Votes: 11 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
lady sea

lady sea

the sea is my string of hope
Feb 24, 2019
I don't know how or when it started but I have noticed I lie SO MUCH. I can be having a normal conversation with someone then suddenly Im lying about the littlest thing like if I read a book or not. I don't know why I could never just be honest. My lies wind me up in sticky situations I can't get out of yet I don't stop lying. What is wrong with me??

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Georgii and 262653
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Yes, I lie tons. I am afraid of being judged because of the smallest things, so I am not honest most of the times.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Georgii, puppy9 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm too terrible at lying to do it compulsively, or at all. I get details wrong all the time though but unintentionally. I can't even lie to myself well enough to do anything good for myself.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: NeverGoodEnuff, Deleted member 4993, Georgii and 2 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I lie very often when I talk to a "normal" person or a stranger

• Hugs
Reactions: ocd is bad, Deleted member 4993, Georgii and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I used to have a really bad case of compulsive lying. I invented fake people with detailed life stories to divert attention from my own life in conversations and basically changed my whole identity based on who I was talking to. I was terrified of being caught but couldn't stop, until I developed a semblance of self-esteem. I guess my compulsive lying stemmed from being so painfully self-conscious I was terrified of sharing anything genuine about myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Georgii and puppy9
G

Georgii

Arcanist
Sep 25, 2019
I used to lie about the most silliest things , I always considered myself boring and uninteresting .
So at school or at work when I would find myself in a group of people chatting,telling stories or relating to a certain topic I would find ways to fit in .I would lie and create a certain narrative to feel part of the group , to be able to say "Yeah, I relate to that too."
Other times I would lie to divert people from the actual truth of my life ,of how I feel .
It gotten to the point where to me it would be something so natural and it's one of the reason I've always been so skeptical when someone would tell a story of their own that to me is just unbelievable .

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and GrumpyFrog
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I lied a lot about myself when I was working or meeting new people especially when I was forced to hang out with my ex's friends. I hate talking about my true self, I'm really negative, I have led the most boring life, knew nothing about interesting topics, and I had nothing to add to conversation so I lied. It got so bad I researched topics so I knew what I was talking about just to lie about it. Now I hardly talk to anyone so it naturally came to an end.

• Hugs
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Deleted member 4993 and Georgii