Irrumi

Irrumi

efilist
Oct 26, 2021
In recent years with chronic pain, I've felt dumb and empty. I used to write little original stories and was full of ideas, but now that's gone. All the plot moves seem obvious and the characters annoy me. My imagination is meager. I don't know if I can even take my mind off my misery with creativity.

I can't play strategy games and think a lot about a topic. I don't want to go to work with intellectual labor, though I feel it would have suited me best in the past. I just want to sleep forever.

I hate the way I've become. A wasted potential. I wasn't very smart before, but now I'm just a stupid creature.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 4390101, Skathon, Dead Meat and 7 others
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
I'm sorry. I feel similar, I have dealt with chronic pain for 4+ years now. It has affected my memory and cognition as well. constantly having most if not all of your focus and energy on the pain makes it hard to do anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Dead Meat, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
In recent years with chronic pain, I've felt dumb and empty. I used to write little original stories and was full of ideas, but now that's gone. All the plot moves seem obvious and the characters annoy me. My imagination is meager. I don't know if I can even take my mind off my misery with creativity.

I can't play strategy games and think a lot about a topic. I don't want to go to work with intellectual labor, though I feel it would have suited me best in the past. I just want to sleep forever.

I hate the way I've become. A wasted potential. I wasn't very smart before, but now I'm just a stupid creature.
Same here, I can't believe that I'm like this, my identity is gone yet I'm somehow still here¿

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, OpheliasFlowers, Sick of it all and 2 others
Irrumi

Irrumi

efilist
Oct 26, 2021
I'm sorry. I feel similar, I have dealt with chronic pain for 4+ years now. It has affected my memory and cognition as well. constantly having most if not all of your focus and energy on the pain makes it hard to do anything.
It's really hard to live with chronic pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: GhostNote, Dead Meat, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that life brought you to this point. To me it's so horrifying how our bodies are capable of torturing us to such great extents. There does seem to be no real relief from suffering in a life like this. Best wishes.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Dead Meat, Irrumi and 1 other person
Irrumi

Irrumi

efilist
Oct 26, 2021
I'm sorry that life brought you to this point. To me it's so horrifying how our bodies are capable of torturing us to such great extents. There does seem to be no real relief from suffering in a life like this. Best wishes.
thank you for answer. your answers are always accurate.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
T

Trifecta

Aug 27, 2022
That sounds painfully familiar and I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I miss my imagination, I used to burst with fantasy and daydreams, now my mind seems stuffed with cotton and it takes me forever to formulate a thought.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, OpheliasFlowers, Irrumi and 1 other person
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I used to do so many things - Cooking, playing music, travel, dinner parties… Now I do absolutely nothing but convalesce…

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Irrumi, Dead Meat and OpheliasFlowers