• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, these_days9, _Minsk and 4 others
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
I dont think only ibuprofen will kill you .

Reactions: Anotheryou and fastFWD
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
Only overdosing may not help as you can throw up the medicine in your sleep and wake up later with multiple organ failure . Check out the various threads

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, _Minsk and fastFWD
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
The toxicity of these common medications is that in high doses they can cause liver or kidney damage, which you can recover from (I tried a regime of gobbling paracetamol for several days before needing to go to ER from pain) or can take many, many days for it to be fatal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunset764 and _Minsk
TheYounger

TheYounger

Aria Math
Jun 7, 2020
I feel the same too. I'm getting close to ending this whole thing. I want out!

• Hugs
Reactions: Sunset764 and Notme
Bulldogbitch

Bulldogbitch

Lifes a bitch, so am I
Feb 12, 2020
It's not a very high chance and could take weeks for the paracetamol to kill you
Done it a lot in the past when drunk too much and harming

Reactions: Tigeress Lost, _Minsk and fastFWD
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
Please don't do that. Take your time to think this through. I know you are hurting right now and the pain might be unbearable. But ibuprofen or paracetamol are the most painful ways to die and you most likely will not succeed. You're in the right place. We are all hurting. I'm sorry you're hurting so much. Please consider your options and make an informed decision. Wish I could take your pain away. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: xirc79, Sunset764, Wisdom3_1-9 and 2 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
It's near impossible to die from ODing on drugs like ibuprofen and paracetamol. It's the same for most OTC or prescribed medications. You'll only end up in extreme pain and possibly fuck up your liver or your stomach etc.There was another user on here who tried to OD and it triggered an autoimmune condition.

Reactions: Tigeress Lost, _Minsk, NoDream and 4 others
TheSoundofTime

TheSoundofTime

In time you will find peace...
Aug 9, 2020
please tell me how many ibrufen I need. Im done
You will not die from over the counter medicine. It's just not going to work unless you have something prescribed that just might work.
I'm sorry you are feeling this way but to do what you are about to do, you need to get your hands "dirty".

Reactions: _Minsk, Deleted member 10475 and Ghost2211
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I'm so sorry. Would you like to tell us what happened? If you wanna share.

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, _Minsk, Spitfire and 2 others
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
It's near impossible to die from ODing on drugs like ibuprofen and paracetamol.

I know alot of people say this and im not trying to get the OP to use this methods advise against it. but i have the question is it REALLY true?

I mean people aren't going to let us know that over the counter, readily available medicine is good to CTB are they!!!!

Plus also you can only buy 2 boxes at a time(in the UK) which is not alot really is it? why only let us buy a very small amount if they aren't bad for us?

just a question iv'e wondered!

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I know alot of people say this and im not trying to get the OP to use this methods advise against it. but i have the question is it REALLY true?

I mean people aren't going to let us know that over the counter, readily available medicine is good to CTB are they!!!!

Plus also you can only buy 2 boxes at a time(in the UK) which is not alot really is it? why only let us buy a very small amount if they aren't bad for us?

just a question iv'e wondered!
I think they only let us buy 2 boxes at a time is because it seems to be a common drug that people try to OD on. It's to try and reduce the number of people that OD. And although it may not kill you, it will definitely hurt you - organ damage etc. If you do die from paracetamol, it's because your liver is failing but it's a slow, painful death.

Reactions: Sunset764, _Minsk, checkouttime and 1 other person
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It could kill.

It will usually take a very long time, be uncomfortable, and difficult to endure to the end.

First hand witnessed experience says this is absolutely not likely to work though.

Reactions: _Minsk and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I think they only let us buy 2 boxes at a time is because it seems to be a common drug that people try to OD on. It's to try and reduce the number of people that OD. And although it may not kill you, it will definitely hurt you - organ damage etc. If you do die from paracetamol, it's because your liver is failing but it's a slow, painful death.

makes total sense, i assumed it might be to lower the amount of people who try to OD on it. bit pointless IMO as people just goto other shops or stockpile over a few days!!

I know alot of people say its not a valid way. Its more it IS a valid way. BUT your going to suffer like a mofo!!!

Reactions: Spitfire
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

That's why it's advisable to research published medical reports, same as for SN.

Also, as many people have tried it while members, I would reasonably imagine that there would be goodbye threads just as there are for SN, rather than people repeatedly reporting personal awful experiences. I've noticed since I've been a member that a couple of people have said they've known someone who successfully OD'd with it, and I know that it does happen, but it's not the norm. Likewise, there have been horror stories of diphenhydramine ODs, and I personally have only ever come across one account online of success, and it's questionable as to whether the person was murdered or suicided (she was found in the trunk of her car with boxes of diphenhydramine). If I came across other medical reports of successes, I don't recall, what I recall is researching and determining it is not a reliable method, and that was before I joined the forum.

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, _Minsk, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
makes total sense, i assumed it might be to lower the amount of people who try to OD on it. bit pointless IMO as people just goto other shops or stockpile over a few days!!

I know alot of people say its not a valid way. Its more it IS a valid way. BUT your going to suffer like a mofo!!!
I would say that it's not a reliable method and it's just not worth it in my opinion. The chances of success are slim but you're pretty much guaranteed to suffer in pain. You're more likely to end up calling an ambulance for yourself because of the pain and after effects rather than dying.

Reactions: checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
That's why it's advisable to research published medical reports, same as for SN.

Also, as many people have tried it while members, I would reasonably imagine that there would be goodbye threads just as there are for SN, rather than people repeatedly reporting personal awful experiences. I've noticed since I've been a member that a couple of people have said they've known someone who successfully OD'd with it, and I know that it does happen, but it's not the norm. Likewise, there have been horror stories of diphenhydramine ODs, and I personally have only ever come across one account online of success, and it's questionable as to whether the person was murdered or suicided (she was found in the trunk of her car with boxes of diphenhydramine). If I came across other medical reports of successes, I don't recall, what I recall is researching and determining it is not a reliable method, and that was before I joined the forum.

hmmmm i suppose its a good way of not getting found!! seems a bit fishy though!

I think you can read and read alot,but in the end you have to make your own decisions on what you believe. there is alot of conflicting stories etc on the internet. things can get altered, all sorts.

you are clearly very thorough in researching subjects etc :hihi:

Last edited:
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
I wouldn't advice you to go with any pain killer like those. Those aren't likely to kill you, just damage you. There are plenty more ways that are more effective. Check out the Resource Thread, sure there's something that fits your necessities and capabilities.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
you are clearly very thorough in researching subjects etc :hihi:

Yeah, I had to be for different jobs, and especially in grad school, where I finished everything but the thesis.

Reactions: checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah, I had to be for different jobs, and especially in grad school, where I finished everything but the thesis.

Well its good to know what your talking about. especially if you are helping or advising others and clearly you do!

I like to know things and like to ask questions aswell(as people probably guessed). I wouldn't want to advise someone or tell something to someone that was wrong. If i was unsure on something i would at least tell someone anyway. especially on a site like were on here!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spitfire