F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
Born with intellectual disabilities, physical deformities, and on top of it all absolutely repulsive physically. A 1 out of 10. No guy would even consider me, and I am harassed and bullied for my physical appearance. A group of guys took turns berating and insulting me, laughing and celebrating they had made me cry.
I'm so tired of existing to be the thing that people say: "Hey it can be worst, you could be them." My suffering used as a tool to empower and bring happiness to others.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: StolenLife, archipelago, not_actually_human and 38 others
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
I'm so sorry.. That sounds awful.

• Love
Reactions: ksp, Source Energy, leaf23 and 3 others
looseye

looseye

A boring person.
Oct 27, 2021
That is horrible, even just reading about your experiences is anger-inducing. You shouldn't have to deal with such humiliating actions from others. Bullying is never okay but having a go at someone because of their physical appearance is arguably one of the most despicable forms of disrespect. Not that disrespect itself could ever be admirable but you get the idea. I'm sorry you have to face such mental abuse on a daily basis.

Not sure if bullying will ever stop haunting you but a lot of people report positive changes after reflecting on the way they choose to look at themselves and/or others. I can't recommend any philosophical resources, I'm not the right person to ask about this at all, but recently I came across a quote by R. Feynman that stuck:

"You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish. I have no responsibility to be like they expect me to be. It's their mistake, not my failing."

When they laugh at you, they unknowingly just laugh at their own failure to construct an adequate model of expectations for you. How could they have done this? By getting to know you and finding out about your story, your capabilities and the things you deem worthwhile. They didn't have the strength to even give that a try.

I know this isn't much and won't make you feel all that different when harrassment strikes again. If I knew how to deal with this I'd have one reason less to be on this site. But it's something, at least, and perhaps these words can present a bit of meaning to you as well. Something tends to be better than nothing, right?

• Love
Reactions: Pluto, ksp, leeloosnow and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really is so incredibly awful how humans create so much suffering all for no reason, that serves no purpose other than to hurt others. It really is such a hellish world that we exist in, no wonder so many wish to die when people are tortured so much through no fault of their own. There really could never be anything fair about this and that is simply the unfortunate reality of this existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: leaf23, ForsakenDial, Dissappointed and 5 others
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
nooo:(

• Hugs
Reactions: leaf23 and ForsakenDial
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I have nightmares about this happening to me I'm so sorry OP

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, leaf23 and ForsakenDial
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I feel you, i suffer a physical disability. A pitiful and flawy body, my legs are thin and small (my trousers fall down if i don't wear braces) my torso is not straight, it's kind of bent and my right leg is crooked.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ksp, leeloosnow, Heartaches and 4 others
R

randy

Student
Jan 6, 2023
makes me so mad when people are abusive bullies like that.

I'm sorry you have to endure that :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123 and leeloosnow
booplesnoot34

booplesnoot34

I’ll miss the winter, a world of fragile things
Feb 8, 2023
Find a blind man, he won't care about what you look like, just who you are inside. Disabled people often get together.

Reactions: novem
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Disparity of beauty is one more evil aspect of this world, one more reason to hate it.

Reactions: Disappointered, archipelago, greebo6 and 2 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Its just as bad if your an ugly male.You have to deal with same thing just as often. Take it from one who is and has to....me.
So sorry you have to go through it too though.

Reactions: Disappointered and Superdeterminist
WellDefinedChin

WellDefinedChin

Jan 20, 2023
Find a blind man, he won't care about what you look like, just who you are inside. Disabled people often get together.
This is a pure lie.
Just like how when questioned blind women still want an attractive man, so do men. There is no solution to being undesirable, only acceptance and cope. Denial will instead make you neurotic and hate what you are and what you had no control over. Such is life in such an objective existence.
Don't let me steal your hope however. That's how you start frequenting forums like this.

Reactions: Disappointered