L

LibertyLily

Jul 30, 2022
I feel like I cannot relate to anyone and the only area where I feel I can relate to others are those who also can't relate to anyone.

I can't even relate to people with the same condition as me (aspergers).

I see humans doing what humans usually do, I can understand it all but I either don't see the point or I'm not involved. I might as well just be a machine.

My mom has now told me on more than one occasion it would've been easier if I hadn't been born.

There's no one I know of whose like me and those who are close to me want me out of the way.

No one cares about what I have to say or offer unless I appeal to their interests.

I only ever seem to have value to others when I appeal to their interests.

But I don't feel like I succeed often enough at this to warrant being around.

So what's the point?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, LittleJem, Shivali and 3 others
S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
Although it might seem like an exercise in futility, the only way to succeed is to try and try again. It might be helpful to find a method to express yourself and hope that others will see it and find you. It's hard not to take such things personally, but rejection shouldn't be the focus. Maybe, the only way to move forward is to focus on whatever little connection you can make and hope it's a sign that connection is still possible. Really, with how many people there are in the world, it's kind of just a numbers game. It's kind of like dating. It doesn't matter how many "no"s you get because you only need one "yes". While everyone is different, it only takes having a little understanding to make a connection. Friendship shouldn't be idealised. It's a human thing, but we're only human after all.

You did post this in the recovery section so, please, pardon my optimism?

With all that being said, I hope you find peace.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jarni, LivingForTheMoment, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I relate, they say friends are like minded, that explains why I'm friendless.

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Huntfish34, Shivali and 1 other person
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Understand hiw no relate any this now no relate unique extreme no one understand me all lone no one all lone very uniqe, very sorry this real know how

• Hugs
Reactions: Flaw Detector, Huntfish34 and Shivali
Shivali

Shivali

Mage
Jun 9, 2022
Me too. Maybe we all are really unigue

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
This is a very common feeling when you have autism. I know how much it sucks. For what it's worse, I think there are people who will value you (even if you don't necessarily relate to them that strongly). Maybe you've just had some poor luck but bad luck can turn.

• Hugs
Reactions: Givenuponlife and Huntfish34
LivingForTheMoment

LivingForTheMoment

Finding Happiness and Helping Others!
Dec 31, 2022
This is a tough one.

Forgive me in advance if I come off as ignorant, as I don't know your situation outside what is written here.

From what I've read, I can understand why you feel the way you do. That is very hard.

I have also felt similarly, and with time have developed some ideas around feeling alone.

You seem quite bright, and what you have said about feeling connected only to those who also feel alien is interesting.

I think your observation here could answer your question, as in a sense we all share similar feelings (thoughts even) as part of a perceived shared human condition (of "being"), and are not so different from one another.

Despite this, I'm sure most of us here still feel lonely (ironic, no?). But that's okay, I believe it means that the path walked (as individuals) is beautifully unique (even with these shared human traits).

People might not realize how valuable you are, however I'm certain you have great things to contribute, even if you yourself don't realize it yet.

I've been here too, and my best advice is to keep going. Be a steward of yourself, try learning something new, you may even find a curious motivation in that which you try. As long as you stay doing something (anything!) of this sort you will find a place of your own in time (feeling of purpose).

I would also like to say that you need to continue for you, and not anyone else. If you can live for yourself; your unique and valuable life, you'll be stronger than any of those you observe as being heavily reliant on others validation to "fit" in (those who confine themselves to convention and cliches).

I wish you the best. You are not alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood