Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Finally a protest I feel 100% behind joining. Would be nice to have more antinatalist outreach, but this is a start.

Totally agree with you, but western countries are not the ones to worry about overpopulation in my opinion. For example in some Asian countries they are very strict catholics, so despite the fact they are so poor, they don't use any birth control pills or condoms, so they have like 6 babies or more per household. But that's a good start and a good point you made. For example my country in Europe and most Europe, is desperate asking people to actually have babies cause our population in the future will have more seniors ( sorry don't like to use the word old) people than young, so the solution they found was to make immigration easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: WonderingSoul
Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
I guess it's a good thing they did this in Portland, because something like this would probably convince a rabid religious couple to pop out a couple more babies.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I guess a decent number of people here are anti-natalist.

I tend to think it'd make the world a worse place. Just because I'm miserable doesn't mean everyone else has to be. I'm happy for you if you raise a functional happy family. Feeling alone and miserable with no connection to the future is not a fun feeling.

Also, like Sherri suggested above, in a lot of countries (US included) the already-low birthrates are causing elder neglect (not enough youth to care for them), economic decline (more people taking social security etc. than paying into it), and cultural tensions from corporations demanding we ship in immigrants. Huge cause of suffering.

Reactions: WonderingSoul