MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
Hey guys, first post here. I have been struggling with severe anxiety and depression for years and I just can't take it anymore. I have panic attacks every day. I get so emotional and I can't contain my emotions, sometimes I even cry in public. Everyday I think about ending it all, but I really don't want to do that unless there is absolutely nothing else I can do. I tried therapy, antidepressants, hobbies, but nothing works. I'm driving people away because of my mental illness and it kills me to see the people I look up to the most giving up on me. I know how upset they would be if I died which is why I'm still here. But if I keep disappointing them, then maybe I'd be better off before I end up inevitably burning those bridges. I've been taking the edge off with SH, just using my keys to scratch my skin without the worry of accidentally cutting too deep and needing stitches, but I feel like keys aren't enough anymore. Does anyone have recommendations for safely SHing? I want to make sure that I am 100% sure of my decision before I ctb, and that I won't be institutionalized by accidentally hurting myself without tying loose ends first.

I wrote a note, it isn't a suicide note but it's basically my way of telling the people I care about what I'm going through without talking to them face to face. I tried to talk to them several times before but I always have panic attacks and even though I know they're trying to help me, they aren't the most patient or understanding and get frustrated. Every time I talk to them I make things worse, but every time I lie and say I'm fine, they get upset because they see right through it. I'm not good at concealing my emotions so I can't lie to them. They're everything to me and I just wish they could understand and I'm really afraid by giving this note I'll make things worse but I really don't know what to do. I'm so scared, they're all I have less and I'm afraid of losing them. But I'm at that point where if I don't get help now, I'm going to die. I don't want to leave them with that burden, but I can't keep living like this. I really need help and I don't know who else to turn to.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ε. Η. R., Praestat_Mori, tiger b and 4 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Same.
I've been suffering for decades from persistent, untreatable depression. Tried lots of meds and therapy. Nothing works.
So sorry you are going through this.

Reactions: MythicalGriff
MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
Same.
I've been suffering for decades from persistent, untreatable depression. Tried lots of meds and therapy. Nothing works.
So sorry you are going through this.
Thanks man, at least I'm not alone. Hope everything gets better for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Thanks man, at least I'm not alone. Hope everything gets better for you.
Thanks.
You're definitely not alone here on this forum. There's plenty of good supportive people here who will understand you and sympathise with what I are going through.

Reactions: MythicalGriff
LeperGnome

LeperGnome

Nov 14, 2023
Sorry you have to go through this, I can relate. I have been suffering from bad social and generalized anxiety most of my life. Been on medication for many years and kind of managed. However, since coming off a benzo binge my anxiety has rendered me practically dysfunctional. That's also when I started to go from suicidal ideation to actively planning.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and MythicalGriff
L

lostsomewhere

Nov 15, 2023
hey i am really sorry for what you are going through . i want to tell you how much you mean and please dont loose hope . i am here with you, you can talk it out if you want to . just keep going you have lots of happy days coming in future my friend . you can tell me anything i will understand you because i have been through same .

MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
hey i am really sorry for what you are going through . i want to tell you how much you mean and please dont loose hope . i am here with you, you can talk it out if you want to . just keep going you have lots of happy days coming in future my friend . you can tell me anything i will understand you because i have been through same .
I'm trying but it really feels like a losing battle.

L

lostsomewhere

Nov 15, 2023
I'm trying but it really feels like a losing battle.
ik that you are feeling as if you are loosing but trust me being there and going through it alone makes you a fighter and in the end you will win , dont worry try to find someone who can help you out beacuse sometimes people show their magic when therapies fail , try to find someone , anyone who will never judge you , your comfort person . and please try not to hurt yourself it will mean soo much to your loved ones .

MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
Giving him the note today, will proceed from there. I'll keep you guys updated.
ik that you are feeling as if you are loosing but trust me being there and going through it alone makes you a fighter and in the end you will win , dont worry try to find someone who can help you out beacuse sometimes people show their magic when therapies fail , try to find someone , anyone who will never judge you , your comfort person . and please try not to hurt yourself it will mean soo much to your loved ones .
I'm trying. I'm giving them the note today. I've been trying to safely SH without actually injuring myself, but my keys don't really do the job anymore, so I need to find something more painful that isn't as dangerous or hard to clean up.

L

lostsomewhere

Nov 15, 2023
Giving him the note today, will proceed from there. I'll keep you guys updated.

I'm trying. I'm giving them the note today. I've been trying to safely SH without actually injuring myself, but my keys don't really do the job anymore, so I need to find something more painful that isn't as dangerous or hard to clean up.
i am sorry please dont hurt yourself . i am sorry if i am being nosey but please try to distract yourself, dont do it please it must be very painful .

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That must be really dreadful and tiring what you are going through, it's cruel how people have to suffer so much in this existence. But anyway I wish you the best.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and MythicalGriff
MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
i am sorry please dont hurt yourself . i am sorry if i am being nosey but please try to distract yourself, dont do it please it must be very painful .
I'd rather hurt myself in a safe and controlled manner than surpress all of my emotions and lose control, that's more dangerous. I'm trying to do it in moderation.

Update: Got nervous and couldn't bring myself to give it to him. Tomorrow is another day.