Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
Well I guess I didn't last that long. 2 months.. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised as I didn't care that much when I was choosing it. And I didn't really care much when I finally went to it. This has been probably the worst period of my life. (it was bad before uni so not only because of it but the change of environment definitely played a factor) I don't want to stay here and at this point I just don't care what happens.. so I'm dropping out.

Probably everyone will be dissapointed in me but oh well I don't care. That's the problem - I don't care about anything. Anything at all.
The mix of anhedonia, derealization/depersonalization made that happen.

So anyway now there's a couple of options what I'll do with my life. Option A - I'll start working for around a year and take my exams again (they weren't bad scores but it could be better) and then apply to a better uni that I hopefully will think about more.
Option B - Just run away. I don't care about discomfort it'll cause. I'll probably be hungry and homeless but far from everything.
Maybe I'll find something on my travels who knows
Option C - Just give up. CTB and game over. I have had SN for a while so after finding a place I could just take it.

or maybe I'll just win in a lottery who knows? that would be nice

I don't know what I'll do next. I would pick option C cause it's the easiest and I don't have any motivation to put effort into anything but I still have fear of death sometimes. Hopefully it doesn't get worse. Maybe it'll get better??
Guess we'll see

• Hugs
Reactions: campo d'erba, underthedatetree, Firework and 2 others
novi.jpg

novi.jpg

Nov 18, 2023
I hope you find peace

Reactions: Firework and worthIess
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
C is the easiest, but the fact you're still contemplating that decision means that you haven't made your mind up yet. Progress on with your life and choose Path A for now. C is always open when you want to do it, or more importantly, if you want to do it. I wouldn't recommend B because being homeless will be shit no matter what. It's arguably a fate worse than death; how would you even die painlessly anyways if you go homeless?

And don't listen to anyone else telling you to CTB. This site is pro-choice, not pro-death. Go for whatever you see to be the best option for the rest of your life, no matter whether or not it's short due to CTB or long due to opting for A and succeeding. Weigh your options.

Reactions: worthIess
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
What are you studying?

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Take as many free online courses on AI and 3D printing as you can. It's the future. Work and save up some money to have a down payment ready for when the housing market crashes.

singsreignrebuilder

singsreignrebuilder

Mar 3, 2020
A seems like the move here. B is nonsensical and you can still do C if A fails

carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
Take as many free online courses on AI and 3D printing as you can. It's the future. Work and save up some money to have a down payment ready for when the housing market crashes.
how would u use this to get ahead?

L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
Try thoroughly analysing all the factors that made you drop out the 1st time and see where you can make changes to prevent it from ever happening again. That's what they forced me to do in counseling when I asked to retake courses (which I failed the 2nd time because of shit mental health). Don't rush into anything but you should use that gap year to the fullest to prepare for what's to come and fix anything you can that made you recently drop out.

Reactions: ctvunny and singsreignrebuilder
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
how would u use this to get ahead?
It's going to be prevalent in every industry. I forgot to mention robotics as well. Once robots start doing a lot of the human jobs, the only jobs available will be in the robot manufacturing industry. Restaurants, hospitals, etc. Knowing the ins and outs of AI and all the platforms is going to make you so much more productive in virtually every profession.

I learned long ago to always try and be open-minded and learn as much as possible as to what is going to happen in the future. In 2013, these 2 guys came into my restaurant trying to sell me on setting up a way to accept bitcoin for payment. I think Bitcoin was like $117 at the time. I had no idea what it was, so I just shrugged it off and sent them on their way. Had I just tried it out and accepted maybe like 100 or so coins of payent for shits and giggles and forgotten about them and just stored them for a rainy day, it would be worth about $4.5 million today.

Last edited:
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Maybe try again in a diffrent major, and if that doesn't work too. Well, do what you think it's right for you

KarmicRain

KarmicRain

Mar 27, 2023
So my experience with uni was a little similar, only I stayed for a year. My last semester I got so depressed that i stayed in bed for days on end. I just didn't have it in me to do school work anymore nor a job on top of that. I thought desperately for something different (that wasn't just ctb) and ended up joining the military. I regret it, god do i regret it. But i needed something to change, it was somehow the only thing i could come up with after thinking over. It's been over a year and my feelings haven't changed. I've just been so busy I haven't had the time to think about it enough so my mind's almost always muddled. In the end it was just a distraction but maybe that's better than nothing at all.
god i really wish i could say it gets better but it doesn't, time just keeps moving and so long as there is a you, unless u win a lottery there's a lifetime of mandatory work to do no matter what path you pick and it fucking sucks.
Honestly don't just try to blindly follow someones advice and don't make a lifechanging decision on a whim (even if that whim took weeks of thinking, im stupid). If ever at some point you wanted to do something think about that instead of just trying to pick something that "makes sense." Something logical isn't always something that'll make you happy (im projecting). If there hasn't ever been anything then the choice is only between constant distractions or C.
if i didn't feel like my life belonged to my parents I would've picked C a long time ago.

Reactions: ctvunny
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
You have just one life (in my view). I would exhaust all the options before you choose options C. It's difficult, I know, I've been there, but try to be patient, take a breath, and take each day as a new opportunity. Option C will be there if you really really need it, but make sure you really really need it. 🤗