Q

Qevyn

Aug 25, 2024
Since I was young my mother had said I am a mistake. You'd have to have known my mother to understand why she did not fully comprehend that is not something you should say to your child. She was correct, though. I don't know all the details but, I know enough to know this is true. My birth month is exactly nine months from my mother's birth month & I was full term. My mother did tell me once that she had a friend that took her to a bar to celebrate her birthday & that is where she met my father. He married her after I was born. There is even a wedding photo where I am sitting on her lap as a baby. The marriage was not a very happy one. I am fortunate to have had a father that was responsible and did the right thing. I feel guilty that my existence made him so unhappy for so long. I forgive my mother for the way she was. She could not help it. I am the living embodiment of two people's poor decisions.

• Hugs
Reactions: annointed_towers, UnrulyNightmare, landslide2 and 2 others
UnrulyNightmare

UnrulyNightmare

Student
Jul 3, 2024
I'm sorry! No mom should tell her child something like that.
Just to be clear though, your conception might not have been planned or wanted, but that doesn't make you, as a person, a mistake! šŸ«‚

Reactions: Eole2.0