strawberrydino

strawberrydino

Sep 17, 2023
i feel like an asshole cuz im very lucky to have parents that show they love me and support me. but i really wish they would tell me at least once that they love me in words. my mom is chill but my dad sometimes i think i hate him. ik its the culture he was raised in but i cant help but resent him. why do i need to be the one to reach out to him to tell him HIS KID want him to tell them he loves them. i wish i had what other people have i wish i felt okay confiding in my mom about my thoughts but i just feel so bad. recently shes gotten new friends going to the gym shes got her whole life. my dad is friendless and im terrified of ending up like him. i really support my mom living her own life but sometimes it feels like shes leaving us behind. idk im in a bad state rn. not very american dream of them. how can i ask them to give me more when theyve already given me their best and more.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
Do you happen to be Asian? In my culture there isn't a socially acceptable phrase for "I love you" and all affirmations of love are expressed through behaviors like gift giving or sharing food. It could be entirely possible that your parents love you, and just don't know you want a verbal confirmation of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
strawberrydino

strawberrydino

Sep 17, 2023
Do you happen to be Asian? In my culture there isn't a socially acceptable phrase for "I love you" and all affirmations of love are expressed through behaviors like gift giving or sharing food. It could be entirely possible that your parents love you, and just don't know you want a verbal confirmation of it.
yep im asian 👍 ik they love me cuz they do that. my mom even says she loves me. my dad is completely unwilling even after telling him i wish he would say it and saying i love u to him. like bro has never ever expressed feelings in his life 💀💀 in his words "i have never cried before in my life" which sounds a little unhealthy.

Reactions: snowcloud9