sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
okay dumb question maybe, but i'm confused on how after someone passes out from hanging (at least in partial) it's supposedly peaceful and painless for the rest of the ~10 or however many minutes to die. just because we're unconscious they really mean we don't feel the pain?

how does one not wake up from the extreme pain of the rope during the first couple minutes or something? i tried googling it and some sources say we do feel pain while unconscious, i don't get it. i feel like i'll wake up while it's happening unable to do anything about it or it'll hurt really bad. but i guess there's videos of people doing it and that doesn't happen. i'm just paranoid.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Solar1703, ithappens, Pen>Sword and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My guess is because the brain or some parts of the brain has temporarily shut down.
The pain is registered in the nociceptor neuron located inside the brain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nociceptor

https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com/pain/neuroscience-pain

https://www.news-medical.net/health/How-Do-We-Sense-Pain.aspx
I agree. I guess the brain just goes into OFF MODE and simply lets you die.
Anyway, I've never been able to find my sweet spot and lose consciousness.

Reactions: sadgirl9999
sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
My guess is because the brain or some parts of the brain has temporarily shut down.
The pain is registered in the nociceptor neuron located inside the brain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nociceptor

https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com/pain/neuroscience-pain

https://www.news-medical.net/health/How-Do-We-Sense-Pain.aspx
thanks for the links! :heart: that's really interesting. hopefully that's the case
Anyway, I've never been able to find my sweet spot and lose consciousness.
same here, but i'm confused on how anyone can even pass out without actually dying, if they use a slip knot? :O with my knots if i put any amount of pressure on it, it's going to slide and i won't be able to undo it from my neck. so i want to practice but if i pass out at the point it's game over. are you guys testing it without a slip knot?

Last edited:
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
When pain stimuli is applied, you experience both a conscious perception of pain as well as the body exhibiting certain reactions to pain stimuli such as increased heart rate, increased breathing rate, increased respiration rate, cortisol release, etc.

Physical reactions to pain will occur whether one is conscious or not; however, conscious perception of pain requires one to be conscious to perceive pain.

Reactions: ithappens, OpheliasFlowers, Them and 1 other person
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
But from study human can still feel pain even when unconscious.
Thats why people in surgery still respond to pain when being cut even when unconscious and doctor has to give them analgesic.
And people in deep sleep still moan when in pain. People in comma still change facial expression when in pain.(i read research about those)

When pain stimuli is applied, you experience both a conscious perception of pain as well as the body exhibiting certain reactions to pain stimuli such as increased heart rate, increased breathing rate, increased respiration rate, cortisol release, etc.

Physical reactions to pain will occur whether one is conscious or not; however, conscious perception of pain requires one to be conscious to perceive pain.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Scribble Fan and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
From personal experience with partial, I loved the feeling of fading off into nothing. I wasn't able to make a noose(practiced for days before hand, it just didn't click) but I had a very long thin rope I wrapped around my neck about 15 times. If you are truly in the 'right' mindset of wanting to die, it shouldn't be painful or scary. I ended up jolting awake after a couple minutes(what I can only assume was a couple minutes) and I wasn't able to stand up completely. Nothing about coming to was painful and I was able to fight off SI for about 10 seconds until I started to unwrap the rope. Once you are out that long it's physically impossible(not painful) to stand up and when I had unwrapped the rope completely I fell to the ground. I wasn't able to stand up or even register that I had wet myself which I think it's mainly due to lack of oxygen. No oxygen to the brain means it's not able to send out signals or process things correctly in the body, like how I wasn't even able to stand up, feel my fingers while unwrapping the rope or feel the sensation of wet pants.

• Wow
Reactions: Solar1703 and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
From personal experience with partial, I loved the feeling of fading off into nothing. I wasn't able to make a noose(practiced for days before hand, it just didn't click) but I had a very long thin rope I wrapped around my neck about 15 times. If you are truly in the 'right' mindset of wanting to die, it shouldn't be painful or scary. I ended up jolting awake after a couple minutes(what I can only assume was a couple minutes) and I wasn't able to stand up completely. Nothing about coming to was painful and I was able to fight off SI for about 10 seconds until I started to unwrap the rope. Once you are out that long it's physically impossible(not painful) to stand up and when I had unwrapped the rope completely I fell to the ground. I wasn't able to stand up or even register that I had wet myself which I think it's mainly due to lack of oxygen. No oxygen to the brain means it's not able to send out signals or process things correctly in the body, like how I wasn't even able to stand up, feel my fingers while unwrapping the rope or feel the sensation of wet pants.
Very interesting. If you don't mind me asking, did you end up calling for help or did you eventually gain back your strength by yourself?

nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
Very interesting. If you don't mind me asking, did you end up calling for help or did you eventually gain back your strength by yourself?
I ended up gaining my strength back myself. I was in the closet on my knees for partial and when I unwrapped the rope I fell flat on the ground. It took about 15 minutes of feeling like I wasn't breathing in anything despite strong heaving and flopping around like a fish out of water. It took an extra 30 minutes of lying on the ground to be able to stand up without feeling like I was going to fall back down. I tried again later that night after taking two tabs of acid to "confuse my brain" so I wouldn't be able to unwrap the rope but the problem with that was it ended up paralyzing me about 1-2 hours through the peak. I never had that happen with any drug I've tried but I think it was due to the mindset I was in. I had already sent a goodbye text to my one good friend a state away and I didn't know she knew my address let alone my apartment number or I wouldn't have sent her that text. I also already gotten a raw red line around my neck(now healed as a scar) so I wore a hoodie and it felt much more comfortable the second time around since the rope wasn't rubbing on my raw skin. It was also more pleasant when slipping into unconsciousness with the effects of the acid. I wish I did it that way first but now I have SN and no plans of telling anybody goodbye before taking it.

• Love
Reactions: Solar1703, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and Astral316
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
But those are fainting.
the OP ask about after it=the dying process.

People faint many times from hypotension and blood choke/choking game(martial art&playing) its common and painless.

But its not the same as dying when the brain started deteriorating and damaged

Thats when it starts sending signals to alert

Last edited:
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
But those are fainting.
the OP ask about after it=the dying process.

People faint many times from hypotension and blood choke(martial art knock down&playing) its common and painless.

But its not the same as dying when the brain started deteriorating and damaged

Thats when it starts sending signals to alert
Im not sure there is much of a difference in ability to feel pain when the brain isn't getting oxygen and unable to send out the pain when fainting and awaking because of SI versus when it's been a little bit longer without oxygen on the verge of death. I think it also has to do with the mindset you are in and if you truly want to die or are acting on a manic episode since my SI didn't have me feeling pain, just a need to remove the rope. You might be right that it is different than actually being in the final stages of dying because there is this theory from a couple of studies that suggests a chemical similar to how DMT acts is released and makes dying euphoric but I'm not so sure it actually does.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
I like to believe that is true also. That it will be that easy at least thats what i can hope. :notsure:And i guess we all do, because it means it will be painless.

i always thought, just induce the unconsciousness first then it will be ok. But im worried of empty hope

Also from the study that(link above, my previous post) i read even when in unconscious people(comma, brain injury, sugery anesthesia)the brain(also cells&body)still fighting send signals and react. and that rat experiment when its dying&cardiact arrest. So im not so sure.
also its hard to really know exactly since people who fully gone to it cant be questioned :'( :'(

so i can only hope to find the answer from research but its also limited. :ohh:
just scared of the unknown of death and if its going to be how painful

Im not sure there is much of a difference in ability to feel pain when the brain isn't getting oxygen and unable to send out the pain when fainting and awaking because of SI versus when it's been a little bit longer without oxygen on the verge of death. I think it also has to do with the mindset you are in and if you truly want to die or are acting on a manic episode since my SI didn't have me feeling pain, just a need to remove the rope. You might be right that it is different than actually being in the final stages of dying because there is this theory from a couple of studies that suggests a chemical similar to how DMT acts is released and makes dying euphoric but I'm not so sure it actually does.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: nightnightnitrite
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
@Efilismislife I have neither the time nor inclination to try to argue a point you are not fully understanding. Conscious perception of pain is required to experience "suffering." If you bothered to read my other posts, I discuss the various levels of sedation, sleep, coma, and anesthesia. Of course the body experiences physical responses to pain while asleep (e.g, increased BP, HR respiratory rate, cortisol release, etc). These are part of the defining characteristics that distinguish sleep/hypnosis, coma, and anesthesia. This isn't controversial or poorly understood except for magazine writers looking for views.

If you have ever been involved in medical procedures involving either sedation or anesthesia, this would be more clear. I would encourage you to use medical sources to define the difference between sleep, coma, and anesthesia. I would encourage you to base your conclusions on either peer reviewed literature or medical texts and ignore mass publications.

I have little time left and frankly don't give a shit if you want to use "science magazine" as a source or not. To be clear, the body will have reflexive movements and effects (some listed previously) to pain stimuli while unconscious. This absolutely, positively does not equate to conscious perception of pain, is not controversial, and has been discussed in the medical literature for nearly 100 years.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Broken Buzz and checkouttime