SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
One of my family members is preventing me from recovery and healing because they don't believe in mental health. They think it's my choice if I act the way I do because I 'decide' to have mental issues, which of course makes no sense.
Because of that I was forced to interrupt different courses of treatment with my previous therapists because some of them prescribed me meds that are considered useless by this parent of mine and just a waste of money.
I tried talking with them. Even the doctors did, but they are firm on their opinion.
They gave me an ultimatum: I either start acting as a normal person and stop 'pretending' to have issues, or they will kick me out of the house and I'll be on my own.
They have already decided to sell the properties that were promised to me by disowning me, and are discrediting most of the sufferings I had to endure in the past, when I was living with an alcoholic, abusive parent.
The fun part is that one of the reason I could endure most of what I went through, is that I believed I was loved by this person. I believed that one day they would help me facing the problems I have. Instead, as soon as I started opening up a bit, they turned their back on me.

For now, I still have a roof on my head and I want to hope I'll manage to go on with my therapy.
But if their threats become reality, if they really abandon me like that after years of promises, after years of telling me they loved me, just because they don't want to accept I have some mental issues and I'm not the person they thought I would be, then I will have a job to do before drinking my SN.
After all they are playing a big part in pushing me towards my suicide, and I'm sorry but I just cannot accept that.
And the scary thing is that I'm not even talking out of anger. I'm just convinced that would be the right thing to do, and it's something I'd owe to myself.
I really wish I didn't have such an ignorant, cruel and unemphatic family...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: person357, fwompie, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
i sympathize im sorry its gone like this. sending u a virtual hug

• Hugs
Reactions: SmollMushroom
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
How horrible of them to not take you seriously :c đź’› some parents are so incredibly in denial about their child's suffering, maybe because deep down they feel guilty. But that's so damn weak, that they'd just forsake you because they can't understand or don't want to understand that you're struggling hard.

• Love
Reactions: SmollMushroom