prototypian

prototypian

May 6, 2024
Actually that's not entirely true. A very very tiny group of people have jobs and work that is fulfilling and they love. Everyone else has a horrible job even id you delude yourself into believing it's exactly what you want and it's challenging. Most jobs are one of three types;

1) doing tasks to decrease risk to the business. This could be paper work or justifications or audit and reconciliation. The only purpose of your work is to ensure the business you work for minimizes risk for whatever potential problem could occur. It's what bureaucracy actually does and why it exists.

2) engaging with people to get them to buy goods or services. The second type of job is the one that transacts or begs and rationalizes someone buying something.

3) the third is the type that actually makes things or performs services. Companies like to automate these processes to the point that you are graded on the order of tasks and quality control on how many perform widgets are created.

Sure there are surgeons or librarians or other things but let's face it, everything becomes routine and nothing in the world gets to avoid the bureaucracy.

Odds are the work you do for a living, and in our world we must work to live, will be one of these jobs and even though you can delude yourself into thinking it's important, when you really step back all you did was fill out paperwork and complete forms or sell products you get no benefit from or assemble stuff that will be sold independent of your effort. Anyone can do what you do and the truth is you don't matter.

Reactions: GoatHerder, lnlybnny, dogteeth and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Work is artificial tasks that humans do to earn artificial currency in order to pay for their existence. I find the whole thing absurd. Money is just some coins and pieces of paper that have value because humans assigned value to it, and people spend their lives working to make money in order to survive. All of it is fake. None of it is real. Working to live is so cucked when no one chose to be alive in the first place. I don't dream of labor so I'm a NEET, but I just find it so strange how this world is set up. It seems to be a system that maximizes suffering via the elites' exploitation of the masses for their labor. The saddest thing is that they don't even know that they're being exploited

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kvsvenky100, GoatHerder, divinemistress36 and 8 others
I

IwantHappiness

May 31, 2024
It seems to be a system that maximizes suffering via the elites' exploitation of the masses for their labor.
Well said. It is always a pleasure to read your comments. You are smart, you should start your own megathread with your thoughts. And yes, they want us to suffer because of the reasons we were talking about somewhere else. Everything is connected...people do not have memories of them expressly asking to be born, how weird is that uh?

Reactions: kvsvenky100 and divinemistress36
ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
Work is artificial tasks that humans do to earn artificial currency in order to pay for their existence. I find the whole thing absurd. Money is just some coins and pieces of paper that have value because humans assigned value to it, and people spend their lives working to make money in order to survive. All of it is fake. None of it is real. Working to live is so cucked when no one chose to be alive in the first place. I don't dream of labor so I'm a NEET, but I just find it so strange how this world is set up. It seems to be a system that maximizes suffering via the elites' exploitation of the masses for their labor. The saddest thing is that they don't even know that they're being exploited
When you think about it rationally, it doesn't seem so strange.

when a collection of people come together, they need to produce resources to continue there existence, and the procurement of resources is an incredibly hard task that take large amounts of labour, and hard work. So when a society realises this, they then need an incentive structure, to, well incentivise the people to work toward the procurement of the needed resources. which in the past meant plain old slavery and forced labour, but as societies, became more wealthy and better of in terms of quantity and quality of their resources. then came a need for better incentives, for the workers, and so they made the resources themselves the incentives. so if you worked hard you would be fed and housed, and would be treated as an "equal". The main way to which they achieve this nowadays, is currency, literal paper that the government tells you is valuable, and can be traded for resources, but only if you first work towards the original purpose, and help society extract the needed resources. as to then be given access of this currency

all just for the continued existence, of societies that act like machines and which have no regard for the real human being placed within that machine. though the sad part is that, there is no system on planet earth of any economic structure, that actually benefits people, as though they are actual real people. just humans mindlessly trying to find an excuse to continue living when there no actual benefit to doing so.

Reactions: sserafim