R

RatMaster250

Jun 6, 2023
I just don't understand what to do anymore. I don't know whether I should aim for hapiness or numbness. It is the truth that there is a chance then I will get through my mental health problems and be happy, but is it even worth risking it? We're all going to die so whats the point in being happy in the first place? Idk what do you guys think do you ever feel like it would be better to aim for hapiness or to ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: helplessufferer, MeltingBrain, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
For me- I'm not wiling to put in the effort to get over all my hangups to get an ok-ish life. Maybe even a 'happy' one. I feel like I know myself enough to know what I'm willing to face and change. Not enough in my circumstances. I just want to rest now.

If you have some will or fight left- then- why not pursue it? It's not like you have to CTB right now- unless there are pressing circumstances. Maybe give living a shot. If you decide to go that route though- you might want to post a bit in the 'recovery' section too. People there are more likely to have 'survival' tips. šŸ˜‰ I wish you all the best- whatever you decide to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: RatMaster250
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I just don't understand what to do anymore. I don't know whether I should aim for hapiness or numbness. It is the truth that there is a chance then I will get through my mental health problems and be happy, but is it even worth risking it? We're all going to die so whats the point in being happy in the first place? Idk what do you guys think do you ever feel like it would be better to aim for hapiness or to ctb
When in doubt, remain alive.
What mental illness do you have and what did the doctors say about your prognosis ?

Reactions: helplessufferer
H

helplessufferer

Apr 24, 2023
When in doubt, remain alive.
indeed.
since you are hesitant, it's best not to rush. yes i believe it'll be worth all your struggles if you overcome your issues and find happiness/peace at the end. but after all you are the one to ponder your situation and all the variables and decide what to do with your life. good luck!

Reactions: MeltingBrain
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Only the individual can decide what to do. But I would personally always prefer to cease existing, as I don't see the point to delaying the inevitable and I don't see the appeal to existing here in the first place. We exist in such a harmful world where there is unlimited potential to suffer, where we are destined for nowhere but to be tormented by old age and die anyway, existing is so dreadful and futile, to me such a thing as "happiness" could never even exist in the first place, I think the idea of that is a delusion, existing is only suffering.