BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Just thought I'd say that. I've had a lot of mini relationships but have never been close to getting married and never had a family of my own. It's not the top reason but it's definitely up there. It's just part of me never fitting in. I just want to not exist.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Gonnerr, voyager and 7 others
Liminal1

Liminal1

Done with it all
Oct 20, 2023
From my experience, love is overrated. Its wonderful while it lasts, the problem can be making it last. Its the worst pain you'll ever feel when it ends

Reactions: Darkover
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Just thought I'd say that. I've had a lot of mini relationships but have never been close to getting married and never had a family of my own. It's not the top reason but it's definitely up there. It's just part of me never fitting in. I just want to not exist.
I'm 53 and my love of 13 years does not love me anymore. It is the reason I am here. Lost love is unbearable.
From my experience, love is overrated. Its wonderful while it lasts, the problem can be making it last. Its the worst pain you'll ever feel when it ends
You are correct.
You are correct.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr. Squiggles and Liminal1
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Reactions: Gonnerr, losing hope, DEATH IS FREEDOM and 2 others
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Bullshit. I've never experienced this kind of pain before I found love.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and pthnrdnojvsc
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am 67, and I had one, which turned out to be a gambling addict and a lover of slot machines.

Now I have the love on all my family members here and I am so ever grateful, thank you.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Joarga, Gonnerr and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i know the pain well myself , i had a gf from age 16 to 18 we was together for 2 and half years then she broke up with me i've not had sex again since 19 years later now 37 so i know it's not bullshit

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I have fallen in love when I was younger, but it was a one-sided love so it was just pain for me.
I was so obsessed with that person for no particular reason, always thinking of them.
I'm glad it's over.
But if you can slowly fall in love with someone you spend your time with, that's probably healthier and better.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Spiritual survivor and whywere
smokingfish99

smokingfish99

Jul 25, 2023
I'm in love right now, I have a great gf. But health issues are forcing me to ctb. It would be better she was not in my life, I will soon destroy it

• Aww..
Reactions: voyager, Spiritual survivor, randal_bond and 1 other person
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
I'm in love right now, I have a great gf. But health issues are forcing me to ctb. It would be better she was not in my life, I will soon destroy it
If she loves you, she will not want you to set yourself on fire to keep her warm. Love gives, it's not selfish, it doesn't think of itself.

ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
I completely agree, I was madly in love with this amazing woman for years, and then it just suddenly ended. The pain from the end of the relationship forced me to grow and I appreciate the times we had more than the hurt that was caused afterwards.

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, katagiri83 and Darkover
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
what would you consider love?

smokingfish99

smokingfish99

Jul 25, 2023
If she loves you, she will not want you to set yourself on fire to keep her warm. Love gives, it's not selfish, it doesn't think of itself.
While that is true and beautifully put, I still know my death will be something she will likely never properly recover from. We consider each other soulmates. To die I will have to hurt the person I love the most, nobody should ever be put in that situation

R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
While that is true and beautifully put, I still know my death will be something she will likely never properly recover from. We consider each other soulmates. To die I will have to hurt the person I love the most, nobody should ever be put in that situation
Of course not. Sorry you're backed into the corner.
what would you consider love?
Unselfish and repeated giving (time, resources, etc.) without expecting anything in return. And being happy with success of others, not jealous, not resentful. That's how I see it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and smokingfish99
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I'm really sorry! It's one of the best and worst things someone can feel.

Recently had my heartbroken (again), and I wish I could rip out my heart and never have experienced it to begin with. It hurts.

But I also know if it's something I never would have gotten the chance to, I would wish for it more than anything too. Feels like a double edged sword.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I agree. boggles my mind how so many want romantic love or to get into a romantic relationship . for what to feel that kind of pain after the breakup?

That's just one reason I would never want romantic love.
There's more , much more why i think that garbage sucks and is not needed

Last edited:
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
There's many like us. Its only recently on reflection that i accept i have not loved. I think if two people give unconditionally, trust, are open.with.feelings, be true to self, accept and support in the good and bad times then that might be love. Intimacy maybe too but to but We can love without intimacy. Ive had several intimate relationships but i couldn't trust anyone. You see I was abused and abandoned in childhood so I couldn't trust anyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Painfu.Ll.suffering
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
I have been in love several times and I have had long relationships. I could have married if I wanted to, I got some proposals. But for me it was the wrong men who asked and I am not the type who likes to cook and have children. The worst thing about love is the sadness when one lose love. That grief can take years to go away. Now only faded memories remain. Time changes everything.

Reactions: Rational man