratioinsanity

Be loyal to what matters.
Oct 15, 2024
Results of speaking to normies tbh, I get the same answers too, that's why I gave up speaking w them
also true, it never gets better
šŸ™

P

pulleditnearlyoff

Student
Apr 26, 2024
Yes, that's why I stopped talking to people.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Those platitudes piss me off and, since I want to pass some time, I'm going to quote each one and mention a bit about how they affect me.

"It gets better". No, with the way how life is, the chances of it getting worse is actually significantly higher or even guaranteed because of old age or dying horrifically (most natural deaths are horrific). Life cannot get better for me if humans have designed the system to be exponentially harder the further you age.

"You're missing out on the rest of life". Good, that's precisely why I want to be dead in the first place so that I don't have to go through any more of life. Life isn't beautiful, it's hellish and I believe that an earlier death is far better than a later death.

"Find a hobby". A hobby wouldn't change life itself for what it is and how suffering is inherent to life. All a hobby would do is temporarily distract me from the suffering but I know that I'd have to confront the suffering eventually anyway so it isn't really a fix to anything. Plus I have anhedonia and so hobbies aren't really a thing for me.

"Love yourself". I do, that's precisely why I want to be dead because I love myself to where I believe that I deserve the least amount of suffering possible and that the earlier I die, the less I suffer overall in existence.

"Suicide doesn't solve anything". No, it solves me having to endure suffering from life in the future as well as making me not have any risk in life. When I'm dead, I'll be out of harm's way, when I'm alive, I'll be in harm's way.

"It's not too late". I assume they mean that it isn't too late to recover but the issue is that recovery isn't applicable to me since life itself is the problem. If anything, it is too late since I was born.

"You can get a fresh start". A fresh start wouldn't do shit for me because I'd still be alive and, once again, suffering is inherent to life.

"You are not alone". I'd want to be dead regardless of whether I'm alone or not because life itself is still the same. Plus I'd honestly rather be alone than not be alone as humans are so exhausting to deal with, case in point being the annoying pro lifers sprouting these platitudes. They really are mindless sheep and can't think for themselves