BusTicketholder

BusTicketholder

Ticket Holder
Oct 7, 2022
I'm afraid the things I've said here will be disregarded or touch no one, or I won't be remembered by anyone here. Nobody finds me worthwhile in real life; nobody has wanted to get in touch or try to contact me. I've been forgotten by everyone and I'm deathly afraid of that happening here

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: freedomcalls, Ripple, ColorlessTrees and 19 others
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
I hate to say, but I don't think this is the best place to be if you're intending to make meaningful connections with other people. It's sad, because it's a great place for peer support, but there are just so many users all kind of screaming into the void at the same time, many of whom seem to have some pretty serious issues with relationship-building to start, plus there's the whole, y'know, high likelihood of us all offing ourselves - you can't really blame people for being hesitant to becoming everyone else's best buddy when so-and-so might kill themself next week.

Of course this kinda stuff can be hard to accept and remember if you have no one or nowhere else to go to. I currently rely on this forum far too much because of how socially isolated I am, but I try to spend my time and effort engaging with others meaningful and creating interesting content. Will I be remembered, or thought of when others bite the dust? I have no idea, but at least I can sometimes vent, or get into a flow state and forget about all the bullshit of life.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: freedomcalls, Hirokami, ColorlessTrees and 13 others
BusTicketholder

BusTicketholder

Ticket Holder
Oct 7, 2022
I hate to say, but I don't think this is the best place to be if you're intending to make meaningful connections with other people. It's sad, because it's a great place for peer support, but there are just so many users all kind of screaming into the void at the same time, many of whom seem to have some pretty serious issues with relationship-building to start, plus there's the whole, y'know, high likelihood of us all offing ourselves - you can't really blame people for being hesitant to becoming everyone else's best buddy when so-and-so might kill themself next week.

Of course this kinda stuff can be hard to accept and remember if you have no one or nowhere else to go to. I currently rely on this forum far too much because of how socially isolated I am, but I try to spend my time and effort engaging with others meaningful and creating interesting content. Will I be remembered, or thought of when others bite the dust? I have no idea, but at least I can sometimes vent, or get into a flow state and forget about all the bullshit of life.
Thank you so much for this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whitefeather, Per Ardua Ad Astra, CTB Dream and 3 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Hi this sad nsture life forum human same lonely leave not feel worth talk not have , this sorry real know feel how , know people cruel not safe here also, know hard find contact, rememb Als human contact possible hurt, hope you safe. but talk want here sy what wabt no matter ,

• Hugs
Reactions: ClownMe, Dead Meat, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
R

Rocinante

Enlightened
Aug 26, 2022
I'm afraid the things I've said here will be disregarded or touch no one, or I won't be remembered by anyone here. Nobody finds me worthwhile in real life; nobody has wanted to get in touch or try to contact me. I've been forgotten by everyone and I'm deathly afraid of that happening here
Sorry to hear this. I understand, tbh. I have nothing outside of Internet forums.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Have you ever seen those shows where someone goes back in time, and the slightest alteration to the past leads to a radically different future? It means you always make a difference, and usually not in ways that you might think. There is always a legacy of some sort. And yet, even the planet is mortal so all things must pass.

If you would like to share a bit more about your situation, perhaps there will be ways that you can be steered towards having more social support in your life. Sometimes there are solutions that we can't see at the time.

• Love
Reactions: freedomcalls, ColorlessTrees, ClownMe and 3 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
You have worth, and most especially here. No human soul should ever be made to feel worthless. Consider this, maybe you don't have a problem, perhaps others are the ones that are worthless, as they seem,(from what you say), to be uncaring and uncompassionate!

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see it as being the reality of this existence that we will all be forgotten about someday, unless someone has made a significant widespread impact in this world. It's simply inevitable. Our lives certainly are very insignificant and it's simply just the way that things are. There is nothing that we really can do about it, in the grand scheme of things for most humans it will be like we never existed at all. Eventually we won't even exist in the memory of the living. I personally would always wish to be forgotten and I take comfort in the thought of it, but I guess that we are all different. But nobody can deny the true meaningless and temporary nature of life.

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Best thing you could do is to do what makes you forget about you in the context of us or other people . Then you will be free of this worry. You will be your original person and will not be dependent on how we act towards you, or even what you think we would say, or what society would say.

We will not be a part of history anyway, who would want to be? History sucks..

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
More frightening than not leaving an impact on the world is leaving an impact on the world that is poor (as in, people only remembering you for shameful, bad, negative things, etc). It is a fear I have.

Like Pluto said, if you would like to share a bit more, there can be ways.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto