C

Canttakeitanymore

Student
Feb 11, 2021
Not only i have lots of real problems but im also paranoid as fuck, catastrophizing everything, have imaginary friends, gfs and basically spend all the time daydreaming both in positive and negative ways

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: divine4u2b, Umbreon, Fin and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm really sorry to hear this, pal.
However, realizing you might be schizophrenic is actually good because you could get help and treat that illness at an early stage.

My mother suffers from schizophrenia and there's nothing my dad and I can do to help her at this point. You can't imagine what a monster she can be. I really hate this disease.

Hope you can get better somehow, OP.

• Love
Reactions: Umbreon
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Maybe you need professional help?

Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
To be honest it sounds more like maladaptive daydreaming schizophrenia.

Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
Please contact your doctor and express these concerns. There can be help out there for you.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling.

To be honest it sounds more like maladaptive daydreaming schizophrenia.
idk if its that specifically but as someone thats had nothing chase them down halls and their own blood dripping on walls (without doing anything) i can say you do not have schizophrenia

Reactions: Fin
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling.

idk if its that specifically but as someone thats had nothing chase them down halls and their own blood dripping on walls (without doing anything) i can say you do not have schizophrenia

Sorry I meant it sounds more like maladaptive daydreaming than schizophrenia

Reactions: Fin
C

Canttakeitanymore

Student
Feb 11, 2021

Idk im just retarded then, crazy idk what to call myself anymore

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Sorry I meant it sounds more like maladaptive daydreaming than schizophrenia
sorry not you. i was just saying that i dont know if its a more mild form of (which i really think its not, paranoia is its own thing for the most part however if bad enough can lead to schizo, making everything out worse then it is, is its own thing, nothing to do with schizo and having imaginary friends is normal (i had like hundreds, didnt count they were tribes in the woods i hung out with plus some others things here and there i awould also imagine entire lands) and 'daydreaming'? schizo isnt even close i wish i could call it a "daydream") i have all of these problems as well as hallucinations, not the same thing is all im saying.
Idk im just retarded then, crazy idk what to call myself anymore
well to start i wouldnt go to the worst possibly and i would also take the others adice and go see a doctor. while not schizo that doesnt mean you shouldnt see someone

Last edited:
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Daydreaming is a privileged pleasure. Do you really want to medicate away your imagination?
If its maladaptive daydreaming it can well and truly ruin your life.
It can lower the quality of your work, cause your relationships to deteriorate and cause you to become a total shut in.
It can also make real life seen so boring and dull in comparison.
A little day dreaming is great. A lot is truly unhealthy.
Unfortunately there is no known treatment for maladaptive daydreaming, therapy is the only way forward with regards to that.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
If its maladaptive daydreaming it can well and truly ruin your life.
It can lower the quality of your work, cause your relationships to deteriorate and cause you to become a total shut in.
It can also make real life seen so boring and dull in comparison.
A little day dreaming is great. A lot is truly unhealthy.
Unfortunately there is no known treatment for maladaptive daydreaming, therapy is the only way forward with regards to that.
It almost ruined me until I learned to enter "work mode" to be able to work at maximum capacity. I have all the other "problems" you list and have let the daydreaming consume all other areas of my life, but I find it completely acceptable. So "ruin" is a matter of priorities here.

Reactions: Tackingintothewind